Best Parental Control Apps for iPhone and Android 2018
free parental control apps
Modern kids have become so tech savvy that they are probably better than their parents in using smartphones. Smartphones have become really common these days and almost every teenager has got a smartphone of their own. They get so much exposed to the internet world with a smartphone that this has become a cause for concern for their parents. Thanks to the innovation in technology, parents can use the free parental control apps for Android and iPhone that can help you track the activities of their kids and ensure their kids stay in a healthy and nurturing environment.
What are Parental Controls?
The Internet is a very useful but at the same time a dangerous place, especially for kids. With the age of smartphones, it has become very easy for kids to get access to the internet. But allowing kids access to this territory comes with a risk. Not only is there a chance that they come in contact with inappropriate content, but can fall prey to the false intentions of cybercriminals. But with the help of parental control apps, you can monitor and control your kid’s usage on smartphones. Since, kids are always trying ways to escape the prying eyes of their parents, with the help of parental control apps, you can also track their locations to ensure that they always remain in their hindsight.
Best free parental control app
FamiSafe is one of the best free parental control apps that you can find online to monitor the activities of their kids on their smartphone. Even though it is a free app, it has all of the features that an advanced parental control app should have like -
- Set time limits on device usage.
- Block pornography and inappropriate websites.
- Restrict apps and games.
- Social media tracking.
- Location tracking.
No doubt, FamiSafe is the best free parental control apps for parents who need something to monitor their kids. Though it has many features for parental control and child monitoring, it lags behind in some areas. As free apps, its features are limited and for advanced features, you need to buy the premium version of FamiSafe, for which you will have to spend lots of dollars every year. If you want the best parental control for Android and iPhone, then here we have mentioned the best parental control apps to monitor your kids Android and iPhone.
Best parental control apps for Android
Best parental control apps for iPhone
Best parental control apps for Android
FamiSafe is the best Parental Control and Monitoring software that you can use to monitor the activities of their kids on their Android devices. FamiSafe is the best alternative for any free parental control apps that may be available due to its bunch of features like -
- Track Real-time GPS location of kids to know kid’s location
- Get Geofences for the dangerous
- Schedule time limit and device usage restrictions remotely.
- Block distracting apps and games to make kids focus on their studies.
- Restrict web usage and the content they get access to.
Price: - $9.99/month
Supported OS: - Android 4.0 and higher
Parental control Board is one of the best apps for parental control for Android devices. It has many advanced parental control features that allow parents to keep their kids safe from the dangers of excessive smartphone usage.
- Set time limits on devices usage.
- Web content filtering for blocking inappropriate websites.
- Blocking social media as well as gaming apps.
- Track kids locations.
Price: - $12/year
Supported OS: - Android 5.0 and later
The family is a good parental control app for parents to protect their kids from dangerous of the online world. This app for parental control for Android helps parents get a firm insight into the phone usage of their kids and counter addiction.
- Set daily time limit and schedule restrictions.
- Track apps and app usage of kids.
- Set Geofences and track locations.
- Panic and SOS alerts for emergency situations.
Price: - $27/year
Supported OS: - Android 4.2 and up
Screen Time is another parental control for Android app that helps parents manage and control their kid’s device usage and restrict inappropriate content. It is available in both free and paid versions.
- Monitor app usage and clock certain apps.
- Get notification alerts when kids install new apps.
- Monitor web and search history.
- Daily reports
Price: - $3.99/month
Supported OS: - Android version 4.1 and later.
This is one of the best free parental control apps for Android is one of the best apps for parents to limit the app usage of their kids. This makes parental control a whole level easier for parents.
- Allow access to only approved apps.
- Restrict downloading new apps.
- Call blocking.
- Timelock for scheduling restrictions.
Price: - Free/In-app purchases
Supported OS: - Requires Android 4.1 and up
Best parental control apps for iPhone
Why is FamiSafe the best parental control for iPhone? Because it can work without installing the app. Just by knowing the iCloud ID and password of the kids, parents will be able to monitor every phone activity of their kids.
- Track the location history of your kids.
- Set Geofences alerts for when they arrive in dangerous areas.
- Monitor web browsing activity.
Price: - $39.99/month
Supported OS: - iOS 10.0.0 and higher
Net Nanny is an iOS parental control for iPhone that can be accessed from anywhere. This is a parental control tool for parents that want to ensure their kid's safe on the internet.
- Web content filtering with 18 categories.
- Block porn websites and content.
- Limit kid’s internet time.
- Get reports remotely.
Price: - $59.99/Year for 5 devices
Supported OS: - iOS 8 or higher
Appmia is a reliable tool for parental control for iPhone. Not only it has location tracking features, you can also monitor your kid’s website activity as well as social media.
- Track phone call and SMS.
- Monitor the real-time GPS location and location history.
- Block website including social networking sites.
Price: - $29.99/month
Supported OS: - iOS 7.1.2 and above
Mobicip is the easiest to use and most reliable parental control for iPhone that allows you to remotely monitor the activities of your kids on their iPhone. Moreover, it is available officially in Apple app store.
- Block websites on the kid’s devices remotely.
- Check their web browser history.
- Set internet usage time limits.
- Customized web filtering.
Price: - $39.99/year up to 5 devices
Supported OS: - iOS 6.0 and above
Netsanity is easy to use and fast to set up parental control for iPhone that provides lots of parental control features for effective child monitoring and control. It is an all in one solution to protect your kids from internet dangers.
- Social media app blocker.
- Block adult websites.
- Stop internet and apps remotely.
- Also has a YouTube filter.
Price: - $6.95/month
Supported OS: - iOS 7 up to the latest iOS 11
Parents need an effective parental control tool that can help them keep a track of their kid’s internet activity and therefore keep them away from such distractions. So, in this article, we have discuses the best alternatives to the free parental control apps and we have found FamiSafe is the best parental control tool for both Android and iPhone. So, free download FamiSafe app and start monitoring the activities of your kids.
- Parental Controls
- How to Put a Parental Block on iPhone
- How to Put a Parental Block on Android
- How to Put a Parental Block on iPad
- How to Block Apps on iPhone
- How to Block Facebook Apps
- How to Block Apps on iPad
- How to Block Whatspp on Kid's Phone
- How to Block People on WhatsApp
- How to Block or Unblock WhatsApp Contacts on iPhone
- How to Know If Someone Blocked You on WhatsApp
- What Happens When You Block Someone on WhatsApp
- How to Block a Number on Whatsapp
- How to Block a Contact on WhatsApp
- Best Parental Control App to Lock Your Kid's Smartphone
- How to Lock Your Kids Phones or Tablets with FamiSafe Remotely
- Parental Controls Tips & Tricks
- 10 Parenting Tips to Calm Down Kids in a Minute
- 10 Parenting Tips to Deal With a Naughty Child
- 10 Types of Child Behavior That Are Dangerous to Ignore
- 10 Proven Ways to Stop Your Child from Lying
- 10 Important Things Your Child Should Learn by Age 10
- 10 Things Parents Should Never Do for Their Kids
- How To Answer the Most Difficult Children's Questions
- 18 Questions That Could Save Your Child’s Life
- If You Get This Message, Your Child Is in Danger
- 10 Things You Should Never Forbid Children from Doing
- 10 Things You Should Never Say to Children
- 10 Habits That Can Ruin Both Parent's and Kids' Lives
- 6 Child Behavior Problems That Are Parents’ Fault
- 10 Basic Tips on How to Protect Your Child
- 10 PARENTING MISTAKES WE SHOULD AVOID
- 5 Questions You Should Ask Children Every Day
- 11 Phrases Every Child Needs to Hear from Parents
- 10 Things You Should Never Say to Teens
- 10 Things Every Dad Should Teach His Son
- Best Solutions to Help You Deal with Out of Control Kids
- How to Control Anger with Kids
- Teaching Your Children Self-Control
- Keeping Your Child Safe on the Internet
- Keep Your Kids Safe Online with These Tips
- FamiSafe Shares 10 Ways to Keep Your Home Safe
- TeenSafe Drive - How to Set Speed Limit
- FamiSafe Alternative
- Kids Place Parental Control Review
- SecureTeen Parental Control Review
- Screen Time Parental Control Review
- Kids Zone Parental Control Review
- Launcher & Home screen for kids Review
- Kidslox Parental Control Review
- Qustodio Parental Control Review
- FamilyTime Parental Controls Review
- Heimdall Parental Control Review
- OurPact – Parental Control Review
- Parental Control Kroha. Doctor Komarovskiy Review
- SafeKiddo Parental Control Review
- Safe Family - Parental Control Review
- Norton Family Premier Review
- ESET Parental Control Review
- Net Nanny Review
- Lock2Learn Parental Control Review
- My Mobile Watchdog Parental Control Review
- MMGuardian Review