How to Turn off Location on life360 Without Anyone Knowing?
How to turn off location on Life360
- YouTube Parental Controls
- Snapchat Parental Controls
Kids are naïve and innocent. They can be easily manipulated and taken advantage of. As parents, it is your responsibility to look after your kids and try your best to protect them from any kind of violence, harassment, abuse, and danger. Thanks to the advancement of technology, there are many apps today which allow you to stay in touch with your loved one all the time. One of the apps that can help you do that is Life360. While it’s good to stay connected, it can feel like an invasion of your privacy – especially for teenagers. Kids today look for different ways to cheat such apps and stay offline. Such tactics are very risky and could end up very dangerous.
This why parents need to know how such apps work and what kids do to cheat them. Today, we will talk about what Life360 is and how to turn off location on life360 without anyone knowing.
What is Life360
Life360 is a group or family-centered location-based app that allows you to communicate, chat, and use driving safety tools. The main goal of this app is to give you the peace of mind of knowing where your loved ones are by tracking their live location.
As stated earlier, while location tracking plays a great role in connecting with friends and family, it can also be intimidating to know someone is tracking your every move. Especially for teens that do not want their parents to track them and they will be looking for wasy to turn off locations of Life360. They may want to turn off location for reasons like:
- Feeling invasion of their own privacy, as they are being spied
- Do not want their parents to monitor their location so that they can hang out with friends at ease
- Have a secret plan with friends
Ways to Turn Off Location on Life360 without Parents Knowing
Do you want to how your kids hide their Life360 location? Well, here are some common ways to turn off location on life360 without anyone knowing.
- Location Spoofing
- Download Fake GPS Location app or other location faking apps from Google Play
- Turn Developer Settings on the device
- Turn on Select mock location app to tell the phone to use Fake GPS Location
- Turning off WiFi and Data
- Turn on battery saver mode to stop apps from background refreshing
- Turn off Wifi and data. For iPhone, teens can choose to turn off wifi and data for Life360 app only.
- Get to Setting, find Life360, turn off Celluar Data, Background Refresh and Motion & Fitness
- The location on Life360 will pause on the place.
- Burner Phone
- Install Life360 on the burner phone with the same account
- Connect the device to the Wifi of the place you should be
- Delete Life360 from your phone
If your kids have an Android device, they can fake their location with the help of location spoofing apps. It just take three steps.
Turning off WiFi and Data for Life360 is another commom ways teens use to stop their parents from tracking their locations with life360. Here is how it work.
This sounds like a hassle but it is a very simple way of how to turn off location on life360 without anyone knowing.
Possible Dangers of Turning off Location Sharing
Privacy concern is a big issue when it comes to tracking apps like Life360 and that is why some users want to know how to turn off location on life360 without anyone knowing. However, there are possible risks to turning off or faking your location such as:
• Sneak Out
A lot of teenagers often sneak out at night to hang out with friends and attend parties. In such a case if their location is turned off or hidden from parents, it can be quite risky for them. They are missing valuable sleep time on a school night.
• Risk of Kidnapping
There are a lot of criminals and dangerous people in the world. Not knowing your kids' location could put them at a greater risk of being kidnapped or abducted and not knowing where they are.
• Lack of Supervision
When kids turn off their locations, parents are not able to supervise where they are and what they are up to. This puts your kids at the risk of hiding inappropriate activities from you. This is why parents need to track and monitor their kids' every move.
What to do if you find out your teens have turn off location on life360
- Be open and honest with your teens, tell they what is on your thoughts so that they can understand the importance of sharing location
- Show them the positive sides of using Life360, like getting to know if you are going to be late for school pick-up, you can get to them sooner if anything happen to them
- Use alternative parental control app to serve as a backup plan. Having a plan B is always better. Of all the parental control app on the market, FamiSafe may be the one you are looking for.
Why is FamiSafe the better alternative?
FamiSafe is a parental control app that allows you to detect inappropriate content, control screen time and locate the real-time location on your children’s devices. It is available on both Android and iOS so you can download and install it on different devices. Here are three important ways in which FamiSafe can help protect your kids.
• Live Location
This is a very useful feature of FamiSafe which allows you to track the location of your kid’s devices.
Parents can also set certain locations and geofence which will notify them when their kids leave or enter that area. In Geofencing, FamiSafe uses Wi-Fi, RFID, GPS or cellular data to sense a pre-programmed action when the smartphone enters or exits a specific virtual geographical location.
• Location History
FamiSafe can also collect and record the last active locations and creates a location history for parents to track their kids’ activities.
• Web Filter
This enables you to block all websites that contain inappropriate content like violence, pornography, drugs, etc. by blocking certain websites.
• App Blocker
This feature of FamiSafe allows parents to block inappropriate apps and check all the apps that are in use.
• Smart Schedule
The smart schedule features make it easier for parents to set a recurring timetable for everyday activities. They can customize the location, date and time to block the device.
How to Set Up FamiSafe
FamiSafe is a safe, reliable and user-friendly parental control app that allows parents to monitor their kid’s screen time and activities. The advanced monitoring and tracking features of FamiSafe will shield your child from all digital hazards.
FamiSafe has a simple 3 Step System – You can start using FamiSafe in three simple steps i.e.: Registers, Install and Connect.
As you know already, FamiSafe comes with a wide range of features that all parents need for digital supervision and protection. It is one parental control app that all parents should have. When your teens are seeking every method to turn off location on life360, it is a good backup choice for you.