How to Block Adult Content on YouTube
Restrict Adult Content on YouTube
- YouTube Parental Controls
- Parental Controls Tips & Tricks
- 10 Parenting Tips to Calm Down Kids in a Minute
- 10 Parenting Tips to Deal With a Naughty Child
- 10 Types of Child Behavior That Are Dangerous to Ignore
- 10 Proven Ways to Stop Your Child from Lying
- 10 Important Things Your Child Should Learn by Age 10
- 10 Things Parents Should Never Do for Their Kids
- How To Answer the Most Difficult Children's Questions
YouTube is the biggest video sharing and hosting platform in the world. With such an extensive source of content, your kids can easily have an access to inappropriate videos as well. Thankfully, YouTube has a specific version for kids that can help us protect our little ones from any inappropriate content. Nevertheless, you can also manually block adult content on YouTube too. Read on and learn how to block disturbing content on YouTube or YouTube Kids so that your kids won't be able to access any inappropriate videos.
How to Block Adult Content on YouTube Using Restriction Mode?
There are times when your kids can start using the main YouTube. In this case, you can take the assistance of its Restricted Mode. Just launch the app and go to its Settings. From here, you can turn on the "Restricted Mode" and set up a filter level for your kids.
1. Open YouTube app or website and sign in to your account.
2. Select Settings and tap General.
3. Turn Restricted mode on.
How to Block Adult Content on YouTube Kid?
While YouTube has such an extensive range of content, it also provides numerous features to restrict it. To start with, you can take the assistance of YouTube Kids. There is an iOS as well as an Android app of YouTube Kids that you can download on your child's smartphone.
It is a dedicated service provided by YouTube that is targeted for kids and has family-friendly content. In this way, you can save your time and efforts while restricting tons of content on YouTube and let your little one use YouTube Kids as much as they want. While YouTube Kids is a family-friendly app, sometimes parents wish to customize it as well. Here's how you can make the most of YouTube Kids.
Getting started with YouTube Kids to block disturbing YouTube videos
In order to learn how to block adult content on YouTube, you need to first create your kid's account. To get started with YouTube Kids, simply follow these steps:
Firstly, download the YouTube Kids app on your little one's smartphone. Launch the app and initiate the setup.
2. You would need to provide your email id as well. A confirmation mail will be sent to your email address. From there, you need to verify an activation code.
3. Great! Once you have verified your account, you can create your kid's profile by providing their name, age, and other details.
4. Furthermore, you can set a content level from here as well to block adult content automatically on the app.
Blocking videos or channel on YouTube Kids
While YouTube Kids will automatically filter content for your little one, you can also block adult content on the app manually as well. To learn how to block adult content on YouTube Kids, follow these steps.
1. Launch the YouTube Kids app and browse the app to select the video you wish to block.
2. Now, tap on the three dots (More options) icon located right adjacent to the thumbnail of the video.
4. In the same way, you can block an entire channel as well. To further block a channel, go to the profile of the channel, tap the more options and select "Block this Channel".
5. If you ever wish to unblock this content, then you can go to YouTube Kids settings and tap on "Unblock Videos". This will unblock all the restricted videos at once.
How to Remotely Block YouTube Adult Videos and Channels?
As you can see, learning how to block adult content on YouTube can be a bit tedious. In addition to that, if you block YouTube, your kids might access inappropriate content through some other app. To fix this, we recommend using a reliable parental control app like FamiSafe. Developed by Wondershare, FamiSafe provides tons of advanced features so that you can control and restrict the way your kid's use their smartphones. Here are some of its features.
- You can block any app on the device remotely. There is also a feature to set screen limit on the device and the app.
- FamiSafe can also help you set strict schedules and restrictions on the device with its Intelligent Schedule feature.
- You can also block YouTube videos and channels from kids watch history on YouTube android app.
- Detect disturbing YouTube videos with keywords alert
- With its content filtering feature, you can block any website on their device including YouTube browser.
- Track the real-time location of your kids remotely from your phone.
With so many features, FamiSafe is certainly a must-have app for every parent to lock adult content on YouTube. Even though you know how to put partental control on YouTube now, there are so many other things you can do with FamiSafe. It can help you restrict the way your kids use their smartphone. Since it is a user-friendly app, you won't face any trouble making the most of it in no time.