T-Mobile FamilyWhere Family Locator App - Pros, Cons and Alternative
t mobile family where app
In this technology dependent world, life has become fast-paced. It is possible to send messages, images and videos from one part of the world to other in seconds. Technology has made it easier to stay in touch and network with your friends, family and other people irrespective of their location. Kids have become tech savvy too, but keeping track of them has become challenging. Parents are constantly worried about the safety and whereabouts of their kids no matter whether the kids are young or adult. Not just kids, being the head of the family, you will always want to know where your family members are and whether they are safe or not. Family locator apps are just what you need to ensure this peace of mind. There are a plethora of family locator apps available in the app stores. Each of these apps provides you with basic to complex features for tracking location of your family. One of the best and popular family locator apps is the T-Mobile FamilyWhere app.
About T-Mobile FamilyWhere app
A free app offered by T-Mobile, the FamilyWhere app is a check-in app that lets you to keep track of your family members’ location. It simplifies life of family members in this fast paced digital world. The app has been redesigned recently, making it more user-friendly, streamlined and personalized. It allows you to find your family members on the T-Mobile 4G network and ensure their safety. It uses the locations of the phone of person you are trying to track and displays it on the map. It displays the approximate location, usually the nearest cell tower location. It is optimized for cell phones and can be used to track at most 10 numbers.
- Any user can share their location with their primary account holder.
- The location is shared via a text message.
- The information is sent in real-time.
- It makes checking kids location fun with emoticons.
- It does not require GPS or any extra software.
- No opt-in required.
- Track devices across platforms with the app or through the T-mobile.com website.
- Access history of 7 days.
The T-Mobile FamilyWhere app quickly and accurately locates phones on your active T-Mobile account.
The service gives a free trial for 30 days. At the end of 30 days, the price of this service is $10 per month and it is added to your bill.
Though T-Mobile FamilyWhere app is easy-to-use, it comes with a fair share of limitations. It includes
- If the family members are not on T-Mobile network, you cannot use this app to track their location.
- The app is available only for Android devices.
- Location provided is less accurate as it is of the nearest cell phone tower.
Enhanced Features that are the Need of the Day for parents
T-mobile is a basic location tracking app for family members on T-Mobile network. But, parents today are looking for something more than location tracking. They not only need to monitor the location of the kids, but also their cell phone usage. The amount of time children are spending on phones and the content they are getting exposed to is a cause of concern. So, parents today need parental control app that gives them access to their kid’s devices. Parents also need to ensure that their kids know their phones are trackable rather than spying behind their backs.
It is important to have an app that gives these comprehensive features to ensure complete peace of mind of parents. One of the best apps that provide a pack of location tracking and parental control features is the FamiSafe app.
FamiSafe - The Best Alternative to T-Mobile FamilyWhere Family Locator App
FamiSafe is a powerful app for parental control and tracking. It is available for both iOS and Android devices. The app allows parents to monitor what their kids are doing on their smartphones. It is a reliable app that needs to be installed in both the kid’s and parent’s cell phone. You simply need to register an account within the app and you are good to go.
Features of FamiSafe:
- Real-time Location Tracking – The app allows you to track the location of your kid in real-time. It is one of the most popular and most used features of the app. To use this feature, you need to enable the setting in your kid’s phone. Each time you open the app, the live location gets updated.
- View Location History – The app keeps a record of all places your kid tends to visit. If there is any dangerous or unusual area the kid is visiting, you can immediately identify it.
- Geo-fencing – Make sure your kids are safe even if you are not there with them always. With geo-fencing, you can keep an eye on the kids if they are venturing into dangerous or unknown areas. You can create multiple geo-fences on the app and monitor them.
- App Blocker – The app blocker is one of the most powerful forms of parental control. With this feature, it is possible to block distractive apps from the phone during study time or bed-time.
- Content Filtering – There is a plethora of good and bad content available online. With content filtering feature, it is possible to block unwanted websites. This ensures you are able to keep your kid away from unwanted digital content.
By combining features like geo-fencing with app blocking, it is possible to create a smart control on your kids without intruding their privacy. The FamiSafe app offers a lot of features to make parenting easier.
The FamiSafe app is available for both iOS and Android devices. Download the app today on your own device as well as your kid’s device. Once you start using the app, you will understand the power it gives to you. From blocking cell phone games to content filtering and real time location tracking, the app has it all.
End-of-the-day, your priority is ensuring the safety of your kids and FamiSafe app is just the right way to do it. Connect your kid’s phone to your own phone in the easiest and secure manner with FamiSafe. Stay happy, stay relaxed and stay ensures that your kids are safe.
- Parental Controls
- 1.1 Baby Monitor
- 1.2 Monitor Child's iPhone
- 1.3 Check Private Browsing History on Android
- 1.4 Check Your Child's Online Web Browser History
- 1.5 Free Parental Control Apps for Android
- 1.6 Best Parental Control Apps
- 1.7 Set Parental Control on YouTube
- 1.8 Best iOS Parental Control Apps
- 1.9 iPhone Spyware Detection and Removal
- 1.10 Parental Control Apps for Cell Phone Monitoring
- 1.11 Parental Control Routers
- 1.12 Snapchat Parental Control
- Mobile Tracker
- 2.1 Android GPS Tracking Apps
- 2.2 Child GPS Tracking Devices
- 2.3 GPS Tracking Device for Kids
- 2.4 Find Someone's Location on Facebook
- 2.5 See someone’s Location on iPhone
- 2.6 How to Track a Phone Number
- 2.7 Cell Phone Tracker by Number
- 2.8 Best GPS Phone Tracker
- 2.9 Find Real Time Location of a Mobile Phone
- 2.10 Find Your Lost Android Phone
- 2.11 Share Location Between iPhone and Android
- 2.12 Track a Cell Phone Location for Free
- 2.13 Track A Person's Location
- 2.14 How to Track Your Kid's iPhone
- 2.15 If Your Phone is Being Monitored?
- 2.16 How Do I Stop Someone Tracking My iPhone?
- 2.17 Which Websites Are Visited?
- Block Apps & Sites
- 3.1 Best Ad Blocker Apps
- 3.2 Porn Blocker App to Block Porn
- 3.3 Block Porn on Android
- 3.4 Block a Phone Number on iPhone
- 3.5 Block Porn on iPhone
- 3.6 How to Block Porn Sites
- 3.7 Block Websites on Android Phone
- 3.8 Block Text Messages on Android and iPhone
- 3.9 Block Websites on Android Chrome
- 3.10 Porn Blocking Apps for Parents
- 3.11 Free website blocker apps and chrome extension