Family Tree Software and Apps for You
Family Tree Apps
- Family Track Apps
- Family Locator Apps
- Other Family Apps
‘Knowing your genealogy’ is gaining a lot of popularity and being considered as a hobby by many. With the advent of technology, it has become a very convenient and fun-filled activity. Many apps are available to help you to know your family relations and sketch a perfect family tree. Knowing your ancestors and the root of your existence adds new meaning to life. It is essential for all us to know ‘who we are,’ ‘where we descend from’ and ‘what’s our background.’
Family tree apps are such apps which will give answers to all the above questions and help you to do much more. These worthwhile tools are used to collate, organize, and publish the facts about the family’s lineage.
You can introduce your kids to your family ancestry through the family tree apps. It can be an engaging and informative activity for the kids; they can use the family search app to learn more about the other members of his family.
A good family tree app is fast, easy to navigate, and has enough storage capacity to hold sufficient information about a family. It should be built on an interactive UI platform and should look attractive. Some of these apps are free, while others come at a cost.
3 Most Popular Family Tree Apps:
Here is a look at some of the more popular Family Tree apps that you can get today.
This free family search app helps you to track and trace down the family ancestry by making your search experience convenient.
- You can synchronize your desktop and laptop and make edits on the go whenever you gather any information.
- It is an online family search app and can be accessed by anyone who has a profile in this site’s tree.
- Make the family tree more meaningful by adding photos and stories to the branches.
- Locate historical data from any relative’s profile and add it to your profile if you find it relevant.
- Using the FamilySearch account, you can access your ‘Memories.’ It is a great app for collating images, audios, and videos related to the family members of the family tree.
- It is compatible with mobile(iOS and Android) desktops and MAC books.
To know more about it, visit: https://www.familysearch.org/mobile/tree
2. Legacy Family Tree
Legacy Family Tree 9 is a family search app that you can integrate with online databases and genealogy services.
- It has achieved the perfect GEDCOM (Genealogical Data Communication) accuracy.
- The design is somewhat outdated, but the information couldn’t have been more correct.
- Offers a variety of chart options to you.
- There are 20 report templates and 25 different charts available from you. Make your choice according to your requirement and preference.
- The report options enable transforming genealogical data into printable stories.
- Using the book tool, you can create complete reports with charts that can be printed or converted into HTML format for your webpage or blogs.
- You can add important information, medical history, photos, videos, memorable incidents against each name in the chart.
- High-quality search option and location mapping can help you to keep track of the various countries and locations visited by your ancestors.
- Its inbuilt tool finds out duplicate entries and highlights the same.
- For any remarkable incident related to any member in the family tree, you can give color coding.
- It flags the incorrect data and will send alerts.
- You can connect to other genealogical sites like FamilySearch and Ancestry.com.
- Compatible with iOS and Android.
- Cost: $ 39.95/-
To know more about it, visit: https://legacyfamilytree.com/
Ancestry.com is one of the influential websites and offers a free family tree app. Its huge database makes it one of the preferred family search app.
- If you subscribe to the site’s database, you will get access to over 16 billion historical data.
- Its prompt option will hint you if a name in your family tree has any similarity with any names from its huge database.
- You can sync the app with Facebook and import data from your family members directly from there.
- If you undergo the AncestryDNA test, you will be able to trace your ethnic origin also.
- Use the spotlight search to find specific members of your family.
- The interactive and easy to use app lets you adjust image size and font for the best fitment of your family tree.
- You can either show or hide the family data or events related to any member of your family.
- Sync your family tree with Ancestry.com and access it from anywhere using the internet.
- If you are an iPhone user and have an Apple watch installed in your handset, you can receive real-time comments and updates on your images and notes. You can also have access to the voice comments and receive notifications of a historical event(s) that had taken place on that specific date (years ago).
- Thanks to a huge database, you need not enter the exact details of your ancestors. You can give clues, and the app will try to help you out with the relevant details.
- Compatible with iOS and Android.
- You can download this app for free from Google Play Store or App Store. But, to enjoy all the benefits, you must subscribe to ansectry.com. The monthly membership starts at $9.99.
To know more about it, visit https://www.ancestry.com/family-tree/.
FamiSafe, the Best Parental Control App
Kids nowadays tend to be very lonely, easily get addicted to the internet, and make friends with unknown people. They spend a lot of their time engrossed in mobile phones. It is obligatory to communicate with them and give them proper guidance to ensure a healthy and safe life. Parental control apps can help you to monitor your child’s onscreen activities and enforce control whenever danger is sensed.
Benefits of installing parental control apps:
- Track your kid’s internet usage and block adult content.
- Know the social networking sites your kid is a part of and his involvement in these sites.
- Keep a tap of time spent by your child on mobile, laptop, or desktop.
- Lock the screen during specific times of the day like homework time and bedtime.
- In case you feel that your child is being distracted by any specific app or is getting addicted, you can block it either temporarily or permanently.
- Know with whom your teen exchanges text messages. You can also read every incoming and outgoing text. You can block messages from specific or unknown contacts.
- Study the contact book of your kid and block any miscreant and get notified if your kid tries to contact a blocked contact.
- Know the location of your child when he is not at home.
- Get comprehensive dashboards in your mobile about the various offline and online activities that your kid carries out.
- Kids are mostly keen on visiting areas from which they are restricted. It is very tough to keep track of them while they are out with their friends. The geofences feature of parental apps will send alerts in your mobile the moment your child enters any prohibited area.
- Personalize the settings according to the child’s age, maturity, and your own purpose.
FamiSafe is one such family app from Wondershare to ensure the safety mostly of your kids. You can install it on your kid’s phone and control his handset usage remotely from your phone.
Download FamiSafe from Google Play Store or App Store and enjoy its free features for 3 days. Post that continues using it and enjoys the shield at $9.99 per month.
Parental apps are not any kind of spyware and are visible to the child in whose phone it is installed. But it cannot be accessed by him without the security code. The purpose of apps like FamiSafe is to enhance the bonding between you and your child. It is not about your lack of trust in your kid, but it is just a precautionary tool. Explain to your kids the reach of online predators and the harm they can cause in your child’s life.