A Complete Guide on YouTube Parental Control
Block Adult Content on YouTube
Owned by Google, YouTube is the biggest video sharing social platform in the world. It might surprise you, but in every minute, around 300 hours of content is uploaded on YouTube. On a daily basis, more than 5 billion YouTube videos are watched. With such an overwhelming amount of data, it can be tough to block adult content on YouTube. The good news is that there are some dedicated tools that can help you control the way your kids access YouTube. In this guide, we will teach you how to set parental controls on YouTube in a hassle-free manner.
FamiSafe - The Best YouTube Parental Control
One of the best ways to block adult content on YouTube is by using FamiSafe. Developed by Wondershare, it provides an extremely reliable solution to control and monitor your kid’s smartphone remotely. The tool is compatible with every leading Android and iOS device and is extremely easy to use. You can easily use it as a YouTube parental control as well. Not just to restrict the app usage, it can also help you control how much time your kids would spend on the app.
- Restrict the time your kids spend on YouTube
If your kids are getting addicted to YouTube, then you can set a maximum screen limit to the app. Once the daily limit is crossed, your kids won’t be able to access the app anymore.
- Block YouTube during school or homework
Besides setting time restrictions, you can block the app entirely as well. Set a specific duration for the app to be used so that your kids won’t watch videos on YouTube during school, bedtime, or while doing their homework. This can also be an ideal solution to block adult content on YouTube.
How to set parental controls on YouTube with FamiSafe
Using FamiSafe is extremely simple. Once you have installed the app, you can easily learn how to set parental controls on YouTube as well. All you need to do is follow these simple steps.
- Firstly, you need to download the app on your device and your kid’s smartphone. You can visit its App Store or Play Store page to download the app.
- Launch the app and create your account. Log-in to the app using your account credentials on both the devices.
- Select which device would be used by you and which one would be used by your kids.
- In order to proceed, you need to mention the platform of the target device.
- Follow the same drill on your kid’s smartphone and make sure both the devices are connected successfully.
- After when both the devices are connected, you can simply launch FamiSafe on your phone and access its features.
- To learn how to set parental controls on YouTube, visit the “App Block” option. From here, you can just block or unblock YouTube with a single tap. Turn the block feature on to immediately block/unblock YouTube on the phone.
- Besides that, you can set certain time duration for the app to be active. Provide the starting and ending time for the app and repeat it for the desired days of the week.
- In the same manner, you can specify a screen limit for the app as well. That is, the maximum duration for your kids to use the app. The feature will be available under “Screen Time”.
- Once your kids would cross the provided time limit, they will be blocked to use the app. In order to access the app again, they would have to request your permission first.
How to block adult content on YouTube?
After learning how to set parental controls on YouTube, you can take a step up and block adult content on YouTube as well. With FamiSafe, you can block YouTube on your kid’s smartphone or set a specific time for them to access the app. Though, if you wish to restrict the kind of content they can get exposed to on YouTube, then you need to follow these steps:
- Firstly, you need to launch the YouTube app on the smartphone and go to your Account > Settings.
- Visit the “Restricted Mode Filtering” option to block adult content on YouTube.
- Make sure the restriction filter option is set to “Strict”. This will automatically filter adult and indecent content on the app.
If you want, you can manually sign-in to the app and follow the same drill to turn on the restriction mode. Once the restriction mode is on, YouTube will only display kid-friendly and safe content.
Do more with FamiSafe Parental Control
Besides learning how to set parental controls on YouTube, FamiSafe can help you in numerous other ways as well. Here are some of its other features.
- One of the best things about FamiSafe is that it can monitor the live location of your kids. In this way, you can make sure if your kids are attending their classes or are safe or not remotely.
- You can also track their past location records and the routes they have taken.
- By settings geo-fences, you can get notifications on your phone whenever your kids would leave or enter the restricted area.
- The app can also restrict the device usage in a certain area.
- You can block the entire device anytime you want from your phone.
- Set strict time limits for the device usage and intelligent schedules so that your kids won’t use their smartphones in schools, during homework, bedtime, etc.
- Monitor the way they use the smartphone by checking their browsing history, device usage, and more.
- Block certain websites or apps with its advanced content filtering tool.
- Compatible with all the leading Android an iOS devices (no need to root or jailbreak the devices)
- Comes with a free trial
With so many advanced features, FamiSafe is certainly a must-have tool for every parent out there. Go ahead and download it on your and your kid’s phone by visiting its App Store (or Play Store) page. Furthermore, if you wish to teach someone how to set parental controls on YouTube and block adult content on YouTube, then simply share this guide with them.
- Parental Controls
- How to Put a Parental Block on iPhone
- How to Put a Parental Block on Android
- How to Put a Parental Block on iPad
- How to Block Apps on iPhone
- How to Block Facebook Apps
- How to Block Apps on iPad
- How to Block Whatspp on Kid's Phone
- How to Block People on WhatsApp
- How to Block or Unblock WhatsApp Contacts on iPhone
- How to Know If Someone Blocked You on WhatsApp
- What Happens When You Block Someone on WhatsApp
- How to Block a Number on Whatsapp
- How to Block a Contact on WhatsApp
- Best Parental Control App to Lock Your Kid's Smartphone
- How to Lock Your Kids Phones or Tablets with FamiSafe Remotely
- Parental Controls Tips & Tricks
- 10 Parenting Tips to Calm Down Kids in a Minute
- 10 Parenting Tips to Deal With a Naughty Child
- 10 Types of Child Behavior That Are Dangerous to Ignore
- 10 Proven Ways to Stop Your Child from Lying
- 10 Important Things Your Child Should Learn by Age 10
- 10 Things Parents Should Never Do for Their Kids
- How To Answer the Most Difficult Children's Questions
- 18 Questions That Could Save Your Child’s Life
- If You Get This Message, Your Child Is in Danger
- 10 Things You Should Never Forbid Children from Doing
- 10 Things You Should Never Say to Children
- 10 Habits That Can Ruin Both Parent's and Kids' Lives
- 6 Child Behavior Problems That Are Parents’ Fault
- 10 Basic Tips on How to Protect Your Child
- 10 PARENTING MISTAKES WE SHOULD AVOID
- 5 Questions You Should Ask Children Every Day
- 11 Phrases Every Child Needs to Hear from Parents
- 10 Things You Should Never Say to Teens
- 10 Things Every Dad Should Teach His Son
- Best Solutions to Help You Deal with Out of Control Kids
- How to Control Anger with Kids
- Teaching Your Children Self-Control
- Keeping Your Child Safe on the Internet
- Keep Your Kids Safe Online with These Tips
- FamiSafe Shares 10 Ways to Keep Your Home Safe
- TeenSafe Drive - How to Set Speed Limit
- FamiSafe Alternative
- Kids Place Parental Control Review
- SecureTeen Parental Control Review
- Screen Time Parental Control Review
- Kids Zone Parental Control Review
- Launcher & Home screen for kids Review
- Kidslox Parental Control Review
- Qustodio Parental Control Review
- FamilyTime Parental Controls Review
- Heimdall Parental Control Review
- OurPact – Parental Control Review
- Parental Control Kroha. Doctor Komarovskiy Review
- SafeKiddo Parental Control Review
- Safe Family - Parental Control Review
- Norton Family Premier Review
- ESET Parental Control Review
- Net Nanny Review
- Lock2Learn Parental Control Review
- My Mobile Watchdog Parental Control Review
- MMGuardian Review