Top 5 Best GPS Trackers for Car
gps tracker for car
While everyone always hopes for the best things in life, sometimes something bad happens. Having your vehicle stolen will definitely leave you upset and frustrated. Fortunately, there is a solution that can help you know where you car is. All you need is a GPS tracker for car installed in your vehicle.
- These trackers allow you to monitor the movements of your car.
- You can coach your new driver with these trackers, keep an eye on your family members’ (teenagers or elderly) activities and use them for theft protection.
- They can bring you a complete peace of mind by allowing you track each movement of your car.
While there’s no shortage of options available when it comes to GPS tracker for car, here are some best car GPS trackers.
Top 5 Best GPS Trackers for Car
The Spy Tec STI GL300 GPS Tracker
Long considered as one of the best car GPS tracking devices, the SpyTec STI GL300 Mini is a compact portable GPS tracker which can pinpoint the device’s location within 15 feet of accuracy. It has the most and best reviews than any other car GPS tracking system on Amazon. With the size of a matchbox (just 2 x 1 x 0.8 inches), this tiny tracker is great for hiding in a difficult-to-find area of a vehicle.
This GPS tracker for car provides a weatherproof magnetic case to hide in the car undercarriage. The motion sensor-based power saver provides battery life of two weeks or longer before requiring a recharge. Similar to its competitors, STI GL 300 provides various functions including geofencing, alerts and integration with Google Maps. It can store data for more than 1 year with monthly subscription of $35 to $45.
- An SOS Button which sends an instant notification of location when pressed.
- Very responsive and excellent customer service
- Unreliable battery life
MOTOsafety OBD GPS Tracker
Ideal for parents of teen drivers, the MOTOsafety OBD GPS vehicle tracker is yet another hugely popular option in best car GPS trackers with rave user reviews. It allows parents to keep tab on how fast and where their child is driving. It can be plugged directly into your vehicle’s OBD outlet and does not require any wiring. Offering a slew of services with a monthly subscription of $20, this tracker can also track basic car maintenance and provides alert in case of a review or replacement. You can track your car’s route through the MOTOsafety app for Android and iOS, and can also set geofencing to alert when the car leaves or enters specific areas. Its route reply function is also worthwhile that gives detailed analysis of trips. Many customers reported of saving up to 30% on insurance rate for using MOTOsafety OBD.
- Tracking for direction, location, traffic, speed, etc.
- Relatively inexpensive
- Full driver’s training course for teen drivers
- Real-time alerts
- Dedicated app
- Super sensitive acceleration alerts
- Limited app functions
- Notifications via text message
- Difficult speed limit settings
Optimus 2.0 Portable GPS Tracker
Measuring just 3 x 1.5 x 1 inches in size, Optimus 2.0 Portable GPS Tracker is truly a portable option that can easily fit anywhere in your vehicle inconspicuously. You can buy a weatherproof magnetic case to attach it externally. This tiny device has a few distinctive features that set it aside from competitors. Its internal battery can last up to two weeks because of a built-in motion sensor which switches the unit between operation and standby modes to save power. The tracker comes with a monthly subscription of $20 and allows users to cancel anytime. It can send text message or email for geofencing, movement, speeding and low battery. Optimus contains an SOS button on the unit for emergency services.
- Unlimited historical and detailed data
- An SOS button for emergency
- Battery powered
- Dedicated app
- Good customer service
- Some issues with geo-positioning updates
- Data transmission only in areas with cellular coverage
- Sometime signal fails
- No updates on battery usage
- Need to be reset regularly
MasTrack OBD Real Time GPS Tracker
The MasTrack OBD is a premium GPS tracker for car that comes with a bevy of features. Plugging directly into your car’s OBD-II port, the MasTrack monitors location, sends maintenance reminders and checks engine alerts. With a nationwide coverage and real-time live GPS tracking, MasTrack provides you unlimited 24/7 access (with 1 minute update time), accurate reporting and alert notifications. Its monthly subscription fees vary, however, the first year is included free. This GPS tracker helps parents by delivering information via email or text messages on harsh braking, rapid acceleration and speeding.
- Multiple service levels for subscription
- Maintenance reminders and check engine alerts
- No installation required
- Durable and reliable
- Useable with any internet enabled device
- Easy to use and operate
- Random text messages / alerts
- Not very accurate on results
Americaloc GL300W XW Series
The more compact a GPS tracker for car, the better it is, and Americaloc GL300W is just brilliant in this respect. The Americaloc GL300W XW Series is a high-rated portable GPS tracker which provides live real-time updates along with 1 year’s historical data. What makes the tracker worth investing for is its battery life. The device comes with a long battery life to ensure that you don’t lose the signal when really needed. The tracker will provide you timely alerts for any movement including parking, speeding, low battery, or leaving a particular location. You can track the vehicle using smartphones, tablets, computer, or app. Its maintenance service cost $25 for a month and you can cancel it anytime. Unlike other GPS trackers, Americaloc GL300W works in every country in the world.
- Compact in size and can easily fit
- Provides track record history of 1 year
- Provides alerts of unpleasant actions
- Long battery life
- Tracks almost anything
- No activation fees
- Easy to configure
- Slow updates
- Extreme weather disturbs its accuracy
A GPS tracker for car makes sense when you worry about you and your child’s security. And the fact that it can also lower your car insurance premiums is a big bonus. Finding the best car GPS tracker that suits your tracking needs can be difficult if you don’t know where exactly to start. But now when you know the popular GPS tracking devices, it’s time for you to invest in such a tracker that suits your budget and assist you tracking different activities of the day. So, be wise, spend quality time in doing comparison and get your ideal GPS tracker.
- Parental Controls
- 1.1 Baby Monitor
- 1.2 Monitor Child's iPhone
- 1.3 Check Private Browsing History on Android
- 1.4 Check Your Child's Online Web Browser History
- 1.5 Free Parental Control Apps for Android
- 1.6 Best Parental Control Apps
- 1.7 Set Parental Control on YouTube
- 1.8 Best iOS Parental Control Apps
- 1.9 iPhone Spyware Detection and Removal
- 1.10 Parental Control Apps for Cell Phone Monitoring
- 1.11 Parental Control Routers
- 1.12 Snapchat Parental Control
- Mobile Tracker
- 2.1 Android GPS Tracking Apps
- 2.2 Child GPS Tracking Devices
- 2.3 GPS Tracking Device for Kids
- 2.4 Find Someone's Location on Facebook
- 2.5 See someone’s Location on iPhone
- 2.6 How to Track a Phone Number
- 2.7 Cell Phone Tracker by Number
- 2.8 Best GPS Phone Tracker
- 2.9 Find Real Time Location of a Mobile Phone
- 2.10 Find Your Lost Android Phone
- 2.11 Share Location Between iPhone and Android
- 2.12 Track a Cell Phone Location for Free
- 2.13 Track A Person's Location
- 2.14 How to Track Your Kid's iPhone
- 2.15 If Your Phone is Being Monitored?
- 2.16 How Do I Stop Someone Tracking My iPhone?
- 2.17 Which Websites Are Visited?
- Block Apps & Sites
- 3.1 Best Ad Blocker Apps
- 3.2 Porn Blocker App to Block Porn
- 3.3 Block Porn on Android
- 3.4 Block a Phone Number on iPhone
- 3.5 Block Porn on iPhone
- 3.6 How to Block Porn Sites
- 3.7 Block Websites on Android Phone
- 3.8 Block Text Messages on Android and iPhone
- 3.9 Block Websites on Android Chrome
- 3.10 Porn Blocking Apps for Parents
- 3.11 Free website blocker apps and chrome extension