How to Set Parental Controls on my Netflix?
Keep Adult Content Away from Your Kids
Netflix is one of the biggest streaming services in the world with an unlimited source of content to explore. Mostly, family members use the same Netflix account with individual profiles. Though, sometimes kids can access Netflix adult content without letting their parents know. To control this, you can use Netflix parental controls and other security measures. We have discussed them in detail right here.
Setup parental control on Netflix
As you know, Netflix has a huge range of content of all kinds. Therefore, your kids can stumble upon adult content and porn movies on Netflix. If they access such content at an early age, then it might impact their psychology in more ways than you can imagine. Therefore, it is of utmost importance that you block Netflix adult content for their profile. To restrict these porn movies on Netflix, you can use the Netflix parental controls.
How to set parental controls on my Netflix account?
Netflix provides some basic features that can help parents block adult content and porn movies on Netflix. Ideally, there are two ways to block Netflix adult content. You can use Netflix parental controls to setup PIN for adult content or create different accounts for your child altogether. Though, the Netflix parental controls can only be accessed by the primary account holder (owner of the account).
Method 1: Create different profile for kids
The easiest way to block Netflix adult content is by making different profiles for your kids. In this way, they would only access age-appropriate content. To use Netflix parental controls, follow these steps:
- Log-in to your Netflix account and click on the “Manage Profiles” option from the home page.
- Select the profile of your kids and specify the type of content you want them to access. There are different levels of content that you can select.
- Save your changes and visit your kid’s profile. You can view that only age-appropriate content will be displayed there.
- Furthermore, you can go to their profile and view their activities as well to further keep an eye on them.
Method 2: Set PIN and other restrictions
Another way to block Netflix adult content is by setting up a PIN for any inappropriate content. This is a more advanced Netflix parental controls option as your kids can only access the content if they know the secret PIN.
- To start with, select your account and go to the account settings.
- Under the “Settings” tab, you can find a link for “Parental Controls”. Simply click on it to continue.
- Confirm the password of your account to proceed.
- From here, you can set a 4-digit PIN to protect any inappropriate content. Also, you can set up an age restriction for the protected content as well.
- Just save these settings and continue watching Netflix. To access any restricted content, you would have to specify the 4-digit PIN first.
Can I Set Netflix Parental Control Time Limits?
Sadly, there is no way to set time-based limitations on Netflix as of now. If your kids know the credentials of the Netflix account, then they can access the platform whenever they want. They can watch it on their computer, tab, and mobile by visiting its website or using its app.
Though, there are some third-party tools that can restrict the mobile usage of your kids. We will explore them in the coming section.
FamiSafe can set parental control time limits on smartphones
As you know, Netflix doesn’t allow us to set time-based restrictions. Therefore, you can use a third-party parental control and monitoring tool like FamiSafe to meet your requirements. It can help you regulate the way your kids use their smartphones. You can access all the vital details of the device remotely and even restrict its use as well. It is extremely easy to use FamiSafe and you don’t need any prior technical experience to make the most of it.
- It can track the real-time location of the device.
- You can also access the past location history and set geo-fences as well.
- It allows us to block any app or website remotely. Therefore, you can block/unblock Netflix from your kid’s device whenever you want.
- Also, you can set up time-based restrictions on the device as well.
- FamiSafe allows us to access the browser history and all the other details of the device.
- You can remotely control and monitor the device usage through any computer, tab, or mobile.
- No need to root the device to use FamiSafe
How to Set Netflix Parental Control Time Limits using FamiSafe?
With FamiSafe, you can easily set scheduled restrictions on the device and monitor its use as well. To do this, simply follow these steps:
- Firstly, go to the App Store or Google Play to download and install FamiSafe on both parent's and kid's cell phones.
- Register a FamiSafe account within the App. You may register on either your phone or your kid's phone. The same account is applicable to both devices.
- Make some settings on both Kid's and parent's phones.
- Connect and monitor kid's phone from parent's phone using Famisafe. FamiSafe is the most reliable reliable parental control app for location tracking, app blocking, web filtering, screen time control and more. You can start your control now!
- You can simply go to FamiSafe’s app to monitor or control the device. From the control panel, go to “App Block” to block/unblock any app remotely.
- To set time-based restrictions, go to the “Screen Times” option and set up the time duration for the device usage.
Who knew it would be so easy to use Netflix parental controls. Additionally, to restrict the device usage, you can use a dedicated parental control and monitoring tool like FamiSafe. It is a highly advanced tool that will let you keep a strict eye on your kids and their device usage. Go ahead and try this tutorial and feel free to share it with your friends as well to teach them how to block Netflix adult content from their kids.
- Parental Controls
- How to Put a Parental Block on iPhone
- How to Put a Parental Block on Android
- How to Put a Parental Block on iPad
- How to Block Apps on iPhone
- How to Block Facebook Apps
- How to Block Apps on iPad
- How to Block Whatspp on Kid's Phone
- How to Block People on WhatsApp
- How to Block or Unblock WhatsApp Contacts on iPhone
- How to Know If Someone Blocked You on WhatsApp
- What Happens When You Block Someone on WhatsApp
- How to Block a Number on Whatsapp
- How to Block a Contact on WhatsApp
- Best Parental Control App to Lock Your Kid's Smartphone
- How to Lock Your Kids Phones or Tablets with FamiSafe Remotely
- Parental Controls Tips & Tricks
- 10 Parenting Tips to Calm Down Kids in a Minute
- 10 Parenting Tips to Deal With a Naughty Child
- 10 Types of Child Behavior That Are Dangerous to Ignore
- 10 Proven Ways to Stop Your Child from Lying
- 10 Important Things Your Child Should Learn by Age 10
- 10 Things Parents Should Never Do for Their Kids
- How To Answer the Most Difficult Children's Questions
- 18 Questions That Could Save Your Child’s Life
- If You Get This Message, Your Child Is in Danger
- 10 Things You Should Never Forbid Children from Doing
- 10 Things You Should Never Say to Children
- 10 Habits That Can Ruin Both Parent's and Kids' Lives
- 6 Child Behavior Problems That Are Parents’ Fault
- 10 Basic Tips on How to Protect Your Child
- 10 PARENTING MISTAKES WE SHOULD AVOID
- 5 Questions You Should Ask Children Every Day
- 11 Phrases Every Child Needs to Hear from Parents
- 10 Things You Should Never Say to Teens
- 10 Things Every Dad Should Teach His Son
- Best Solutions to Help You Deal with Out of Control Kids
- How to Control Anger with Kids
- Teaching Your Children Self-Control
- Keeping Your Child Safe on the Internet
- Keep Your Kids Safe Online with These Tips
- FamiSafe Shares 10 Ways to Keep Your Home Safe
- TeenSafe Drive - How to Set Speed Limit
- FamiSafe Alternative
- Kids Place Parental Control Review
- SecureTeen Parental Control Review
- Screen Time Parental Control Review
- Kids Zone Parental Control Review
- Launcher & Home screen for kids Review
- Kidslox Parental Control Review
- Qustodio Parental Control Review
- FamilyTime Parental Controls Review
- Heimdall Parental Control Review
- OurPact – Parental Control Review
- Parental Control Kroha. Doctor Komarovskiy Review
- SafeKiddo Parental Control Review
- Safe Family - Parental Control Review
- Norton Family Premier Review
- ESET Parental Control Review
- Net Nanny Review
- Lock2Learn Parental Control Review
- My Mobile Watchdog Parental Control Review
- MMGuardian Review