Keep Your Loved Ones Closer
Easily share location with family and friends anytime, anywhere
Google Maps may be the last app you ever considered helpful; it can very well be the least used app on your cell phone. But when it comes to finding a quick route to your office or trying to locate a restaurant near your new apartment, most of us prefer using this usually overlooked app. But Google map's usefulness is more than that.
Do you know you can share Google Map location with your loved ones and keep track of each other's locations in real-time? For anxious parents and eager friends waiting at the meetup place, sharing location using the Google Map helps locate where your child or your buddies are and enjoy peace of mind.
So, if you have no idea how to share Google map location, worry not. This guide is all about how to send Google map location to your friends and family, allowing them to keep a tab on where you are, excellently amplifying the safety of your loved ones.
Apps that we download on our Android phones often demand location access. It is very rare to notice that our GPS location is turned on as we grant location access to different apps in our smartphones. Besides, many people also keep their GPS turned on to help navigate their way on a daily basis.
Even with its advanced real-time location sharing feature, Google Map lacks one thing: It can't tell you whether someone checks your location and keeping a tab on you.
Whether you are an Android or iOS user, with Google Map Location toggle turned on all the time, you can become prey for strangers who may get access to your location.
Although the share Google Map location feature helps you in tracking down the location of your loved ones and gives worried parents a sense of security, it is not always wise to share your Google location online because:
- Check-in status delivers your exact location. So, every time you are out shopping or dining with your friends, you expose your location to a wide range of users following you on social media platforms. This puts you and the people surrounding you at risk.
- Our picture gallery is often synchronized with our GPS location, and at times we are not aware of this fact. This brings us to Geolocation tagging, where our pictures get saved along with our GPS location. This lands you in even graver danger as anyone can now know your exact location using the picture for more precision.
However, you can hide your location with these tips:
- As an added security feature, share your location only with your closed ones. Send out requests to people and recipients who you trust and those concerned about your well-being.
- When not in need, make sure to turn off the location on your phone.
- Turn off the location tracking feature of apps you deem unnecessary.
- Set your social media account to preference settings, limiting your visibility to limited people in your friend list.
For your safety and the safety of others, you must share your location with a limited number of people who are closest to you, including your parents, spouse, friends, and colleagues at work.
So, how to share Google Map location from your iOS and Android devices? The trick is pretty simple, and all you got to do is follow the given procedure.
Step 1: Open Google Maps on your smartphone.
Step 2: Go to the upper right corner of your screen. Choose "Share Location" in the pop-up menu.
Step 3: If you are new to Google Map, the app will ask you to grant it access to your contact list. Select "okay."
Or you can also click on the “New share” option to find the contact of your choice and share your Google Location with them.
Step 4: Next, you need to choose the time limit allowed for each contact for location sharing. You have two options available for each contact. You can either allow contact to have your shared location for up to 1-hour or until you turn off this setting.
Here are more articles about location sharing:
On the whole, using Google Maps is very easy for someone who has been using a smartphone. However, how to enable or disable the location sharing option remain two of the most asked questions. Here is how you can do it.
Enable Location Sharing
To enable sharing on Google Map, all you need is to go to Google Map and select the “Location Sharing” option. Next, you have to search through the contact you want to share location with, and finally, select “Start Sharing.”
Disable Location Sharing
You can also prevent someone from tracking you. Go to the Google Map and select the “Location Sharing” option. Now go to the person you want to disable from your sharing list and simply tap on "Stop." The person will no more receive any information about your whereabouts.
Geonection: Best Alternative To Google Maps
Google Map may have the basic feature of pinpointing the location of your loved ones, but if you intend to keep them safer, you need to give FamiSafe a try. The location-sharing app is available for both Android and iOS users. The app is secure, connects you with more than one device at a time, and offers quick and accurate real-time location sharing through its unique and innovative Geonection feature.
The Geonection feature is all about real-time tracking and is super easy to use. The main interface of the map is seen on the first page, which allows you to monitor people within different Circles.
Circles are simply groups that you need to create in the app for its convenient use. Each Circle is marked with a different name, such as family, friends, and colleagues. Only people within the same Circles can see your location.
To know more about a person in your list, you just have to select their name, expand the member list and view the individual location details. You can switch between different Circles to keep an eye on all your loved ones, whether it's family, friends, or colleagues. You can access all function settings from the map page.
Uses Of Geonection Features
Some common case scenarios where Geonection can help you faster and better include:
- It allows you to track and share location with multiple people simultaneously. To know about the location of your friends and family members simultaneously, the Geonection feature of Famisafe is the most reliable and quick.
- It informs you when your contact reaches their destination safely.
- Real-time location sharing is an improved safety feature added to the app.
When it comes to keeping our loved ones safe, knowing where they give you the satisfaction that they are safely on their way to home or their destination, Google Maps is a good way to ensure that, but its features are limited.
On the other hand, Famisafe is an excellent app with its Geonection feature that truly provides you with extra pairs of eyes to make sure you can track as many people as you want and earn that peace of mind that you and your loved ones deserve.