How to Set Parental Control on YouTube
youtube parental controls
With the advent of the internet, it has become very easy to get information on anything that you may like. The Internet can also be very helpful for kids in their studies apart from being used as an entertainment medium. YouTube is among the most popular video streaming websites and kids nowadays spend more time on YouTube than TV. But YouTube is filled to brim with inappropriate content like nudity or violence that isn’t good for kids. So, you may want to use YouTube parental controls to block your children access to this inappropriate content. So, here in this article, we have discussed various ways to put parental controls on YouTube.
Content Restriction Tools Help Protect Your Kids on Google and YouTube
To address the worry of parents for Google and YouTube parental controls, Google has introduced Safety Center tools. These Google’s Safety Center tools help you to enable content filtering as well as content blocking features on Google searches and YouTube. You can even report questionable content on YouTube.
The Google safety center tools are given below -
- SafeSearch - This tool allows you to block all inappropriate content and websites from Google’s search results like pornography, violence and other inappropriate content.
- YouTube Content Filtering - Google’s search can block inappropriate content on Google search results. But this isn’t the only place where you can apply content filtering. Using the restricted mode on YouTube, you can enable some level of content filtering on YouTube.
- Reporting and Enforcement center - if you think someone has uploaded embarrassing videos of your kids on YouTube, you can reach out to Reporting and Enforcement center on YouTube to report and remove that content.
How to Set Parental Control on YouTube
You can put parental controls on YouTube on Android devices from the YouTube mobile app using the below steps -
Step 1: Launch the YouTube mobile app and sign in to your account if not already.
Step 2: Then, click on your account icon at the top right and tap on “Settings”.
Step 3: In Settings, tap on the “General” option and then turn on the “Restricted Mode” toggle on the next page.
You can also set YouTube parental controls in the YouTube app on your iPhone. Follow the below steps to enable YouTube parental controls on iPhone -
Step 1: Open the YouTube app in iOS.
Step 2: Tap on your account icon in the upper right corner.
Step 3: From the menu that appear, select “Settings.
Step 4: Now, tap on the “Restricted Mode Filtering” option.
Step 5: Finally, choose “Strict” from the options and then exit the settings.
As iPhone and iPad are both iOS devices, it is also possible to enable YouTube safety mode on iPad. Follow the below steps to put parental control on iPad through the Safari browser -
Step 1: Go to YouTube.com and tap on the three dots at the top corner.
Step 2: A popup will appear, select “Settings” from it.
Step 3: Now, you will be in settings. Tap on restricted mode to turn on the safety feature.
It is also possible to enable YouTube parental controls on iPad through the YouTube app. The process is similar to enabling YouTube safety mode on iPhone. This method can also be used on iPhone.
More tips about YouTube parental controls
YouTube is a great place for entertainment and almost everyone today uses YouTube once in their daily schedule. But it also has some questionable content that might be inappropriate for kids. So, as parents, you can put parental controls on YouTube so that your kids don’t come in contact with inappropriate content like nudity and violence. You can use the following tips for using YouTube safety mode for effective content filtering on YouTube -
Lock restricted mode - It is very easy to turn on restricted mode on a web browser. But that also means it is also easy to turn it off. So, you can lock the restricted mode on your web browser and prevent your children from turning it off. Just sign in to your YouTube account and then turn on restricted mode. Click on Lock Restricted mode on this browser and save the settings. Then Sign out from your account and the restricted mode will remain on that browser. Your kids won’t be able to change its settings once you have signed out.
Use content filtering app like KidSafe Tube - KidSafe Tube is an alternative to the YouTube parental control. This app filters content on YouTube so that no offensive or inappropriate content reaches your kids.
Install YouTube Kids - Instead of regular old YouTube, you can also install YouTube kids on your child’s device. YouTube kids is a child -friendly version of YouTube that doesn’t contain any of the illicit or inappropriate content that parents want their kids to stay away from.
FamiSafe - Best Parental Control and Monitoring Software
Do you want to monitor the activities of your kids on their smartphone? Then try FamiSafe. It is a parental control and monitor solution that allows parents keep track of the activities of their kids on their smartphone. Using FamiSafe, parents can track what their children view on the internet. If your kids use a browser instead of YouTube app to watch YouTube videos, then it is also possible to track their YouTube activity with FamiSafe. This tool is very easy to use and doesn’t require any technical knowledge. Moreover, it works in the background, preventing detection. It has lots of other monitoring features and some of them are given below -
- View browsing history - With FamiSafe, you can know which website your kids visited on their phone. FamiSafe will give you details of all websites visited with their complete URL. If your kids used a browser to watch a YouTube video, it will also be recorded in FamiSafe.
- Location tracking - If you always worry about the whereabouts of your children, then FamiSafe offers advanced location tracking features. You can track the real-time location as well as the previous locations visited by the target.
- Block apps and websites - You can also block certain apps and websites that you don’t want your children to use. You don’t need access to the target mobile for this task as you can control everything remotely.
- Schedule restrictions - Not only app blocking, you can set time limits for whole device usage. You can limit the time that your kid can use internet or apps and games.
- Geofencing support - It is also possible to geofence certain location on the map to get alerts when your child arrives at that location.
It can be a very daunting task to know what your children watch on the internet. Due to the availability of illicit and inappropriate content online, parents can’t help but worry about their kids. But don’t worry; FamiSafe will help you make this task easier. With its abundant of monitoring features, you can monitor all activities of your kids on their smart devices. You can track their GPS location, set geofences, view browsing history, block apps and websites and other parental control features. So, free download the FamiSafe app and start monitoring your kids today. Since FamiSafe works stealthily in the background, your kids won’t know anything about the monitoring.
- Parental Controls
- 1.1 Baby Monitor
- 1.2 Monitor Child's iPhone
- 1.3 Check Private Browsing History on Android
- 1.4 Check Your Child's Online Web Browser History
- 1.5 Free Parental Control Apps for Android
- 1.6 Best Parental Control Apps
- 1.7 Set Parental Control on YouTube
- 1.8 Best iOS Parental Control Apps
- 1.9 iPhone Spyware Detection and Removal
- 1.10 Parental Control Apps for Cell Phone Monitoring
- 1.11 Parental Control Routers
- 1.12 Snapchat Parental Control
- Mobile Tracker
- 2.1 Android GPS Tracking Apps
- 2.2 Child GPS Tracking Devices
- 2.3 GPS Tracking Device for Kids
- 2.4 Find Someone's Location on Facebook
- 2.5 See someone’s Location on iPhone
- 2.6 How to Track a Phone Number
- 2.7 Cell Phone Tracker by Number
- 2.8 Best GPS Phone Tracker
- 2.9 Find Real Time Location of a Mobile Phone
- 2.10 Find Your Lost Android Phone
- 2.11 Share Location Between iPhone and Android
- 2.12 Track a Cell Phone Location for Free
- 2.13 Track A Person's Location
- 2.14 How to Track Your Kid's iPhone
- 2.15 If Your Phone is Being Monitored?
- 2.16 How Do I Stop Someone Tracking My iPhone?
- 2.17 Which Websites Are Visited?
- Block Apps & Sites
- 3.1 Best Ad Blocker Apps
- 3.2 Porn Blocker App to Block Porn
- 3.3 Block Porn on Android
- 3.4 Block a Phone Number on iPhone
- 3.5 Block Porn on iPhone
- 3.6 How to Block Porn Sites
- 3.7 Block Websites on Android Phone
- 3.8 Block Text Messages on Android and iPhone
- 3.9 Block Websites on Android Chrome
- 3.10 Porn Blocking Apps for Parents
- 3.11 Free website blocker apps and chrome extension