10 things parents should never do for their kids
Parental Controls Tips & Tricks
Being a parent can be so frustrating and tiring sometimes. Always being concerned for the kids and their wellbeing is a norm for parents. However, sometimes parents might be doing the best for their kids but that ‘best’ may be the worst for them. To endure a sensible relationship and mutual understanding with your ward parents might even go that extra mile but this may actually destroy the whole bond and shake the relationship to the core. Here are some of the most important things parents should never do in order to help their kids grow and develop themselves as a better human being, and of course a better child they want them to be.
1. Never do the talking on your kid’s behalf
Let your kids grow. Your child from a very young is excited to learn new things and take charge of themselves. Let them speak for themselves as they like. For instance, if a passerby approaches you and your kid, and asks for your kid’s name your intuitive would be to tell it yourself. WRONG! This way you are suppressing your child’s self-esteem. Instead, encourage them to take the charge and speak. Tell them to be confident even if they don’t do it great, at least they tried! So next time someone asks your kid’s name, let your kid do the talking. Your kid will feel a sense of accomplishment. They will feel proud of themselves for doing something. And most importantly, your kid will become self-confident. They will thank you for all this in future!
2. You can never be your kid’s best friend by ‘trying’ so hard
No matter what, every parent has been there. But admit this: one can never get something by trying so hard. Just keep things natural and acknowledge the fact that you can never be your kid’s best buddy. Friendship demands equal position from both sides. And you can never be equal to your kid. You have a responsibility to take care of your kid and tell them what is wrong and what is right. Parents have the authority over their kids. Many parents want their kids to treat them as their best friends and don’t keep any secrets. It is impossible for this strategy to strengthen the relationship ties between the sacred bond. Stop getting into equal terms with your child. Trying to impose a friendship tag can eventually weaken the relationship.
3. Never mix up your child’s needs with your child’s wants
You may think that children don’t know what’s important. But do not mix their wants with their needs. A child is a child, and so would they act like one, no? Instead, let them get what they want and convince them to do what they need afterward. A persistent ‘NO’ to your kid’s wants can lead to lower self-esteem, they might think of them being the victim and it can suppress your child’s personality.
4. Stop spoiling your kids with that ‘extra’ help
Kids are always eager to learn and grow. Some people really think their child wouldn’t be able to do anything without their help. The truth is, they do not let their kids do anything in the first place. Helping your kids a lot will make them lazy, stubborn, inactive and most importantly reliant on others. Let your kids do their dishes, or tie their shoelace next time. This will make them feel much better about themselves. They will see everything from a much better perspective. This will help them experiment and learn.
5. Your kids, just like you have their own taste in everything
Try to understand and respect your kid’s taste. Your kids are well, just like you, a human. They can have their own taste in music, or food or other things based on their own observations and how they explore everything. Stop imposing your taste on them. Instead, let them choose for themselves what they like better.
6. Do not keep a check on their money expenditure
Every child at some point in life gets their first pocket money. Or a grown-up gets their first pay. Just like every human being, they too have the right to spend their money. The worst you could do is to interrogate them about their money expenditure. Of course, you might want to make sure they are not spending their money on drugs, alcohol or anything that may be dangerous to them. Instead of being worried, teach them to spend wisely and where not to spend and leave the rest to them. Your kid will never disappoint you.
7. Let them choose their hobby without any force
Often it is noted that people try to force their kids to get into something they themselves failed to do when they were kids/grown-ups. Trying to impose a hobby that your child doesn’t like makes them less creative and some might even start misunderstanding you for this, especially the teenagers. Instead, observe what they are into or what they really like and then encourage them to pursue their interests.
8. Do not take credits for your child’s achievements
Children hate it when moms or dads take credit for their success. It is seen a lot of times parents telling others how ‘they’ have done this or done that. Instead, appreciate your kid’s success even if it’s just the first step they took or the first fish they drew. Celebrate your kid’s success!
9. Let them tell what they want as a present for themselves
Imagine wanting that remote control car as a present for so long only to get surprised with an “importance of vegetables in your life” book. Disappointment? Let your child choose what they want for a present. This will help sharpen their decision-making skills and one can never go wrong with this.
10. Do not intervene in their personal lives
Especially never invade your teenager’s personal space. A lot of teenagers have such a rollercoaster life with crushes, relationships and lots of drama. The last thing they would want in this rollercoaster would be their mom or dad interfering in it either by interrogating or asking questions. Trust them and give them the authority to make decisions. If they don’t share anything with you, it’s okay. They will share with you when they feel safe and trusted.
While these were the DONTs, there still is this one DO that is must for every parent. This is especially important for the safety of your kids and to help strengthen your bond with your child while they are on the verge to be themselves, explore, learn and grow.
FamiSafe, the best parental control app
FamiSafe is a fully legal and effective parental control product that helps to keep the family harmony by letting the parents monitor their kid’s phone. It lets them track their kid’s location and comes with amazing features to help ease every parent’s life. With FamiSafe, all the concerned moms and dads can ensure a safe and sound digital upbringing of their child. This amazing app is available free of cost to download in the Google Play Store and App Store.
Features of FamiSafe parental control
- Real-time location tracking:
FamiSafe allows you to track your kid’s location without any hassle.
Choose to geo-fence as many locations as you want and get notified every single time your kid breaks into the location
- Location history:
With FamiSafe, you can view your child’s location history with details such as date and time they visited the location
- App Blocker:
You can block any app or game you find inappropriate for your kid
- Activity Monitor:
FamiSafe lets you monitor your child’s activities on their phone
- Content Filter:
You can always choose to filter inappropriate content from your child’s phone using content filter
- Web Browser Monitoring:
You can choose to block any inappropriate website you do not want your child to see or stumble upon.
- Screen time tracking and control:
Putting screen time on your kid’s phone allows to restrict their phone usage and give priority to other important things
- Flexible remote control:
You need not worry about activating parental control every time. Just let the app know the time and place you want to activate the controls and it will do so automatically
Give FamiSafe a try today!
FamiSafe is every parent’s best bet to a better digital parenting. It provides a complete and transparent way of tracking your child and promotes harmony. Restore the sacred relationship with your child by introducing them with FamiSafe. Let them know that no matter what happens, while they embark on their journey to the real world and explore life, you are always there with them, virtually and spiritually. This app is free to download from the Google Play Store and App Store. Try FamiSafe for yourself today!
- Parental Controls
- How to Put a Parental Block on iPhone
- How to Put a Parental Block on Android
- How to Put a Parental Block on iPad
- How to Block Apps on iPhone
- How to Block Facebook Apps
- How to Block Apps on iPad
- How to Block Whatspp on Kid's Phone
- How to Block People on WhatsApp
- How to Block or Unblock WhatsApp Contacts on iPhone
- How to Know If Someone Blocked You on WhatsApp
- What Happens When You Block Someone on WhatsApp
- How to Block a Number on Whatsapp
- How to Block a Contact on WhatsApp
- Best Parental Control App to Lock Your Kid's Smartphone
- How to Lock Your Kids Phones or Tablets with FamiSafe Remotely
- Parental Controls Tips & Tricks
- 10 Parenting Tips to Calm Down Kids in a Minute
- 10 Parenting Tips to Deal With a Naughty Child
- 10 Types of Child Behavior That Are Dangerous to Ignore
- 10 Proven Ways to Stop Your Child from Lying
- 10 Important Things Your Child Should Learn by Age 10
- 10 Things Parents Should Never Do for Their Kids
- How To Answer the Most Difficult Children's Questions
- 18 Questions That Could Save Your Child’s Life
- If You Get This Message, Your Child Is in Danger
- 10 Things You Should Never Forbid Children from Doing
- 10 Things You Should Never Say to Children
- 10 Habits That Can Ruin Both Parent's and Kids' Lives
- 6 Child Behavior Problems That Are Parents’ Fault
- 10 Basic Tips on How to Protect Your Child
- 10 PARENTING MISTAKES WE SHOULD AVOID
- 5 Questions You Should Ask Children Every Day
- 11 Phrases Every Child Needs to Hear from Parents
- 10 Things You Should Never Say to Teens
- 10 Things Every Dad Should Teach His Son
- Best Solutions to Help You Deal with Out of Control Kids
- How to Control Anger with Kids
- Teaching Your Children Self-Control
- Keeping Your Child Safe on the Internet
- Keep Your Kids Safe Online with These Tips
- FamiSafe Shares 10 Ways to Keep Your Home Safe
- TeenSafe Drive - How to Set Speed Limit
- FamiSafe Alternative
- Kids Place Parental Control Review
- SecureTeen Parental Control Review
- Screen Time Parental Control Review
- Kids Zone Parental Control Review
- Launcher & Home screen for kids Review
- Kidslox Parental Control Review
- Qustodio Parental Control Review
- FamilyTime Parental Controls Review
- Heimdall Parental Control Review
- OurPact – Parental Control Review
- Parental Control Kroha. Doctor Komarovskiy Review
- SafeKiddo Parental Control Review
- Safe Family - Parental Control Review
- Norton Family Premier Review
- ESET Parental Control Review
- Net Nanny Review
- Lock2Learn Parental Control Review
- My Mobile Watchdog Parental Control Review
- MMGuardian Review