10 Best Personal GPS Tracking Devices for Tracking Children
personal gps tracking device
There is nothing as scary as the idea of losing a child, a miserable truth for many parents around the world. Watching his child at a distance reassures some parents but for others, maintains fear or even paranoia. Currently, more and more brands are releasing devices to locate their child. Anxious parents can track them using a personal GPS tracking device through their mobile phone. For some, this new monitoring system gives more freedom to minors, makes them more autonomous. For example, they can go home or go to a friend's house alone, without being in the care of an adult.
10 best personal GPS tracking devices for tracking children
Anxious parents may be tempted to buy a personal tracking device, case or watch, to track their child on their way home from school. Here is a collection of the best devices with GPS monitoring for children, which will not only allow you to track your location in real time, but also call them if you wish.
1. hereO 2
The hereO 2 is one of the most popular personal gps tracking device for children. At first glance, it looks like a normal watch with a digital watch face. However, the device can be monitored by GPS for 60 hours, until its battery runs out.
- Whereabouts sharing app for the whole family
- Get location alerts & updates
- Locate your kids everywhere & anytime
- Variety of services in case of emergency
- The hereO Family application is available for both iOS and Android.
- You will get six months of free service if you buy it.
- It has a limited form factor.
- It is something costly.
Price: The device was financed through IndieGoGo, has a price of about 199 dollars, and brings the loading dock and three months of data service. After that, you will have to buy an international subscription service that will cost about $5 a month.
2. Kigo Watch
Previously known as Kidswatcher, the personal tracking device Kigo Watch is designed for children of all ages and has a unisex design.
- Includes GSM and GPS functionality
- Monitor the child's location even when they are indoors.
- Offer global support and can be used in any country.
- Capable on both Android and iOS.
- GPS/Wi-Fi Positioning
- The SOS trigger can be activated by your kids.
- You can set up it very simply. Cons:
- The charges of the battery can last no more one day.
- It doesn’t have a metal connector.
Price: The Kigo Watch is available for a price of 189 euros. The subscription in Europe costs 6 euros per month, while the international subscription reaches 8 euros per month.
3. MyKi Smart Watch
The Myki Smart Watch comes with a GPS-GSM module, so it will work with a subscription to GSM (2G) networks and allow you to see your child's movements from the comfort of your home.
- Real time GPS status
- History of movement
- Control measurements of the movement of your teen
- Protect from calls from an unknown number or a stranger
- Parents Speed Dial
- This GPS watch also an SOS mode
- 350 Minutes Voice Calls
- 24 Months Warranty
Tinitell is prepared of sturdy materials and resists water and dust. Uneven treatment is obvious when playing in the wild. Designed in Sweden, this rugged watch works with any SIM card and in any country in the world.
- It is a GPS locator for children with real-time monitoring through a mobile app.
- It is a "wearable" mobile phone with voice recognition and water resistance.
- Compatible with iOS and Android devices.
- Simple to use.
- Two-way calling.
- The sound quality is not great.
- Not appealing or fun for kids.
- It is able to work on T-Mobile's network only.
Price: This personal gps tracking device was financed through Kickstarter, and can currently be purchased for a price of about 129 euros through the company's official website.
The DokiWatch is not a simple GPS watch for children, it is a complete smartwatch. It was also funded through Kickstarter and is now available for purchase.
- Video calls
- Voice and text messages
- Possibility of sending and receiving emojis
- Location monitoring by GPS, GSM, and Wi-Fi
- Support to delimit safe areas with alerts if they are abandoned
- SOS / Emergency mode when holding a button for 3 seconds
- It is the support for calls and messaging.
- Two-Way Video Call
- Really comfortable to use.
- The interface can be slightly balky.
- Video calling and SOS are not steadfast.
Price: The DokiWatch is priced at $199 and can now be booked through the official website. There are four colors - yellow, blue, pink and black/gray.
Lineable is one of the cheapest GPS devices on our list. It is rather a GPS bracelet with a minimalist design of silicone and water resistance.
- Activity Tracking
- Keep track of your children's whereabouts, all the time.
- SOS Alert
- The battery lasts a whole year without recharging.
- The price is affordable enough.
- Being so cheap, the Lineable does not have GSM support.
- Not completely waterproof
- Not having the capability to set fences or safe zones
Price: The price of this personal tracking device is very competitive and we provide our products at the lowest possible price.
7. My Buddy Tag
The personal gps tracking device Buddy Tag also uses Bluetooth instead of GPS to locate children. For this reason, it is another cheap option.
- Lost Children Prevention
- Water Safety Alert
- Secured Wristband
- Email with Last Seen Location
- This GPS bracelet brings a panic alarm.
- Completely waterproof wearable.
- Available in multiple colors.
- It's not like a complete GPS locator.
8. Trax Play
If you do not want a GPS watch for kids and you simply need a good personal tracking device, then Trax Play will be your best choice.
- Real-Time Tracking
- Custom Geofences
- Proximity Alerts
- Track Multiple Devices
- International Coverage
- The Trax Play is water resistant.
- The battery lasts 72 hours.
- Wireless Charging
- No two-way communication.
- The battery can’t last even a day.
Price: The device can be purchased in white or pink for about 75 - 95 euros, depending on the model.
A durable and accurate personal gps tracking device tailored for children with special needs.
- Constant tracking
- Frequent location alerts
- Call and communication functions
- Sensory Friendly Wearables
- Has a waterproof silicone case.
- Designed for guardians of children with special needs.
- It comes with an abrupt monthly bill.
- The battery life is relatively short.
The monthly service plan, which covers unlimited GPS tracking and 60 minutes of voice calls, costs $ 53 per month.
10. LG GizmoPal 2
Among the available GPS tracking watches, the Verizon Wireless exclusive LG GizmoPal 2 is one of the most economical options.
- Real-Time Location Tracking
- Auto Answer Function
- Two-Way Calling
- Standby Time
- Stylish Design.
- The battery is rated for 9 days of standby time.
- Easy to monitor.
- Relatively cheap.
- GPS tracking is only on mandate, not live.
- Too bulky for minors.
Price: As a Verizon exclusive, the $ 80 GizmoPal 2 requires service through Verizon to purchase one. Once you have paid for the watch, a monthly fee of $ 5 allows you to use the voice minutes and data from a service plan monthly established.
FamiSafe - the best Parental Control Tool
The presence of personal tracking device for children in the market is so huge that it can become a real challenge to find the best choice for us, the one that best suits our needs and pleasures, thus turning into an expensive and tedious effort something that would have been a pleasure: the purchase of a new product. If you are really looking for the most reliable parental control application then we will recommend you to buy FamiSafe.
- Real-time GPS tracking.
- Set time limits for the use of the device.
- Blocks pornographic and inappropriate websites
- Restrict applications and games.
- Track social networks.
Having a personal gps tracking device for children is becoming essential. We never want something bad to happen, but it is always better to prevent than to regret. At the time of making a purchase or obtaining a new product, it is important that we are aware of all the possibilities that the market gives us today. Having the maximum information about the peculiarities of the most popular GPS children on sale is a great advantage to make the right decision. For this reason, it is very useful to know the latest list of sales and scoops in the world of children GPS, so that we can direct our choice with sufficient evidence, thus ensuring the tranquility of making a good purchase.
- Parental Controls
- 1.1 Baby Monitor
- 1.2 Monitor Child's iPhone
- 1.3 Check Private Browsing History on Android
- 1.4 Check Your Child's Online Web Browser History
- 1.5 Free Parental Control Apps for Android
- 1.6 Best Parental Control Apps
- 1.7 Set Parental Control on YouTube
- 1.8 Best iOS Parental Control Apps
- 1.9 iPhone Spyware Detection and Removal
- 1.10 Parental Control Apps for Cell Phone Monitoring
- 1.11 Parental Control Routers
- 1.12 Snapchat Parental Control
- Mobile Tracker
- 2.1 Android GPS Tracking Apps
- 2.2 Child GPS Tracking Devices
- 2.3 GPS Tracking Device for Kids
- 2.4 Find Someone's Location on Facebook
- 2.5 See someone’s Location on iPhone
- 2.6 How to Track a Phone Number
- 2.7 Cell Phone Tracker by Number
- 2.8 Best GPS Phone Tracker
- 2.9 Find Real Time Location of a Mobile Phone
- 2.10 Find Your Lost Android Phone
- 2.11 Share Location Between iPhone and Android
- 2.12 Track a Cell Phone Location for Free
- 2.13 Track A Person's Location
- 2.14 How to Track Your Kid's iPhone
- 2.15 If Your Phone is Being Monitored?
- 2.16 How Do I Stop Someone Tracking My iPhone?
- 2.17 Which Websites Are Visited?
- Block Apps & Sites
- 3.1 Best Ad Blocker Apps
- 3.2 Porn Blocker App to Block Porn
- 3.3 Block Porn on Android
- 3.4 Block a Phone Number on iPhone
- 3.5 Block Porn on iPhone
- 3.6 How to Block Porn Sites
- 3.7 Block Websites on Android Phone
- 3.8 Block Text Messages on Android and iPhone
- 3.9 Block Websites on Android Chrome
- 3.10 Porn Blocking Apps for Parents
- 3.11 Free website blocker apps and chrome extension