Bark Parental Control Review: Pros, Cons And Its Alternative
Bark Parental Control full review
- FamiSafe Alternative
- Kids Place Parental Control Review
- SecureTeen Parental Control Review
- Screen Time Parental Control Review
- Kids Zone Parental Control Review
- Launcher & Home screen for kids Review
- Kidslox Parental Control Review
- Qustodio Parental Control Review
- FamilyTime Parental Controls Review
- Heimdall Parental Control Review
- OurPact – Parental Control Review
- Parental Control Kroha. Doctor Komarovskiy Review
- SafeKiddo Parental Control Review
- Safe Family - Parental Control Review
- Norton Family Premier Review
- ESET Parental Control Review
- Net Nanny Review
- Lock2Learn Parental Control Review
- My Mobile Watchdog Parental Control Review
- MMGuardian Review
- Parental Controls Tips & Tricks
- 10 Parenting Tips to Calm Down Kids in a Minute
- 10 Parenting Tips to Deal With a Naughty Child
- 10 Types of Child Behavior That Are Dangerous to Ignore
- 10 Proven Ways to Stop Your Child from Lying
- 10 Important Things Your Child Should Learn by Age 10
- 10 Things Parents Should Never Do for Their Kids
- Answer the Most Difficult Children's Questions
- 18 Questions That Could Save Your Child’s Life
- 10 Basic Tips on Protect Your Child
- 10 PARENTING MISTAKES WE SHOULD AVOID
- 5 Questions You Should Ask Children Every Day
- 11 Phrases Every Child Needs to Hear from Parents
- 10 Things You Should Never Say to Teens
- 10 Things Every Dad Should Teach His Son
- Best Solutions to Help You Deal with Out of Control Kids
- Control Anger with Kids
- Teaching Your Children Self-Control
- Keeping Your Child Safe on the Internet
- Keep Your Kids Safe Online with These Tips
- FamiSafe Shares 10 Ways to Keep Your Home Safe
- TeenSafe Drive - Set Speed Limit
- Child Monitoring
- Mobile Tracker
- 5 Ways to Track A Phone
- Top 10 Best Mobile Location Tracker
- Top 10 Car Tracker You Need to Know
- Top 10 Tracking Devices & Apps for Kids
- Top 10 Child Tracking Devices Parents Need to Know
- 3 Ways to Track Mobile Location
- Top 10 iPhone Tracker in 2018
- 5 Ways to Track A Cell Phone Location for Free
- Top 10 Mobile Tracker App & Services to Track A Phone
- Top 10 GPS Tracker for Kids
- Top 10 iPhone Monitoring Software Parents Need to Know
- 10 Best Free Android Monitoring Apps to Monitor Your Kids
- 10 Best Phone Monitoring Apps Parents Can't Miss
- Monitor Phone Activity on Andriod and iPhone
- Top 10 GPS Phone Trackers for Parents
- Top 10 Free Mobile Trackers You Can't-Miss!
- Top 10 Android Tracking App You Need to Know
Bark Parental Control application was founded in the year 2015. This app focuses mainly on online threats to children, which they may receive through texting, social media, and different types of online communication. Bark Parental Control is relatively affordable and easy to use, as well. This application will help you monitor your child’s behavior online.
Bark Parental Control Application at a Glance
This simple-to-use application comes with many parental tools that will let you understand how your kid is developing in the virtual landscape. This app allows you to analyze and monitor substance misuse, text messages sent and received, post for bullying, sexting, depression, suicidal plans, and more. Bark app reviews will tell you that the application alerts you right away when it views flagged text, posts, photos, or emails. Along with these alerts, Bark parental control app also suggests you about ways you can engage your kid in being more productive based on the kind of behavior that was flagged. Recently, Bark has added screen time and web filter feature.
Bark App Full Review
Once you download the application and set up your account, it will prompt you to link the app to your kids' account. In order to do this, you will have to enter your child’s name and his or her birth year. Once you do that you will be taken to the application’s dashboard. To start monitoring and tracking your kid’s phone, either you or your kid has to enter their username, along with the password for every social media account that the kid uses. Whenever an account is linked, you will see it appearing on the dashboard as well.
Whenever Bark detects a threat or a potential issue, the user will be sent out a notification or an email on the smartphone which has the application. This will allow you to check the messages and photos that were exchanged. This will also give you details about the date and time of those files. This app also categorizes those content under profanity, cyberbullying, depression, sexually explicit content, and more.
Bark App-Features and Limitations
- Identifying Risky Behavior
One of the most robust features that we analyzed through the Bark app review is its AI feature of letting parents know about risky behavior.
Whether your kids are planning for an after-college party or talking to a friend about suicide, Bark catches all of these behaviors seamlessly.
Also, Bark will notify you as well when your child texts CD9 or 9, which is code for parents nearby and 53X, which is a code for sex.
- Social Media & Text & Email Monitoring
Through Bark, parents can track and monitor what their kids do with their social media accounts, for example, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, Snapchat, GroupMe, and more. Moreover, Bark works both on Android and iOS devices and lets you go through their text messages, videos, and photos and alerts you about their concerning interactions. You can also monitor your child's email by linking their email account.
- 24/7 Detection
Bark operates 24/7 and 356 days a year and indicates signs of online predators, sexting, adult content, drug use, cyberbullying, suicidal thoughts, and more.
- Parental Alerts
You receive automatic alerts whenever there is a potential issue detected. Parents can check the alert via the Bark online portal and get the details.
- Screen Time & Web Filter
Bark has recently released two new features in April 2020. With the Screen Time feature, you can set up a limit for the time your kids can spend on their devices. With Web Filter feature, you can block unwanted websites or turn off the internet connection for the device totally to prevent your child from accessing the internet at an improper time.
- Minimal personalization option
The biggest drawback of Bark is that it can only catch severe profanity. Although it has a profanity filter, all it allows you to do is turn it off or on. Which means parent have to look for and monitor everything that could be risky for them on their own and Bark allows them to monitor either everything or nothing at all. And the same can be said about inappropriate behavior, illicit content, and change inactivity.
- Ambiguous end of the trial package
Bark has a dashboard and shows you the number of days remaining for the free trial, and it asks for your credit card details even for the free trial option. However, it is hard to understand the process to cancel. It doesn’t tell if the subscription will get canceled automatically or you will be charged.
After looking at all the pros and cons of the Bark app, we are sure; you must be thinking about other and better alternatives. For parents, nothing can be more nerve-wracking than thinking about their children’s safety. Being parents is a full-time job in itself. You worry about their safety when they go out to school, college, for a party, out in the playground to play, and more.
You are never sure what your kids are up to, and the scariest part is, predators are lurking everywhere who could be dangerous for your kids. Kids these days are more vulnerable to cyberbullying, catfishing, porn, and many other harmful activities.
If you have used Bark app and now thinking about a better alternative, then try FamiSafe. FamiSafe is one of the best parental control apps available for parents. This application is extremely reliable and safe to use, and it lets you keep an eye on your children 24 x 7.
Why FamiSafe is the better alternative?
FamiSafe is an easy-to-use parental monitoring application. It has excellent features as well, for instance, GPS Tracking, checking browsing history, which your child is talking and sending messages to, take a look at their social media accounts, block and monitor applications, and more.
A full review of FamiSafe features
FamiSafe offers you a gamut of features that will help you to watch over your children. Now, be sure if your child is being a victim of cyberbullying, whether your kids are watching porn, exchanging illicit text messages, downloading profanity content from the internet, and more.
- Location and Geofencing
FamiSafe allows you to track your kids' whereabouts in real-time. Once you enable track-real time location, you will be able to monitor where your kids are in real-time and keep them away from potential risks. Location and Geofencing also allow you to track your kids’ location history as well. This way, you will be able to understand where your child goes daily and take the required precautions as well. Finally, you can set certain geo-fences as well and get notifications when your kid crosses the border.
- Screen time
Screen time allows you to get access to your child’s activity and help you understand how your child spends their time on their mobile phone. Screen time comes with a unique time limit feature, which means you can now schedule a block time for your kid as well and block them from using it especially when they are studying and during bedtime hours.
- Explicit Content Detection
You can set your own words and get notified when your kid uses such words when they text someone. Also, FamiSafe works on AI and has a plethora of words that could be considered as explicit content and alert you from time to time when they cross their line.
- YouTube Content Detection
The YouTube content detection feature is available for iOS users. Now keep an eye on your kids’ activities on YouTube. See what they are watching and block the contents; you don’t wish them to see.
FamiSafe is compatible with both Android and iOS devices. You can try this app for three days and see it for yourself. The trial version is loaded with 90% of its main features.
- Suspicious Photos
Keep your kids away from downloading suspicious photos which could damage their mental growth. There are many harmful sites that contain harmful contents, for example, pornography. With FamiSafe, you will now be able to see what your kids are downloading and checking out using their smartphone.
As you can read, FamiSafe is quite a good alternative for the Bark app, and the trial version lets you enjoy around 90% of its features. We say you should definitely try it out first before purchasing the package. There are great reviews for FamiSafe application on Google as well, which will tell you why this app is so prevalent in the market. People from all across the globe are trying this app out and you should too. Kids are curious and want to know new things every day; however, these new things can lead them into danger, and thus, it becomes the responsibility of the parents to control their activities. You should definitely try FamiSafe.