Best Parental Control Apps for Cell Phone Monitoring 2018
parental monitoring app
These days, our kids are exposed to so many unwanted things on social media. From cyber-bullying to smartphone addiction, they can be a victim of so many things. As a concerned parent, it is your duty to keep an eye on your children. To do this, you can use a parental monitoring app. While there are plenty of cell phone parental controls out there, not every tool can meet your needs. To help you pick the best parental control app, we have come up with this handpicked list.
10 best parental control apps in 2018
Let’s start our list and learn more about the top cell phone parental controls out there.
FamiSafe is undoubtedly the best parental control app that you can try. It can help you track the activity of every major Android and iOS device. To control an Android device, you simply need to access it once. On the other hand, you can monitor an iPhone without even accessing it. FamiSafe is extremely easy to use and will let you monitor your kid’s smartphone remotely.
- Get the real-time location of your kids and instant alerts for check-ins with the geo-fencing feature.
- Know the past location history and routes taken by your kids.
- Remotely block or unblock any app or website
- Set time-based restrictions on the device usage
- Set keyword alerts to provide a safe browsing experience
- Monitor their browsing history and activity on social media
- No need to root or jailbreak the device
- Supports Android and iOS devices
Get it here: https://famisafe.wondershare.com/
If you have a teenager in the house, then you can learn more about this parental monitoring app. It can help you protect your kids from cyber-bullying as well.
- Access their social media activity remotely
- Real-time GPS location tracking
- Browser history and media files access is also given
- Works on Android and iOS devices
Price: $14.95 a month
Get it here: https://www.teensafe.com/
Qustodio is a user-friendly and highly advanced tool that comes with tons of cell phone parental controls. Besides smartphones, it can also be used to monitor computers as well.
- Block any website or app of your choice
- Get instant keyword alerts
- Track phone calls, messages, etc.
- Set time-based screen limitation
- GPS tracking
- Available for Android, iOS, and Kindle
Price: Starts from $55 per year
Get it here: https://www.qustodio.com/en/
As the name suggests, NetNanny will make sure that your kids have a safe environment online. It is also known as the best parental control app for Mac as well.
- Remote filtering of adult content
- Profanity masking
- Social media monitoring
- Instant keyword alerts and notifications
- Time management for device restrictions
- Available for iOS, Android, Windows PC, and Mac
Price: Starts from $9 per device
Get it here: https://www.netnanny.com/
If your kids are addicted to their smartphone, then you should try this parental monitoring app. It can help you set time-based restrictions and limitations on the device usage.
- Block any website or app remotely
- Set scheduling for the device usage
- Inbuilt family locator feature
- Manage everything from your phone
- Major Android and iOS devices are supported
Price: $6.99 per month
Get it here: https://ourpact.com/
Screen Time is one of the easiest ways to set time-based scheduling on the device usage. You can get all the cell phone parental controls on your smartphone.
- Manage the time your kids spend on their smartphones easily.
- Manually restrict and allow phone usage.
- Block any app or website
- Get their browsing history
- Works on Android, iOS, and Kindle devices
Price: $3.99 a month
Get it here: https://screentimelabs.com/
Norton is already a reputed name in the web security domain. Its best parental control app can be integrated with the existing Norton Security facilities as well.
- Remotely block websites and apps on the device
- Get keyword alerts
- Set time-based restrictions on the device
- Access the messages and vital details remotely
- Social media apps are integrated
- Works on Android and iOS devices
Price: $49.99 a year
Get it here: https://family.norton.com/web/
Hoverwatch is a lightweight yet highly effective tool that comes with tons of cell phone parental controls. The tool is widely used to monitor social media activity.
- Monitor popular social media apps like Facebook, Snapchat, WhatsApp, Instagram, Telegram, etc.
- Real-time tracking of the device location
- Works on a stealth mode as well
- Can monitor Android phones, Windows PC, and Mac
Price: $9.95 a year
Get it here: https://www.hoverwatch.com/
MobiStealth is a powerful parental monitoring app, which can track smartphone as well as the computer used by your kids. You can remotely access all the vital information anytime you want.
- Obtain all the crucial information related to the device
- Track location of the phone on a real-time basis
- Record calls and surrounding conversations
- Browser history access
- Android and iOS devices are supported
Price: Starts from $33.33 a month
Get it here: http://www.mobistealth.com/
NetSanity is another popular tool that comes with numerous cell phone parental controls. You can set strict time-based limitations on the device and access its crucial information remotely.
- Set screen time and device usage restrictions
- Filter websites and popular platforms like YouTube
- Block apps and websites remotely
- Enable safe search and block any type of content
- Compatible with major Android and iOS devices
Price: Starts from $6.95 a month
Get it here: https://netsanity.net/
Now when you know all these options for cell phone parental controls, you can certainly pick the best parental control app to meet your requirements. Out of all the options, we recommend FamiSafe as the most suited parental monitoring app. Without the need to root or jailbreak the device, you can monitor it remotely. Simply visit App Store or Google Play to download and install FamiSafe on both parent's and kid's cell phones.
- Parental Controls
- 1.1 Baby Monitor
- 1.2 Monitor Child's iPhone
- 1.3 Check Private Browsing History on Android
- 1.4 Check Your Child's Online Web Browser History
- 1.5 Free Parental Control Apps for Android
- 1.6 Best Parental Control Apps
- 1.7 Set Parental Control on YouTube
- 1.8 Best iOS Parental Control Apps
- 1.9 iPhone Spyware Detection and Removal
- 1.10 Parental Control Apps for Cell Phone Monitoring
- 1.11 Parental Control Routers
- 1.12 Snapchat Parental Control
- Mobile Tracker
- 2.1 Android GPS Tracking Apps
- 2.2 Child GPS Tracking Devices
- 2.3 GPS Tracking Device for Kids
- 2.4 Find Someone's Location on Facebook
- 2.5 See someone’s Location on iPhone
- 2.6 How to Track a Phone Number
- 2.7 Cell Phone Tracker by Number
- 2.8 Best GPS Phone Tracker
- 2.9 Find Real Time Location of a Mobile Phone
- 2.10 Find Your Lost Android Phone
- 2.11 Share Location Between iPhone and Android
- 2.12 Track a Cell Phone Location for Free
- 2.13 Track A Person's Location
- 2.14 How to Track Your Kid's iPhone
- 2.15 If Your Phone is Being Monitored?
- 2.16 How Do I Stop Someone Tracking My iPhone?
- 2.17 Which Websites Are Visited?
- Block Apps & Sites
- 3.1 Best Ad Blocker Apps
- 3.2 Porn Blocker App to Block Porn
- 3.3 Block Porn on Android
- 3.4 Block a Phone Number on iPhone
- 3.5 Block Porn on iPhone
- 3.6 How to Block Porn Sites
- 3.7 Block Websites on Android Phone
- 3.8 Block Text Messages on Android and iPhone
- 3.9 Block Websites on Android Chrome
- 3.10 Porn Blocking Apps for Parents
- 3.11 Free website blocker apps and chrome extension