How to Track a Vehicle with GPS for Free
how to track a vehicle with gps for free
Apologises for bursting your bubble, but there are virtually no ways you’ll be able to track a vehicle using GPS for free. Learning to track a vehicle with GPS for free is not impossible since it costs money to develop, power and communicate radio signals via satellites.
However, thanks to modern technology, the price of GPS tracking for vehicles has never been more affordable, and it’s now cheaper than ever, making it easy for anybody to track any vehicle they need to accurately.
So, while it’s near impossible to learn how to track a vehicle with GPS for free, you can do it very affordable and without a huge cost to yourself.
Why It’s Necessary to Track a Vehicle?
There are plenty of reasons why you might need to track a vehicle in the world via GPS. Some of the most common include people tracking their partners to see whether they’re going where they say they’re going, especially if they’re suspecting them of cheating.
If you’re a manager who gives their employees work vehicles to use, you may need to track the location of the vehicles to make sure they’re safe, and that your employees are using their vehicles properly while going where they’re supposed to be going.
All in all, if you require peace of mind as to the location of a vehicle, or you’re concerned about the safety, whereabouts, or location of the person inside, you’re going to need a vehicle GPS tracker. Fortunately, we’re here to tell you which ones are the best.
Top 10 GPS Tracking Devices for Vehicles
#1 - Spy Tec STI GL300 Mini Portable Real-Time Vehicle GPS Tracker
To start off our list, we’ve chosen one of the best real-time vehicle GPS trackers in the industry, and easily one of the most popular. This is all thanks to its ease-of-use, premium features, and outstanding accuracy.
- Monthly contract costs $25 per month
- Track all vehicle location using a simple Google Maps app
- Easy-to-use geofencing mode with custom alerts
- Ideal for tracking vehicles of any size anywhere in the world
- Location reporting compatible with iOS and Android devices
- An impressive two-week battery life
#2 - Linxup LTAS1 Mini Portable Real-Time Vehicle GPS Tracker
The Linxup LTAS1 is another very popular GPS tracker that gives you complete peace of mind when it comes to the location of a vehicle. With fast update times and a long battery life, this is a great example of what a GPS tracker should be.
- The monthly contract comes in at $22.99 per month
- Updates location every 60 seconds
- Rechargeable battery that doesn’t take long to charge
- iOS and Android mobile apps are free
- The battery will last up to 14 days
- The world-class customer service team
- Unable to change location update interval duration
#3 - LandAirSea SilverCloud SYNC Real-Time Tracking Device (COVERT)
If you’re looking for a military-grade GPS tracker that prides itself on being one of the most accurate and efficient trackers around, this is it.
- Monthly contract is $24.95
- Comes with a SIM card to use straight out of the box
- Plug into your vehicle, so no battery or recharging needed
- Can store and report on all location history
- Impressive accuracy within 6-inches
- 60-second location updates
- Multiple services and fleet options available
- No way to change location update interval
- Not a stealthy option
#4 - MasTrack MT-OBD Live GPS Vehicle Tracker with Engine Diagnostics
The MasTrack GPS Tracker not only gives you the location of the vehicle but always a ton of information about the engine, so you can address exactly what’s going on with your vehicle at all times.
- Real-time GPS location tracking with 1-minute location updates
- Low monthly subscription of just $10.99
- Unlimited geofencing options with multiple messaging abilities
- Comes with a 30-day warranty and money-back
- Compatible with Android and iOS devices
- The company has been operating since 1996
- The expensive upfront cost
- Not a subtle option to install (plug-and-play)
#5 - AMERICALOC GL300W Mini Portable Real-Time GPS Tracker XW Series
Americaloc is another hugely popular GPS tracker throughout the United States for both domestic and commercial uses, and for so many reasons you’re going to love.
- $25 per month contract with 2-months free (cancel anytime)
- Multiple location interval update options (60/30/10 seconds)
- Stealth installation into any vehicle
- The battery can last weeks on a single charge
- Works in almost every country around the world
- Dedicated app compatible with Android and iOS devices
- The premium upfront cost
#6 - Amcrest Am-GL300 V3 Portable Mini Real-Time GPS Tracker for Vehicles
Amcrest is another fantastic GPS tracking manufacturer that’s renowned for their quality, high-performance trackers all over the world, as well as their low prices and range of features.
- Plans start at $19.99 per month (cancel anytime)
- Unlimited geofencing features with multiple message options
- Can transmit data to tablet, phone or computer
- Compatible on iOS and Android devices
- Outstanding two-week battery life
- Free lifetime support on your product
- Not a 3G connection (2G)
- Cannot be turned on remotely
#7 - MOTOsafety MTAS1 Mini Portable Real-Time Vehicle GPS Tracker
Sometimes, it’s always best to go simple with a GPS tracker that gets the job done with no-frills attached. This is the exact niche the MOTOsafety GPS tracker fulfills.
- Plans start at $19.99 per month
- Unlimited geofencing opportunities and options
- The world-renowned customer support team
- Impressive 14-day battery life
- Can update location on Google Maps every 60 seconds
- Works anywhere in the world
- Cannot change location update interval
#8 - GPS Tracker - Optimus 2.0
The Optimus 2.0 is definitely the people’s choice when it comes to GPS tracking your vehicles due to its high and accurate output, fantastic extensive features, and everything you need to monitor your vehicles.
- Plans start at $19.95 (cancel anytime)
- Receive custom text or email alerts on geofencing settings
- See all historical data on each tracker
- Can adjust the update interval time from 10 - 60 seconds
- App compatible with Android and iOS devices
- SIM card and data plan included with your purchase
#9 - Trak 4 New Mobile GPS Tracker for Tracking Vehicles
The Trak 4 is more of a commercial solution due to its larger size, and it’s not very subtle. However, with affordable contract plans and easy installation, it’s a great choice for anybody wanting to track a vehicle.
- Prices start as low as $5.99 per month
- Long battery life up to 12 months on a single charge
- Email and text alert updates on geofencing feature
- Can be charged with a cell phone charger
- The weather-proof case for a longer lifespan
- Sends location information to phone, tablets or computers
- Rather bulky compared with other GPS trackers here
#10 - Logistimatics Mobile 200 Real-Time Vehicle GPS Tracker with Audio Monitoring
The final GPS tracker we’ve chosen here takes an extra-special approach to vehicle GPS tracking by showing you the location of the vehicle, as well as giving you an exclusive audio monitoring feature so you can hear exactly what’s going on inside the vehicle!
- Listen in to the car environment using the built-in audio monitoring feature
- Plans start at $14.95 per month
- Reports on location every 30 seconds
- Unlimited geofencing features
- App compatible with iOS and Android devices
- SIM card and data plan is included
- Impressive 2-3-week battery life
When it comes to choosing the best GPS tracker to help you track a vehicle with GPS for, as you can see there are plenty of options out there, but any of the ten listed here are ideal, so all you need to do is pick the one that’s right for you!
- Parental Controls
- 1.1 Baby Monitor
- 1.2 Monitor Child's iPhone
- 1.3 Check Private Browsing History on Android
- 1.4 Check Your Child's Online Web Browser History
- 1.5 Free Parental Control Apps for Android
- 1.6 Best Parental Control Apps
- 1.7 Set Parental Control on YouTube
- 1.8 Best iOS Parental Control Apps
- 1.9 iPhone Spyware Detection and Removal
- 1.10 Parental Control Apps for Cell Phone Monitoring
- 1.11 Parental Control Routers
- 1.12 Snapchat Parental Control
- Mobile Tracker
- 2.1 Android GPS Tracking Apps
- 2.2 Child GPS Tracking Devices
- 2.3 GPS Tracking Device for Kids
- 2.4 Find Someone's Location on Facebook
- 2.5 See someone’s Location on iPhone
- 2.6 How to Track a Phone Number
- 2.7 Cell Phone Tracker by Number
- 2.8 Best GPS Phone Tracker
- 2.9 Find Real Time Location of a Mobile Phone
- 2.10 Find Your Lost Android Phone
- 2.11 Share Location Between iPhone and Android
- 2.12 Track a Cell Phone Location for Free
- 2.13 Track A Person's Location
- 2.14 How to Track Your Kid's iPhone
- 2.15 If Your Phone is Being Monitored?
- 2.16 How Do I Stop Someone Tracking My iPhone?
- 2.17 Which Websites Are Visited?
- Block Apps & Sites
- 3.1 Best Ad Blocker Apps
- 3.2 Porn Blocker App to Block Porn
- 3.3 Block Porn on Android
- 3.4 Block a Phone Number on iPhone
- 3.5 Block Porn on iPhone
- 3.6 How to Block Porn Sites
- 3.7 Block Websites on Android Phone
- 3.8 Block Text Messages on Android and iPhone
- 3.9 Block Websites on Android Chrome
- 3.10 Porn Blocking Apps for Parents
- 3.11 Free website blocker apps and chrome extension