How to Block Adult Content on YouTube
How to Block Adult Content on YouTube
YouTube is the biggest video sharing and hosting platform in the world. With such an extensive source of content, your kids can easily have an access to inappropriate videos as well. Thankfully, YouTube has a specific version for kids that can help us protect our little ones from any inappropriate content. Nevertheless, you can also manually block adult content on YouTube too. Read on and learn how to block adult content on YouTube so that your kids won’t be able to access any inappropriate videos.
How to Block Adult Content on YouTube?
While YouTube has such an extensive range of content, it also provides numerous features to restrict it. To start with, you can take the assistance of YouTube Kids. There is an iOS as well as an Android app of YouTube Kids that you can download on your child’s smartphone.
It is a dedicated service provided by YouTube that is targeted for kids and has family-friendly content. In this way, you can save your time and efforts while restricting tons of content on YouTube and let your little one use YouTube Kids as much as they want. While YouTube Kids is a family-friendly app, sometimes parents wish to customize it as well. Here’s how you can make the most of YouTube Kids.
Getting started with YouTube Kids
In order to learn how to block adult content on YouTube, you need to first create your kid’s account. To get started with YouTube Kids, simply follow these steps:
1. Firstly, download the YouTube Kids app on your little one’s smartphone. Launch the app and initiate the setup.
2. You would need to provide your email id as well. A confirmation mail will be sent to your email address. From there, you need to verify an activation code.
3. Great! Once you have verified your account, you can create your kid’s profile by providing their name, age, and other details.
4. Furthermore, you can set a content level from here as well to block adult content automatically on the app.
5. In the end, you need to set up a passcode that will protect your kid’s from accessing their account settings and modify the restrictions on the app.
6. Also, in the account settings, you can further change the password as well. Just tap on “Set Custom Passcode” to make appropriate changes and keep your kid’s account safe.
That’s it! By following these simple steps you can get it started with YouTube Kids.
Blocking content on the app
While YouTube Kids will automatically filter content for your little one, you can also block adult content on the app manually as well. To learn how to block adult content on YouTube Kids, follow these steps.
1. Launch the YouTube Kids app and browse the app to select the video you wish to block.
2. Now, tap on the three dots (More options) icon located right adjacent to the thumbnail of the video.
3. From here, you will get an option to block the video. Just tap on it and the video will be blocked from your kid’s profile.
4. In the same way, you can block an entire channel as well. To further block a user, go to the profile of the user, tap the more options and select “Block User”.
5. If you ever wish to unblock this content, then you can go to YouTube Kids settings and tap on “Unblock Videos”. This will unblock all the restricted videos at once.
Set a timer for the app
Apart from using YouTube Kids to block adult content, you can also set time-based restriction on the app as well. This will make sure that your kids won’t get addicted to YouTube or use it too much.
1. Just tap on the lock icon on the interface to view numerous options.
2. Tap on the timer icon, which is located above its settings.
3. Here, you can provide a maximum time limit for the app usage.
4. As soon as your kids would cross this limitation, the app would be locked.
Though, if your kids want, they can ask for permissions from their parents to access the app as well.
There are times when your kids can start using the main YouTube as well. In this case, you can take the assistance of its Restricted Mode. Just launch the app and go to its Settings. From here, you can turn on the “Restricted Mode” and set up a filter level for your kids.
FamiSafe - The Best Family Parental Control for Android and iPhone
As you can see, learning how to block adult content on YouTube can be a bit tedious. In addition to that, if you block YouTube, your kids might access inappropriate content through some other app. To fix this, we recommend using a reliable parental control app like FamiSafe. Developed by Wondershare, FamiSafe provides tons of advanced features so that you can control and restrict the way your kid’s use their smartphones. Here are some of its features.
- You can block any app on the device remotely. There is also a feature to set screen limit on the device and the app.
- FamiSafe can also help you set strict schedules and restrictions on the device with its Intelligent Schedule feature.
- You can also block their device with respect to a certain location as well.
- Parents can also track how their kids use their smartphones.
- With its content filtering feature, you can block any website on their device.
- Track the real-time location of your kids remotely from your phone.
- Get to know the routes they have taken and the places they have visited in the past.
- Set geo-fences and get instant alerts on your phone whenever they enter or leave the area.
- Compatible with every leading Android and iOS device (no need to root/jailbreak)
With so many features, FamiSafe is certainly a must-have app for every parent out there. Even though you know how to block adult content on YouTube now, there are so many other things you can do with FamiSafe. It can help you restrict the way your kids use their smartphone. Since it is a user-friendly app, you won’t face any trouble making the most of it in no time.
- Web Content Blocking
- Block Porn Websites
- Best Porn Blocking Apps 2018
- Block Porn on iPhone
- Block Porn Sites
- Porn Blocking Software for Parents
- Block Porn on Android
- Block Porn on Kid's Cell Phone
- Block Porn on Your Kid's Phone
- New Porn Blocking App for Parents 2018
- Block All Porn Sites on Your Phone
- Porn Sites not Blocked by Opendns - Parents Should Know
- Block Porn on Computer
- Block an App from Accessing the Internet
- Block Adult Content on Android
- Block Adult Content on Youtube
- 3 Methods to Block Adult Websites
- Block Adult Sites on Kid's Cell Phone Phone
- Block Websites on Chrome
- Best Parental Control to Block Social Media and Distracting Websites
- Keep Your Family Safe Online
- Block Certain Websites on iPhone
- Block Websites on Mac
- Block a Website on Safari
- Block All Game Sites on Your Kid's Cell Phone
- Block Websites on Firefox
- Block Certain Websites on Kid's Cell Phone
- How Do You Block a Website on Kid's iPhone
- Block a Website on Internet Explorer
- FamiSafe WebFilter - Block All Porn/Sex Sites
- The Best Website Blocker and Internet Restriction Apps
- How Can Parents Block Specific Websites from Children
- Best Internet Filters and Website Blocking Software 2018
- Permanently Block A Website
- Best Website Blockers For Studying
- Block Websites on Windows 7
- Block Websites on Computer
- Block Inappropriate Websites on My Kid's Phone
- Block Websites on iPad
- Temporarily Block Distracting Websites
- Block Websites for a Period of Time
- Block Someone on Whatsapp
- Child Monitoring