Top 5 Alternatives for Google Family Link
Alternatives for Google Family Link
- FamiSafe Alternative
- Kids Place Parental Control Review
- SecureTeen Parental Control Review
- Screen Time Parental Control Review
- Kids Zone Parental Control Review
- Launcher & Home screen for kids Review
- Kidslox Parental Control Review
- Qustodio Parental Control Review
- FamilyTime Parental Controls Review
- Heimdall Parental Control Review
- OurPact – Parental Control Review
- Parental Control Kroha. Doctor Komarovskiy Review
- SafeKiddo Parental Control Review
- Safe Family - Parental Control Review
- Norton Family Premier Review
- ESET Parental Control Review
- Net Nanny Review
- Lock2Learn Parental Control Review
- My Mobile Watchdog Parental Control Review
- MMGuardian Review
- Parental Controls Tips & Tricks
- 10 Parenting Tips to Calm Down Kids in a Minute
- 10 Parenting Tips to Deal With a Naughty Child
- 10 Types of Child Behavior That Are Dangerous to Ignore
- 10 Proven Ways to Stop Your Child from Lying
- 10 Important Things Your Child Should Learn by Age 10
- 10 Things Parents Should Never Do for Their Kids
- Answer the Most Difficult Children's Questions
- 18 Questions That Could Save Your Child’s Life
- 10 Basic Tips on Protect Your Child
- 10 PARENTING MISTAKES WE SHOULD AVOID
- 5 Questions You Should Ask Children Every Day
- 11 Phrases Every Child Needs to Hear from Parents
- 10 Things You Should Never Say to Teens
- 10 Things Every Dad Should Teach His Son
- Best Solutions to Help You Deal with Out of Control Kids
- Control Anger with Kids
- Teaching Your Children Self-Control
- Keeping Your Child Safe on the Internet
- Keep Your Kids Safe Online with These Tips
- FamiSafe Shares 10 Ways to Keep Your Home Safe
- TeenSafe Drive - Set Speed Limit
- Child Monitoring
- Mobile Tracker
- 5 Ways to Track A Phone
- Top 10 Best Mobile Location Tracker
- Top 10 Car Tracker You Need to Know
- Top 10 Tracking Devices & Apps for Kids
- Top 10 Child Tracking Devices Parents Need to Know
- 3 Ways to Track Mobile Location
- Top 10 iPhone Tracker in 2018
- 5 Ways to Track A Cell Phone Location for Free
- Top 10 Mobile Tracker App & Services to Track A Phone
- Top 10 GPS Tracker for Kids
- Top 10 iPhone Monitoring Software Parents Need to Know
- 10 Best Free Android Monitoring Apps to Monitor Your Kids
- 10 Best Phone Monitoring Apps Parents Can't Miss
- Monitor Phone Activity on Andriod and iPhone
- Top 10 GPS Phone Trackers for Parents
- Top 10 Free Mobile Trackers You Can't-Miss!
- Top 10 Android Tracking App You Need to Know
Humans, by their very essence, are social animals. This is, perhaps, why the concept of family is at the core of the society we live in today. It is the responsibility of parents to instill good value in their kids and teach them the basic human etiquettes. Thanks to the internet, these days, children are exposed to all kinds of information at a very early age. It is your responsibility as a parent to keep an eye on your kids and teach them the difference between right and wrong. A great way of doing that is parental control apps. These apps allow parents to monitor kids’ access to screens and the internet. Such apps can be used to train kids and build health digital habits in them. On popular parental control, the app is Google Family Link.
Features of Google Family Link
Google Family Link is an official parental control app by Google that parents can use to manage their kid’s devices. This app allows you to access your kid’s phone and set limits on how much they can use the phone. Some useful and interesting features of Google Family Link are:
- Manage and view the kid’s app activity.
- Set screen locks and limit their screen time.
- Track your kid’s location.
- Review the contents on your child’s phone.
While Google Family Link for children and teens is a good app for parental control, it has certain limitations. For example, you cannot track your kid’s internet usage and set any filters to remove inappropriate content. Similarly, it is only usable for kids or till the age of 13. It can’t be used for teenagers when kids are the most vulnerable and sensitive.
- A safe app that keeps your personal information protected.
- A free app so anyone can download it.
- Location access which means you can track connected devices.
- Manage screen time through the screen lock feature.
- Easy to manage as it has a simple user interface.
- No text/call control so you cannot monitor calls/texts.
- Geofencing not available which makes it hard to set specific location alerts.
- Not for teenagers as Google only allows parents to use the app for kids below 13.
Top 5 Alternative for Google Family Link
Google Family Links lacks advanced features so here are the top 5 Google Family Link alternatives for parents:
While screens today play an important part in our everyday lives and can be a useful tool, they have some drawbacks – especially if you are an underage kid. Through smartphones and TV screens children can get exposed to inappropriate content, for example, violence, foul language, adult content, etc. This is why parents should control what their kids can see and do on smart devices. An easy and simple way of doing so is using FamiSafe. It is a parental control app that allows parents to build healthy digital habits and keep them safe. FamiSafe protects different ways like geofencing, YouTube filters, screen time limit, blocking inappropriate websites, and more.
- Advanced features like geofencing available.
- No age limits as parents can set devices for kids above 13 as well.
- Blocker and Filters to remove inappropriate apps and content.
- Easy three-steps set up.
- Free trial of 3 days for users who sign up via App directly.
- A reliable and safe platform as FamiSafe protects your personal information.
- No jailbreak or rooting required to install the app.
- Not free but very affordable subscription price as compared to others.
- Net Nanny Parental Control
Net Nanny Parental Control is one of the best parental control apps for parents. It is available for both Android and iOS and you can track your child's location, set screen time allowance, display their location history, set app schedules, and block apps. This is a paid app that parents can use very easily. However, the reason why Net Nanny Parental Control did not make number one on this list is that it does not monitor calls or texts.
- User-friendly design.
- Web Filters.
- Available for iOS and Android.
- Pricey subscription.
- No call or text monitor.
Qustodio is a great multi-platform parental control app that offers three different subscription plans. Qustodio offers many features and allows you to set time limits for both overall devices and individual apps. It does offer location tracking with geofencing. You can manage all the apps and set up web filters along with text monitors. All in all, Qustodio is a very useful and practical app. But here is the kicker: it is very expensive!
- Available for iOS and Android.
- Smooth controls.
- Text and call monitor.
- The web portal needs an update.
All in all, it’s a decent app as it allows you to track location along with web filtration, image filters, and more. The recent update includes a new AI which can detect nudity and inappropriate content in images. It also comprises an app management feature that allows you to control and monitor apps. However, it is primitive and cannot block texts/calls. MMGuardian has all the features you would want in a parental control app. With that being said, this app is darn frustrating! The user interface is very poorly designed and the features are outdated.
- All parental control features.
- New Image AI.
- Location tracking.
- Available for iOS and Android.
- Poor user interface.
OurPact is one parental control app where you can also involve your kids and encourage them to respect checks and monitoring. OurPact has a ton of cool features like location tracking. Geofencing, time limits, web filtering, etc. The best thing about this app is that it allows you to manage up to 20 devices! So, get this app and build healthy tech habits in your kids.
- Great designs.
- Easy navigation.
- Involves kids.
- Location tracking.
- No call/text monitoring.
- Web filters are limited.
Best Parental Control Apps: Comparison Guide
|Price||$59.99 per year||$74.99 per year||$137.99 per year||$34.99 per year||$24 per year|
|Devices||30 for an annual subscription||5||5||1||20|
|Advanced Features||All advanced features available||Lacks call and text monitoring||All features but outdated web-portal and location tracking.||All but Outdated||Lacks call and text monitoring|
Parental control plays a very important role in raising well behaved and healthy kids. By setting limits and time restrictions, you can influence good digital habits in your kids. This is why apps like Google Family Link, FamiSafe, and Net Nanny are becoming popular these days. The bottom line is No matter which parental app you choose, just make sure you are keeping a check on your children’s online activities.