How to Turn off Location on life360 Without Anyone Knowing?
7 Workable Ways to Turn off Location on Life360
- YouTube Parental Control
- How to see your YouTube history?
- What is Metaverse? Parent Guide
- Put parental controls on YouTube
- Delete TikTok Account without Phone Number
- Ways to block YouTube channels
- Ways to Get Somone's IP Address and Hide IP Address
- A complete guide on YouTube parental control
- What is Fanfiction? Parents Guide
- Kids safe YouTube alternative
- Top 5 TikTok Alternatives
- Methods to restrict YouTube adult content
- Social Media App Parental Controls
- Parental Control Tips
"My parents track my location with the Life360 app. I am 17 and don't feel comfortable with this. How to turn off life360 without parents knowing and prove to them that I don't need watched?" --From Quora
Kids are naive and innocent. They can be easily manipulated and taken advantage of. As parents, it is your responsibility to look after your kids and try your best to protect them from any kind of violence, harassment, abuse, and danger. Fortunately, there are many apps today which allow you to stay in touch with your loved one all the time. One of the apps that can help you do that is Life360. While it's good to stay connected, it can feel like an invasion of your privacy – especially for teenagers. Just like the question asked above, kids today look for different ways to cheat such apps and stay offline. Such tactics are very risky and could end up very dangerous.
This is why parents need to know how such apps work and what kids do to cheat them. Today, we will talk about what Life360 is and how to pause life360 location without anyone knowing.
In this Article
Do you want to know if your kids hide their Life360 location? Well, here are some common ways to turn off location on life360 without anyone knowing, or as some may put it "life360 ghost mode". (See this article if you simply want to exit a life360 circle.)
1. Location Spoofing (Android Only)
If your kids have an Android device, they can fake their location with the help of location spoofing apps. It just takes three steps.
- Download Fake GPS Location app or other location faking apps from Google Play
- Turn Developer Settings on the device
- Turn on the Select mock location app to tell the phone to use Fake GPS Location
Fake GPS Location app is not the only way to fake GPS on your phone, but it's easier for kids to use and trick parents. It won't work on IOS devices though, keep reading, there are more solutions
2. Turning off WiFi and Data
Turning off WiFi and Data for Life360 is another common way teens use to stop their parents from tracking their locations with life360. Here is how it works.
- Turn on battery saver mode to stop apps from background refreshing.
- Turn off Wifi and data. For the iPhone, teens can choose to turn off wifi and data for the Life360 app only.
- Get to Setting, find Life360, turn off Celluar Data, Background Refresh, and Motion & Fitness.
- The location on Life360 will pause on the place.
3. Disable Location Services for Life360
Turning off location services is a really good way of solving how to pause life360 without anyone knowing. It works on both Android and iOS:
1. On Android:
- Go to Settings > Apps > Life360.
- Tap on Permissions > Location.
- Select "Deny" or "Ask every time" to disable location access for Life360.
2. On iOS:
- Go to Settings > Privacy > Location Services.
- Scroll down and find Life360.
- Tap on it and select "Never" to disable location access for Life360.
4. Low Data Mode
Well, Turning off WiFi and Data for Life360 may trigger the notification and parents thus get to know teens are offline. There is a better way to disable life360 without parents knowing-- low data mode.
1. For Android:
- Open the "Settings" app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Scroll down and tap on "Cellular" or "Mobile Data."
- Tap on "Cellular Data Options" or "Mobile Data Options."
- Toggle on the "Low Data Mode" switch.
2. For Wi-Fi connections on iOS:
- Open the "Settings" app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap on "Wi-Fi."
- Tap the "i" icon next to the Wi-Fi network you're connected to.
- Toggle on the "Low Data Mode" switch.
3. For Android:
Android does not have a native Low Data Mode feature like iOS. However, you can enable Data Saver mode, which serves a similar purpose. Here's how to enable Data Saver mode on Android:
- Open the "Settings" app on your Android device.
- Tap on "Network & Internet" or "Connections."
- Tap on "Data usage" or "Data Saver."
- Toggle on the "Data Saver" switch.
5. Turn on Airplane Mode
Enabling Airplane Mode disables all network connections, including GPS. This method is useful if you want a quick and temporary way to stop sharing your location on Life360. However, it also disables calls, texts, and internet access, which may not be ideal for an extended period.
- Swipe down from the top of your screen to access the quick settings menu (Android) or swipe up from the bottom of your screen to access the Control Center (iOS).
- Enable Airplane Mode by tapping the airplane icon.
- This will disable all network connections, including GPS, and your location will not be updated on Life360.
6. Burner Phone
This sounds like a hassle, but it is a very simple way of how to turn off location on life360 without anyone knowing.
- Install Life360 on the burner phone with the same account.
- Connect the device to the Wifi of the place you should be.
- Delete Life360 from your phone. Your parents will be tracking the location of the burner phone instead of yours.
7. Use a VPN service
Using a VPN service changes your IP address, which may cause Life360 to display an incorrect location. This method can be useful if you want to mask your location without completely disabling location sharing on the app. However, it's not foolproof and may not work consistently.
- Install a VPN app on your device. Some popular options are ExpressVPN, NordVPN, and CyberGhost.
- Open the VPN app and sign up for an account if necessary.
- Connect to a VPN server in a different location.
- This will change your IP address and may cause Life360 to display an incorrect location.
Life360 is a group or family-centered location-based app that allows you to communicate, chat, and use driving safety tools. This app's main goal is to give you the peace of mind of knowing where your loved ones are by tracking their live location.
As stated earlier, while location tracking plays a great role in connecting with friends and family, it can also be intimidating to know someone is tracking your every move. Especially for teens who do not want their parents to track them, they will be looking for ways to turn off locations of Life360. They may want to turn off location for reasons like:
Feeling invasion of their own privacy and mistrust. For parents, it is necessary to get their teens' real-time location to make sure that they are safe. However, from the teens' point of view, tracking their location is invading their private zone.
They do not want their parents to monitor their location so that they can hang out with friends at ease. A teenager would not want their parents to show up suddenly at his/her friend's home and take them home.
Have a secret plan with friends. Should it be a birthday party for friends or a meeting with some close friends, teens do not wish their parents to know so that they won't spoil the secret.
Privacy concern is a big issue when it comes to tracking apps like Life360, and that is why some users want to know how to turn off location on life360 without anyone knowing. However, there are possible risks to turning off or faking your location, such as:
- Sneak Out
A lot of teenagers often sneak out at night to hang out with friends and attend parties. In such a case, if their location is turned off or hidden from their parents, it can be quite risky for them. They are missing valuable sleep time on a school night.
- Risk of Kidnapping
There are a lot of criminals and dangerous people in the world. Not knowing your kids' location could put them at a greater risk of being kidnapped or abducted and not knowing where they are.
- Lack of Supervision
When kids turn off their locations, parents cannot supervise where they are and what they are up to. This puts your kids at the risk of hiding inappropriate activities from you. This is why parents need to track and monitor their kids' every move.
What to do if you find out your teens have turned off location on life360?
- Be open and honest with your teens. Tell them what is in your thoughts so that they can understand the importance of sharing location.
- Show them the positive sides of using Life360, like getting to know if you are going to be late for school pick-up. You can get to them sooner if anything happens to them.
- Use an alternative parental control app to serve as a backup plan. Having a plan B is always better. Of all the parental control apps on the market, FamiSafe may be the one you are looking for.
FamiSafe is a parental control app that allows you to detect inappropriate content, control screen time, and locate your children's devices' real-time location. For parents who are looking for a comprehensive solution to take care of their kids, FamiSafe is a good choice.
Check the video below to know how to track kid's real-time location using FamiSafe
Let's take a look at the features of FamiSafe to better understand how it is going to help parents to control their kid's devices.
Location Tracking Feature:
- Live Location: This is a very useful feature of FamiSafe, which allows you to track your kid's devices' location.
- Geo-Fences: Parents can also set certain locations and geofences, which will notify them when their kids leave or enter that area. In Geofencing, FamiSafe uses Wi-Fi, RFID, GPS, or cellular data to sense a pre-programmed action when the smartphone enters or exits a specific virtual geographical location.
- Location History: FamiSafe can also collect and record the last active locations and creates a location history for parents to track their kids' activities.
Blocker & Phone Monitoring Feature:
- Web Filter: This enables you to block all websites that contain inappropriate content like violence, pornography, drugs, etc., by blocking certain websites.
- App Blocker: This feature of FamiSafe allows parents to block inappropriate apps and check all the apps that are in use.
- Smart Schedule: The smart schedule features make it easier for parents to set a recurring timetable for everyday activities. They can customize the location, date, and time to block the device.
- Web Filter & SafeSearch
- Screen Time Limit & Schedule
- Location Tracking & Driving Report
- App Blocker & App Activity Tracker
- YouTube History Monitor & Video Blocker
- Social Media Texts & Porn Images Alerts
- Works on Mac, Windows, Android, iOS, Kindle Fire, Chromebook
As you know already, FamiSafe comes with a wide range of features that all parents need for digital supervision and protection. It is one parental control app that all parents should have. When your teens are seeking every method to turn off location on life360, it is a good backup choice for you. Also, if you find FamiSafe not the ideal choice for you, click here to see more options.