How to Know If Someone Blocked You on WhatsApp
how to know if someone blocked you on wh
There are numerous reasons for someone to block you on WhatsApp. A tiff, a small fight with close friend, girlfriend or sometimes even work colleagues. Well, here is one real-life example : “It happened a year ago and I was new to WhatsApp at that time. I and my friend had a clash as we had tight schedules at work and were not able to communicate with each other properly. One day, I was not able to see his status, profile picture, and other contact details. I was confused and wondered how it happened suddenly, then I realised that I was blocked by my friend”. I am sure that at least a few of WhatsApp users would have faced the same situation in their life at least once.
Today’s article will help you to understand how to know if someone blocked you on WhatsApp and how you can block someone on WhatsApp. Additionally, you will also learn the process to unblock the blocked contact in simple steps.
How to block someone on WhatsApp?
If you are wondering if there is a way to block some known or unknown contact on WhatsApp that is bothering you, then there is a good news for you, just keep reading.
To block a contact
Need to block someone on WhatsApp? Getting irritated by their silly talks, chats or video calls? Don’t worry, follow the below steps and block the particular number.
Step 1: Open WhatsApp application on your Smartphone.
Step 2: To continue, tap on “Settings” icon.
Step 3: Go to “Accounts” section and tap “Privacy”.
Step 4: Tap “Blocked” section and tap “Add New”.
Step 5: Now, select the contact that you wish to block from the contact list. It will be added to the blocked list.
The above step if followed the right way will help you in blocking the known contact in WhatsApp.
To block an unknown number
Getting troubled by an unknown number in WhatsApp? Is a lot of unwanted chat and video call disquieting you? You can now block them in WhatsApp, to do so, follow the below steps.
Step 1: At first, go to the profile or account of the unknown number in your WhatsApp.
Step 2: In the bottom of the account, you will be able to see the “Block” option as well as “Report Spam” option. As it is an unknown number, you can tap “Report Spam” option that will be reported spam and you will not receive further messages. If not, you can tap the “Block” option, that will block the unknown number permanently and you will not receive any messages or calls unless you unblock them again.
Apart from the above technique, there is one a simpler method to block an unknown number.
Note: In WhatsApp, when you get a message from a number that is not added in your contact list, then on the chat window, you will be able to see two options like “Add and “Block”. From here you can block it directly without going to the contact’s profile.
How to unblock someone on WhatsApp?
In the previous sessions, we have seen how to block a person. If you have blocked your friend and want to unblock them again, it is also very simple.
Step 1: Go to WhatsApp Settings> Account>click on Privacy>click on Blocked Contacts.
Here you will see the count of contacts that are blocked by you.
Step 2: Tap on blocked contacts and then on the contact and a pop up will appear that will ask to allow you to unblock the contact. Click on Unblock this Contact to confirm.
This way you can easily unblock a contact on WhatsApp.
How to know if someone blocked you on WhatsApp?
Well, this is the most important section of the article. WhatsApp, as you all know, has become tremendously famous within the smartphone users community, be it any country in the world. You can chat, video call, share files, create groups and what not for free with anyone sitting in any country with a good Internet connection.
So, let us back to the main questions and learn the trick to find out if someone else has blocked you on their WhatsApp.
Well, there are certain tips and indications that will help you to know if someone has blocked you on WhatsApp.
- When you send messages to the particular contact, the message will not reach the recipient. You will get a single tick and it will not become double a checkmark or will not turn blue if you are blocked.
- You will not be able to see the status updates and profile picture.
- If you try to make any audio calls, video calls or even try to add them to a new group, you will not succeed in it.
- Their online presence or last seen time will not be available for you to see.
- Last but not the least; you will not be able to see that particular contact in the contacts list in WhatsApp.
Steps to know if you are blocked by someone in WhatsApp
Step 1: First of all, the basic step is to open the WhatsApp application.
Step 2: Then, in the bottom of the screen, you will be able to see the “Contacts” list. Simply, tap on it.
Step 3: Now, search for the contact name you think has blocked you. If you can view it, the person has not blocked you. If not, tap the contact and send a message to them.
Step 4: If you can see the last seen time, online appearance or if the message is delivered with double blue checkmarks, your assumption of being blocked is wrong.
Step 5: This last step, will surely tell you whether you are actually blocked by that person. Go to the contact information page of the particular contact and look onto the media, links, and starred messages. If you are not able to see them, you can be sure that you are blocked by that contact.
If you follow the above steps, you can ensure 100% whether you are blocked by the particular person or not. I have a doubt. If I am blocked by a person, what should I do to get unblocked by them? The sad reality is that once you are blocked by a member, you cannot do anything to unblock yourself and it is up to that person to unblock you from their WhatsApp account.
Technology is a boon to mankind and platforms like Facebook, Instagram and WhatsApp helps us to stay connected with our friends and colleagues by means of chats, video calls and many more. Technology can be both used in a good and bad way and it is our responsibility to use it to maintain an excellent relationship with everyone around us. Lastly, I hope that through the article you learned a complete guide on how to deal with blocked WhatsApp contacts or how to block or unblock them. Make sure you follow the steps correctly to get the expected results and know if someone blocked you on WhatsApp.
In short, “Stay Connected, love everyone and explore the world”.
- Parental Controls
- How to Put a Parental Block on iPhone
- How to Put a Parental Block on Android
- How to Put a Parental Block on iPad
- How to Block Apps on iPhone
- How to Block Facebook Apps
- How to Block Apps on iPad
- How to Block Whatspp on Kid's Phone
- How to Block People on WhatsApp
- How to Block or Unblock WhatsApp Contacts on iPhone
- How to Know If Someone Blocked You on WhatsApp
- What Happens When You Block Someone on WhatsApp
- How to Block a Number on Whatsapp
- How to Block a Contact on WhatsApp
- Best Parental Control App to Lock Your Kid's Smartphone
- How to Lock Your Kids Phones or Tablets with FamiSafe Remotely
- Parental Controls Tips & Tricks
- 10 Parenting Tips to Calm Down Kids in a Minute
- 10 Parenting Tips to Deal With a Naughty Child
- 10 Types of Child Behavior That Are Dangerous to Ignore
- 10 Proven Ways to Stop Your Child from Lying
- 10 Important Things Your Child Should Learn by Age 10
- 10 Things Parents Should Never Do for Their Kids
- How To Answer the Most Difficult Children's Questions
- 18 Questions That Could Save Your Child’s Life
- If You Get This Message, Your Child Is in Danger
- 10 Things You Should Never Forbid Children from Doing
- 10 Things You Should Never Say to Children
- 10 Habits That Can Ruin Both Parent's and Kids' Lives
- 6 Child Behavior Problems That Are Parents’ Fault
- 10 Basic Tips on How to Protect Your Child
- 10 PARENTING MISTAKES WE SHOULD AVOID
- 5 Questions You Should Ask Children Every Day
- 11 Phrases Every Child Needs to Hear from Parents
- 10 Things You Should Never Say to Teens
- 10 Things Every Dad Should Teach His Son
- Best Solutions to Help You Deal with Out of Control Kids
- How to Control Anger with Kids
- Teaching Your Children Self-Control
- Keeping Your Child Safe on the Internet
- Keep Your Kids Safe Online with These Tips
- FamiSafe Shares 10 Ways to Keep Your Home Safe
- TeenSafe Drive - How to Set Speed Limit
- FamiSafe Alternative
- Kids Place Parental Control Review
- SecureTeen Parental Control Review
- Screen Time Parental Control Review
- Kids Zone Parental Control Review
- Launcher & Home screen for kids Review
- Kidslox Parental Control Review
- Qustodio Parental Control Review
- FamilyTime Parental Controls Review
- Heimdall Parental Control Review
- OurPact – Parental Control Review
- Parental Control Kroha. Doctor Komarovskiy Review
- SafeKiddo Parental Control Review
- Safe Family - Parental Control Review
- Norton Family Premier Review
- ESET Parental Control Review
- Net Nanny Review
- Lock2Learn Parental Control Review
- My Mobile Watchdog Parental Control Review
- MMGuardian Review