Keep Adult Content Away from Your Kids
Jul 28, 2021 Filed to: Parental Control Tips Proven solutions
Netflix is one of the biggest streaming services in the world, with an unlimited source of content to explore. Mostly, family members use the same Netflix account with individual profiles. Though, sometimes kids can access Netflix adult content without letting their parents know. To control this, you can use Netflix parental controls and other security measures. We have discussed them in detail right here.
As you know, Netflix has a huge range of content of all kinds. Therefore, your kids can stumble upon adult content and porn movies on Netflix. If they access such content at an early age, it might impact their psychology in more ways than you can imagine. Therefore, it is of utmost importance that you block Netflix adult content for their profile. To restrict these porn movies on Netflix, you can use the Netflix parental controls.
Netflix provides some basic features that can help parents block adult content and porn movies on Netflix. Ideally, there are two ways to block Netflix's adult content. You can use Netflix parental controls to set up a PIN for adult content or create different accounts for your child altogether. The Netflix parental controls can only be accessed by the primary account holder (owner of the account).
The easiest way to block Netflix adult content is by making different profiles for your kids. In this way, they would only access age-appropriate content. To use Netflix parental controls, follow these steps:
1. Log in to your Netflix account and click on the “Manage Profiles” option from the home page.
2. Select your kids' profile and specify the type of content you want them to access. There are different levels of content that you can select.
3. Save your changes and visit your kid’s profile. You can view that only age-appropriate content will be displayed there.
4. Furthermore, you can go to their profile and view their activities to further keep an eye on them.
Another way to block Netflix adult content is by setting up a PIN for any inappropriate content. This is a more advanced Netflix parental controls option as your kids can only access the content if they know the secret PIN.
1.To start with, select your account and go to the account settings.
2. Under the “Settings” tab, you can find a link for “Parental Controls”. Click on it to continue.
3. Confirm the password of your account to proceed.
4. From here, you can set a 4-digit PIN to protect any inappropriate content. Also, you can set up an age restriction for the protected content as well.
5. save these settings and continue watching Netflix. To access any restricted content, you would have to specify the 4-digit PIN first.
Sadly, there is no way to set time-based limitations on Netflix as of now. If your kids know the credentials of the Netflix account, then they can access the platform whenever they want. They can watch it on their computer, tab, and mobile by visiting its website or using its app.
Though, some third-party tools can restrict the mobile usage of your kids. We will explore this in the coming section.
With FamiSafe, you can easily set scheduled restrictions on the device and monitor its use as well. To do this, follow these steps:
Register a FamiSafe account within the App. You may register on either your phone or your kid's phone. The same account applies to both devices.
Try for Free on Google Play and App Store!
1. Make some settings on both Kid's and parent's phones.
2. Connect and monitor the kid's phone from the parent's phone using Famisafe. FamiSafe is the most reliable parental control app for location tracking, app blocking, web filtering, screen time control, and more. You can start your control now!
3. You can go to FamiSafe’s app to monitor or control the device. From the control panel, go to “App Block” to block/unblock any app remotely.
4.To set time-based restrictions, go to the “Screen Times” option and set up the time duration for the device usage.
Who knew it would be so easy to use Netflix parental controls. Additionally, to restrict device usage, you can use a dedicated parental control and monitoring tool like FamiSafe. It is a highly advanced tool that will let you keep a strict eye on your kids and their device usage. Go ahead and try this tutorial and feel free to share it with your friends to teach them how to block Netflix adult content from their kids.
Manage Your Netflix Account
Gambling in video games
Verizon Parental Controls App
Teen Slang Words That Parents Should Learn
Fortnite Parental Controls
Parental Guide to Protect Your Child Against Online Pornography