How to Set Parental Controls on YouTube
Ways to put parental controls on YouTube
- YouTube Parental Controls
- Parental Controls Tips & Tricks
- 10 Parenting Tips to Calm Down Kids in a Minute
- 10 Parenting Tips to Deal With a Naughty Child
- 10 Types of Child Behavior That Are Dangerous to Ignore
- 10 Proven Ways to Stop Your Child from Lying
- 10 Important Things Your Child Should Learn by Age 10
- 10 Things Parents Should Never Do for Their Kids
- How To Answer the Most Difficult Children's Questions
With the advent of the internet, it has become very easy to get information on anything that you may like. The Internet can also be very helpful for kids in their studies apart from being used as an entertainment medium. YouTube is among the most popular video streaming websites and kids nowadays spend more time on YouTube than TV. But YouTube is filled to brim with inappropriate content like nudity or violence that isn’t good for kids. So, you may want to how to put parental controls on YouTube to restrict YouTube, blocking your children access to this inappropriate content. So, here in this article, we have discussed various ways to set parental controls on YouTube.
How to Put Parental Control on YouTube App and Browser?
To restrict what child watches on YouTube Browser, you can follow these steps -
Step 1: Go to YouTube website and click your account profile
Step 2: Tap Restricted Mode on the top meun.
Step 3: Turn on Restricted Mode.
To restrict YouTube on Android, you can use the below steps on Android devices from the YouTube mobile app -
Step 1: Sign in to your account on YouTube app.
Step 2: Click Settings.
Step 3: Tap on the General option and then turn on the “Restricted Mode” toggle on the next page.
Step 4:Turn on the Restricted Mode.
How to put YouTube parental controls on iPhone?
You can also restrict YouTube on iPhone by setting up YouTube parental controls in the YouTube app on your iPhone. Follow the below steps to enable YouTube parental controls on iPhone -
Step 1: Open the YouTube app in iOS.
Step 2: Tap on your account icon in the upper.
Step 3: Select Settings from the menu.
Step 4: Tap on the Restricted Mode Filtering or Restricted Mode.
How to put YouTube parental controls on iPad on Safari?
As iPhone and iPad are both iOS devices, it is also possible to enable YouTube restriction mode on iPad. Follow the below steps to put parental control on iPad through the Safari browser -
Step 1: Go to YouTube.com and tap More.
Step 2: Select Settings from a popup.
Step 3: Tap on Restricted Mode to turn on the safety mode.
It is also possible to enable YouTube parental controls on iPad through the YouTube app. The process is similar to enabling YouTube safety mode on iPhone. This method can also be used on iPhone.
Youtube is now becoming more and more popular while more disturbing videos are targeted at children on YouTube. Many of the dangerous videos becomes popular keywords for children recommendation. Sometimes, turning on restrict mode is not enough because kids can easily know how to turn off restriction mode and watch blocked videos without knowing.
But now FamiSafe has lauched new exciting features: Explicit Content Detection, YouTube app control on Android and YouTube Content Detection on iOS. Parents can set better youtube app parental controls by FamiSafe.
- Explicit Content Detection - With FamiSafe, you can get real-time notification whenever dangerous words are detected in your kids' SMS, WhatsApp, Facebook, Messenger, Messenger Lite, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Kik or Gmail. Parents can also Add the inappropriate words for getting automatic alerts to signs of cyberbullying, adult content, online predators, sexting, sextorsion, suicide or depression and more.
About YouTube parental control, FamiSafe can:
- Detect inappropriate video titles, video descriptions.
- Detect risky search history on Android by keywords.
- Track which channels kids subscribed to on YouTube.
- Send alerts about disturbing YouTube videos or kids' comments like adult or violent content.
Parents can add keywords they wanted into suspicious words base.
- YouTube app control - With FamiSafe, parents can view watch history and block certain videos and channels.
Other helpful features for parents:
- View browsing history - With FamiSafe, you can know which website your kids visited on their phone. FamiSafe will give you details of all websites visited with their complete URL. If your kids used a browser to watch a YouTube video, it will also be recorded in FamiSafe.
- Location tracking - If you always worry about the whereabouts of your children, then FamiSafe offers advanced location tracking features. You can track the real-time location as well as the previous locations visited by the target.
- Block apps and websites - You can also block certain apps and websites that you don’t want your children to use. You don’t need access to the target mobile for this task as you can control everything remotely.
- Schedule restrictions - Not only app blocking, you can set time limits for whole device usage. You can limit the time that your kid can use internet or apps and games.
- Geofencing support - It is also possible to geofence certain location on the map to get alerts when your child arrives at that location.
More tips about YouTube parental controls
YouTube is a great place for entertainment and almost everyone today uses YouTube once in their daily schedule. But it also has some questionable content that might be inappropriate for kids. So, as parents, you can put parental controls on YouTube so that your kids don’t come in contact with inappropriate content like nudity and violence. You can use the following tips for using YouTube safety mode for effective content filtering on YouTube -
Lock restricted mode - It is very easy to turn on restricted mode on a web browser. But that also means it is also easy to turn it off. So, you can lock the restricted mode on your web browser and prevent your children from turning it off. Just sign in to your YouTube account and then turn on restricted mode. Click on Lock Restricted mode on this browser and save the settings. Then Sign out from your account and the restricted mode will remain on that browser. Your kids won’t be able to change its settings once you have signed out.
Install YouTube Kids - Instead of regular old YouTube, you can also install YouTube kids on your child’s device. YouTube kids is a child -friendly version of YouTube that doesn’t contain any of the illicit or inappropriate content that parents want their kids to stay away from.
Content Restriction Tools
To address the worry of parents for Google and YouTube parental controls, Google has introduced Safety Center tools. These Google’s Safety Center tools help you to enable content filtering as well as content blocking features on Google searches and YouTube. You can even report questionable content on YouTube.
The Google safety center tools are given below -
- SafeSearch - This tool allows you to block all inappropriate content and websites from Google’s search results like pornography, violence and other inappropriate content.
- YouTube Content Filtering - Google’s search can block inappropriate content on Google search results. But this isn’t the only place where you can apply content filtering. Using the restricted mode on YouTube, you can enable some level of content filtering on YouTube.
- Reporting and Enforcement center - If you think someone has uploaded embarrassing videos of your kids on YouTube, you can reach out to Reporting and Enforcement center on YouTube to report and remove that content.
Conclusion about YouTube parental controls
It can be a very daunting task to know what your children watch on the internet. And you also can't notice whether you kids remove restricted mode on youtube to watch blocked videos. Due to the availability of illicit and inappropriate content online, parents can’t help but worry about their kids. But don’t worry; FamiSafe will help you make YouTube parental control easier. With its abundant of monitoring features, you can monitor all activities of your kids on their smart devices. You can track their GPS location, set geofences, view browsing history, block YouTube apps and websites, detect disturbing YouTube videos, monitor watch history and block certain videos and channels. So, free download the FamiSafe app with 3 days free trial and start monitoring your kids today.