Best Alternative to Life360 Family Locator
life360 family locator
In today’s world, the parents keep searching for the app that would establish effective parental control on the kids. Life360 Family Locator app is one of the apps that have been in use for almost 7 years. But, as the technology has become advanced, some users considered other options for parental control. The main reason for that is that location tracking wasn’t enough to gain control over the kid’s activities. In that case, the FamiSafe parental control presents itself as the perfect solution.
Life360 Family Locator
Description: The Life360 Family Locator simplifies the ways to stay connected to the people who matter the most to an individual. With this app, the users can create their own groups or circles and chat with them for free. The users will be able to track their lost or stolen phone with an ease.
- Tracking of multiple Circle Members: If you are planning a family get together and have to keep the track of multiple texts to know about the whereabouts of the member, then use Life360. It will quickly pinpoint the location of the member in the circle and you will be able to get to them on time.
- Real-time Location: In case any of the family members can’t make it to someplace on time, and you are unable to contact them, then this app will tell you their real-time location so that you can reach them.
- GPS tracking: The GPS tracking can be helpful in many cases and will allow the users to stay connected to the other members all the time.
- Find friends and family: This app uses the coordinate system to track the location of the devices. In the Life360 Family Locator, every member will appear as a unique icon on the navigation map so that the users will have knowledge about the locations of friends and family all the times.
- Reliable cell phone tracker: This app helps the users to track the lost or stolen cell phone with its GPS coordinates.
- The app is supported by major platforms which are iOS and Android.
- Besides the location tracking, the app is unable to work on anything else.
- The app is considered very complex for the users who don’t have any experience with family locator apps.
- The app is not supported by Windows Phone or BlackBerry OS.
- The biggest setback for this app is that it does not give the accuracy which is expected from the app.
Cost: The Life360 Family Locator app can be downloaded for free on the phone, but there are some features that have to be purchased. The In-App Purchase ranges from $1.38 to $67.60.
What Life360 Family Locator can't do, but parents need the features?
The Life360 Family Locator has been just a tracking app which can only track the location of the kid's device. This feature was certainly not sufficient for the parents as there are many more activities that need control such as games, social media apps, etc. The features that were required by the parents included:
- Screen Time control that will allow the parents to put a limit on the usage of the kid's Smartphones or other devices remotely.
- Geofences that will determine the safe zone for the kids.
- Web filtering through which parents can control what their kid’s access through various websites.
- App blocking feature that will help the parents to block any app which seems inappropriate according to their age.
FamiSafe - The Best Alternative to Life360 Family Locator
The FamiSafe Parental App is the one which understands the needs of parents and makes their parenting job easier. Due to its incredible functionality, it is considered as the best alternative for the Life360 Family Locator app. Once you use the app, you won’t be able to deny the fact that it is actually the best parental control app.
The main Features of the FamiSafe Parental control app that makes it a better alternative as compared to the Life360 Family Locator app are:
- Real-Time Location tracking: The real-time location feature allows the parents to track the live location of the kids and guide them properly to stay in the area or region which is safe for them.
- Location History: The app provides the parents a complete routing history of the locations which their kid followed during their day. The location history will allow the parents to identify if their kid has been to some unusual place or not.
- Geofences: The Geofences feature allows the parents to establish a boundary for the kid. It basically sets a parameter that acts as a safe zone for the kid. As long as the kid is in the safe zone, the Geofences will stay inactive. When the kid got out of the safe zone, the parents will be notified of their whereabouts and can warn them if they are entering an unsafe region.
- Web content filtering: The app allows the parents to filter all the content the kids see on the internet. Whether they are searching specifically for some inappropriate content or mistakenly made an attempt to access it, the content will not be shown in the search results.
- App Blocking: The blocking feature will simply block all the apps that are harmful to the kids such as violent gaming apps, gambling apps, etc. The app blocking is helpful to prevent the kids from getting addicted to games, or any other apps.
- Screen time monitoring: The parents can monitor all the day to day activities of the kids with precision. The app will provide a report of the time, the kids spend on their phone using different social media apps or browsing different content.
- Screen time control: This feature is one of the most effective features which is required in a parental control app. The screen time control will allow the parents to put a stop to the kid’s usage of the phone during school time, bedtime, or at the dinner table. They won’t be able to access any app on their phone as long as the screen time control is active.
The Life360 Family Locator has been on the market as a parental control tool, but it is not that much reliable. The technology has advanced at a very fast pace but the Life360 Family Locator app has failed to stay in the completion as it hasn’t added any new feature to improve the parental control on the kid's phone. So, it is better to recommend the FamiSafe Parental Control App which offers almost every control parents need to keep their kids safe and secure. The parents can download the app from play store or App store directly and can start using it with a simple process.
- Family Locator
- Best Family Locator App
- Best Sprint Family Locator
- Best Verizon Family Locator
- Best Alternative to Life360 Family Locator
- Best ATT Family Locator
- Locate a Family Member
- Verizon Wireless Family Locator
- T-Mobile Family Locator
- Best Alternative to VZ Family Locator
- The Best Method to Share Location on iPhone
- Best Family Locator App for Android
- The Best Family Tracing App to Locate Family Members
- T-Mobile FamilyWhere Family Locator App
- AT&T FamilyMap App - Locate Kids & Find a Lost Phone
- 5 Free Family Locator Apps
- iPhone Family Locator App for Kids and Family
- Mobile Tracker
- 5 Ways to Track A Phone
- Top 10 Best Mobile Location Tracker
- Top 10 Car Tracker You Need to Know
- Top 10 Tracking Devices & Apps for Kids
- Top 10 Child Tracking Devices Parents Need to Know
- 3 Ways to Track Mobile Location
- Top 10 iPhone Tracker in 2018
- 5 Ways to Track A Cell Phone Location for Free
- Top 10 Mobile Tracker App & Services to Track A Phone
- Top 10 GPS Tracker for Kids
- Top 10 iPhone Monitoring Software Parents Need to Know
- 10 Best Free Android Monitoring Apps to Monitor Your Kids
- 10 Best Phone Monitoring Apps Parents Can't Miss
- Monitor Phone Activity on Andriod and iPhone
- Top 10 GPS Phone Trackers for Parents
- Top 10 Free Mobile Trackers You Can't-Miss!
- Top 10 Android Tracking App You Need to Know
- Parental Controls
- Set Parental Control on Youtube
- Set Parental Controls on Kindle Fire
- Facebook Parental Controls
- Set Parental Control on WhatsApp
- Best Free iPhone Parental Monitoring
- Best Parental Control App for iPhone & Android
- Best iPhone Monitoring for Parents
- Best Parental Monitoring Software for iPhone
- Best Parental Phone Monitoring App for Tracking Children
- Computer Monitoring Software for Parents
- Free Cell Phone Monitoring for Parents 2018
- Parental Controls Tips & Tricks
- 6 Child Behavior Problems That Are Parents’ Fault
- 10 Basic Tips on Protect Your Child
- 10 PARENTING MISTAKES WE SHOULD AVOID
- 5 Questions You Should Ask Children Every Day
- 11 Phrases Every Child Needs to Hear from Parents
- 10 Things You Should Never Say to Teens
- 10 Things Every Dad Should Teach His Son
- Best Solutions to Help You Deal with Out of Control Kids
- Control Anger with Kids
- Teaching Your Children Self-Control
- Keeping Your Child Safe on the Internet