How to Make Good Use of Google Activity? Learn Here!
- Family Locator Apps
- Other Family Apps
- Family Locator Tips
Your Google dashboard location history lets you access the opt-in My Activity feature. Your search-related information is automatically saved in Google activity when you use Google sites, apps, and services. In essence, "My Activity" is the main page where you may view all of the information that Google has collected about you. Your Google activity timeline is also listed separately, starting with the most recent.
Using the My Activity feature, you can control what data gets saved to your account and how much of it Google sees. Make matters better by automatically wiping off your search history after some time. Before this, your account may still include years of search data from outdated devices. The Google location activity feature and everything you need to know about it are in this guide.
Table of Content
Google activity is a feature offered by Google that allows users to view and manage their data and activity saved to their Google Account. This includes data on their use of Google's services, such as search queries, YouTube history, and Google dashboard location history.
Google activity allows users to view and delete their activity data and set up activity controls to manage the data saved to their accounts. Users can also turn off certain types of data collection, such as Google location activity or voice if they do not want this data saved to their account.
Google activity intends to give users more control over their data and privacy and provide a transparent overview of the data collected and saved by Google. It is accessible through the Google Account settings on various devices, including computers, phones, and tablets.
Google Activity can help users in several ways:
- For Work: To better support your work log or schedule, you can look at your Google search, Google Docs, Google Analytics, and Google Develop histories.
- Data management: Google Activity allows users to view and delete their activity data, giving them greater control over the data saved to their Google Account. This can help users manage their data and keep it organized.
- Parental controls: Google Activity allows users to set up activity controls to manage the data saved to their accounts. This can help users protect their privacy by choosing which data is saved and which is not. You can view your children's online activity, including their Google Play Store, YouTube history, and location history (on phones). However, you can always remove history.
- Transparency: Google Activity provides a transparent overview of the data collected and saved by Google. This can help users understand how their data is being used and help them make informed decisions about their privacy.
- Personalized experiences: By reviewing their activity data, users can learn more about their interests and preferences, which can help Google provide more personalized experiences, such as customized search results and recommendations.
- Security: Google Activity can help users identify suspicious activity on their accounts, such as unauthorized access or data breaches. This can help users take steps to protect their account and their data.
How to access Google activity with web and mobile apps.
Use Google location activity on mobile applications and the web with a Google Account, and sign in. Here's a general overview of how to access and use Google Activity:
- Open the web browser and go to the Google Account page (https://myaccount.Google.com).
- Sign in to the Google Account using your email address and password.
- Click on the "privacy and personalization" tab on the main account page.
- Scroll down to the "Activity and timeline" option and click on the "Go to my activity controls" button.
- This will take you to the Google Activity page, where you can view and manage your activity data.
- To view your activity data, click on the specific category you want to view, such as "Web & App Activity" or "Location History."
- To delete your activity data, click on the three dots icon next to the item you want to delete and select "Delete." You can also use the "Delete activity by" feature to delete all activity within a specific time.
To set up activity controls, click the "Manage activity" button next to the specific category you want to manage. From here, you can turn off data collection or set up alerts and notifications.
In general, Google activity timeline is irreplaceable because it is a compilation of all Google goods, and it is challenging to replace Google's ecosystem.
But let's say you want to keep an eye on your children's online activity. If so, several Google Activity competitors include comparable tools for viewing and managing data and activity stored in a user's account. It is crucial to remember that every service has unique characteristics and skills. Users should examine the available choices to find the one that best suits their requirements and tastes. Several possibilities are:
- Google Family Link
Google Family Link is a service offered by Google that allows parents to set up and manage their child's Google Account. It helps parents protect their child's online safety and well-being and gives them greater control over their digital experiences.
Google Family Link is available for children under 13 and is accessible through the Family Link app or the parent's Google Account settings. With Google Family Link, parents can:
- Set up a Google Account for their child: Parents can make a Google Account for their child and link it to their account. This allows them to manage their child's account and device settings.
- Set limits on device usage: Parents can use Google Family Link to set daily screen time limits and schedule device usage times for their children. They can also set up bedtime limits to restrict device usage during certain hours.
- Control the content and apps their child can access: Parents can use Google Family Link to approve or block apps and websites their child can access on their device. They can also set up filters to block inappropriate content and protect their child from online dangers.
- View their child's activity: Parents can use Google Family Link to view their child's activity on their device, including their app usage, web browsing history, and location history. This can help parents understand their child's digital habits and identify potential risks.
Overall, Google Family Link provides parents with tools to protect their child's online safety and well-being and give them greater control over Internet experiences. The app is available for all Android devices through the Family Link or the parent's Google Account settings.
FamiSafe is a parental control and monitoring app developed by Wondershare that helps parents monitor and manage their child's online activity, including device usage, web browsing, and app usage.
FamiSafe offers a range of features designed to help parents protect their child's online safety and well-being, including:
- Real-time location tracking: FamiSafe allows parents to view their child's real-time location on a map and set up location alerts to receive notifications when their child arrives at or leaves a designated location.
- App and website blocking: Parents can use FamiSafe to block certain apps or websites they do not want their child to access.
- Screen time limits: FamiSafe allows parents to limit their child's device usage, including setting daily screen time limits and scheduling device usage times.
- Web filtering: FamiSafe provides web filtering to block inappropriate content and protect children from online dangers.
- App usage monitoring: FamiSafe allows parents to view the apps their child is using and set up alerts for a specific app activity.
- Geofencing: FamiSafe allows parents to set up virtual boundaries, or geofences, around specific locations, such as their child's school or home, and receive alerts when their child enters or leaves those locations.
- Message monitoring: FamiSafe allows parents to monitor their child's text and social media messages, including WhatsApp, Facebook, and Instagram.
FamiSafe is accessible for Android and iOS devices via Google and Apple Store. Its geofencing feature helps parents protect their children online by keeping them away from bad people hovering for innocent prey.
Monitor location, search, and YouTube time, and apply parental control accordingly. Unlike Google activity, kids can't bypass it by changing browsers or deleting history.
Play this video link to check how FamiSafe works:
- Web Filter & SafeSearch
- Screen Time Limit & Schedule
- Location Tracking & Driving Report
- App Blocker & App Activity Tracker
- YouTube History Monitor & Video Blocker
- Social Media Texts & Porn Images Alerts
- Works on Mac, Windows, Android, iOS, Kindle Fire, Chromebook
Thus, now you can view and manage the information and web searches you've shared with Google in Google dashboard location history with the My Activity tool. It decreases third-party data mining and restricts Google's ability to track you. You have more control over how much of your personal information these businesses can access because they rely on Google Play Services. This provides you greater control over your Google location activity in your Google account. It is advantageous since personal information and privacy are essential for maintaining our online safety.
- Can Google activity be tracked?
Yes, your activity can be tracked by Google. When you sign in to their Google Account and use Google's services, their activity automatically saves to their Google Account. This includes search queries, Google location history, and YouTube history.
However, you can turn off certain types of data collection or delete activity data at any time through the Google Activity settings in the Google Account. Plus, set up activity controls to manage the data saved to their account.
In addition, you can use privacy tools such as private browsing or incognito mode to prevent the activity from being saved to your Google Account. However, note that these tools do not entirely prevent Google from tracking activity, as other data, such as IP addresses and device information, may still be collected.
- Does Google activity show delete history?
Google activity does not show deleted history by default. When users delete their activity data, it is permanently removed from their Google Account and is not recoverable.
However, users can view a summary of their deleted activity in the Google activity timeline settings of their Google Account. This summary will show the date and type of activity that was deleted but will not include the specific details of the activity.
It is also important to note that deleting activity data from the Google Account does not necessarily delete all data related to that activity. For example, if a user has shared their location with a third-party app, that app may still have access to their location history, even if deleted from the user's Google Account. Users should check the privacy settings of any apps or services they use to understand how their data is being used and shared.