Google Lost Phone Finder - Find, Lock, and Erase an Android Device
google phone finder
Phones have become an essential part of our lives. Thereby losing the phone seems like the end of the world. We have become so much dependent on this piece of technology that living without is impossible now. Thus, many techniques are evolved to allow the users to find their phone immediately in case they lost it or simply could not find them in the house. The use of online services such as Google Phone finder has proved so useful for the people to save the time we regularly spend looking for our phone.
Therefore, in this article, we are going to discuss the most optimal methods that can be used to find the lost phone as soon as possible.
Use Google’s Find My Device
The Google’s Find My Device service was formerly known as Android Device Manager. It is a very useful feature that helps the Android phone users to find the lost or stolen phones.
The only requirement you need to fulfill is activating the setting on our Android phone. Make sure that you are logged into your Google account in your phone; otherwise, the service will not work. To activate the setting in your phone you have to access the Settings and then open the Google option and find Security settings. Under the Security settings, you will see an Android Device Manager Section. The locator feature must be already enabled. You can also enable the Remote Lock and Erase feature.
The steps that you have to follow to find your phone using the Find My Device feature of your Android phone are given below:
Step 1. Get access to some other phone or tablet and download the Find My Device app developed by Google.
Step 2. Login to your Google account and allow the location access to the app, then click on Accept and continue.
Step 3. When you are logged in, the new device will show your phone with some options in the dashboard. The location will appear on the phone. To find your phone you will see the play sound option. As the device play sound, you will be able to find it if it somewhere near you.
If not then you can lock your device and can erase all the data to prevent others from accessing that data.
Use Google Location History
This feature is provided on every phone so that you can keep a track of your previous locations. And if you ever lost your phone then this feature acts as Google Phone Finder to locate your phone.
At first, make sure that you have activated the location feature in your phone otherwise the below method is just a waste of time. Always keep this feature enabled because you never know when your phone could get lost.
The systematic guide is given below to access the location of your phone:
Step 1. Open a web browser from any device you have and visit the android.com/find.
Step 2. Now, log in using your Google account and password.
Step 3. In the next screen, you will see three options. You can play a sound, secure your device or erase it. The first method will play a sound and you will hear it if the device is nearby. The second option will secure the phone until you find. In addition, the third option will permanently erase all data from the phone if you see no chances of retrieving your phone.
Use Third-Party Tools
You can also rely upon some third party tools to find your phone. The basic functions of these tools are a little bit different but are perfectly capable of finding your phone. Such tools are listed below:
Spyzie is a spying, tracking and monitoring app that can be installed on the devices to keep a track of their location. So, if you ever lost your phone, you can access the app’s website and find where you last used your phone. Its Google Phone Finder feature will surely allow you to find your phone immediately.
Samsung’s Find My Mobile:
The Samsung Company has designed their own feature that allows the phone owner to track their phones easily. The settings are usually enabled when you set up your phone and hence, if you lost your phone then you only need to access the findmymobile.samsung.com and it will provide you certain features including Ring, Lock, Erase data, backup, and others.
FamiSafe is a parental control tool is usually used by parents to find the location of their kids. The app can also be used to access Google Phone Finder feature to find out the location of your device. Once the app is installed on your device, you just need to go to the website and login and it will provide you with all the details of your phone.
Find Your Lost Phone using Phone Tracker
If you lost your phone and you are unable to find it anywhere in the house then use the Wonbo Google Phone Finder to find it. Once this device is connected to your phone you will surely never lose your phone again.
- The device has a location-tracking feature that keeps a record of your current and last location.
- It has a bidirectional reminding feature that will ring if the device is getting out of range.
- It can be attached to anything like phone, purse, keys, purse, laptops, or any other important items.
So, now you know that there are so many ways that can help you to find your lost phone. Moreover, if you cannot get it back then you also have access to the features that would protect your data from theft. Therefore, you can take a sigh of relief. In addition, you can always use the Google Phone Finder to make sure that you always get your phone back.
- Parental Controls
- 1.1 Baby Monitor
- 1.2 Monitor Child's iPhone
- 1.3 Check Private Browsing History on Android
- 1.4 Check Your Child's Online Web Browser History
- 1.5 Free Parental Control Apps for Android
- 1.6 Best Parental Control Apps
- 1.7 Set Parental Control on YouTube
- 1.8 Best iOS Parental Control Apps
- 1.9 iPhone Spyware Detection and Removal
- 1.10 Parental Control Apps for Cell Phone Monitoring
- 1.11 Parental Control Routers
- 1.12 Snapchat Parental Control
- Mobile Tracker
- 2.1 Android GPS Tracking Apps
- 2.2 Child GPS Tracking Devices
- 2.3 GPS Tracking Device for Kids
- 2.4 Find Someone's Location on Facebook
- 2.5 See someone’s Location on iPhone
- 2.6 How to Track a Phone Number
- 2.7 Cell Phone Tracker by Number
- 2.8 Best GPS Phone Tracker
- 2.9 Find Real Time Location of a Mobile Phone
- 2.10 Find Your Lost Android Phone
- 2.11 Share Location Between iPhone and Android
- 2.12 Track a Cell Phone Location for Free
- 2.13 Track A Person's Location
- 2.14 How to Track Your Kid's iPhone
- 2.15 If Your Phone is Being Monitored?
- 2.16 How Do I Stop Someone Tracking My iPhone?
- 2.17 Which Websites Are Visited?
- Block Apps & Sites
- 3.1 Best Ad Blocker Apps
- 3.2 Porn Blocker App to Block Porn
- 3.3 Block Porn on Android
- 3.4 Block a Phone Number on iPhone
- 3.5 Block Porn on iPhone
- 3.6 How to Block Porn Sites
- 3.7 Block Websites on Android Phone
- 3.8 Block Text Messages on Android and iPhone
- 3.9 Block Websites on Android Chrome
- 3.10 Porn Blocking Apps for Parents
- 3.11 Free website blocker apps and chrome extension