Risky Anonymous Chat Apps for Teens
Anonymous chat apps parents should know
- Social App Review
- Best texting app for kids
- ChatGPT Detectors
- ChatGPT Examples
- TikTok App Review for Parents
- ChatGPT Impact on Education
- Discord App Review
- Jailbreak ChatGPT
- Age for TikTok
- Dangerous Live broadcasting apps
- PopJam App Review for Parents
- Is Funimation Safe?
- Random video chat app
- Stranger chat apps review
- Anonymous chat apps for Teens
- Bigo live app review
- What is Clubhouse App?
- Is Google hangouts safe?
- Game Review
- Best free game for Kindle Fire
- Top Minecraft Discord Servers
- LoL Wild Rift review
- App Review: What is Friday Night Funkin?
- Is Subway Surfers Safe? App Review
- Elden Ring Game Review
- Is Smule safe？
- 8 Best Discord Fortnite Servers to Join for Free
- Bitlife app review
- Is Minecraft good for kids？
- What is Overwatch?
- Other Reviews
There are a large number of anonymous chat apps available online. They are far too easily accessible and so simple to install, with the majority at no cost. This could be detrimental for many reasons. They allow you to speak freely with strangers and make new friends around the world on your android or IOS device. The majority of these online apps allow you to share photos, audio, and make videos. Again, this could become a problem if you have young children or teenagers.
There are pros and cons to using these apps. If you want to share your thoughts and worries, these apps are appealing, being led to believe that they are safe and secure. However, there is no guarantee based on recent reviews that this is the case. Invariably, whoever you are speaking with can save all the content by taking a screenshot of your messages. There is also the issue of sharing location. You will be allowing anybody to know exactly where you are at any time. It can be a very liberating experience to be able to speak freely without too much monitoring, and this could be extremely attractive to your children. If you have a young child or teenager using these apps, it can lead to online bullying, insults, and the fear for parents of your child meeting new people face to face.
We have listed five of the most popular anonymous chat apps that are now available online.
This is a relatively new app that can be used on android or iOS devices. It allows you to chat with like-minded people around the world. Once installed, Chatous doesn't verify users and content is far from secure.
- Privacy setting allows users to remain anonymous, and decide what information is made public
- Add up to five hashtags, giving you the opportunity to include your interests, hobbies and personality, therefore matching you with like-minded people
- Option to block or report users
- Free to download (in-app purchases available for a better experience)
- Must be 17 years of age or older
Chatous Reviews from AppGrooves
- Don't go on here, full of creeps for the younger ones. (It's basically a glorified tinder for kids around the world!! That's not a good thing!) There are people threatening to do bad things to those who don't give them what they want.
- Ever since they made the update to where you have likes and coins it's just been horrible. You do get to meet with tons of people but most of the guys are just on there for inappropriate content. No one under 18 should be able to use this.
- I'm giving this a one star because there are creeps on here! They should update security on this.
This app allows you to privately chat with various users around the world without having to share your identity. Make new friends, or connect with old. Your child/teenager will be told that they constantly remain anonymous. Based on recent reviews, there is no proof to back this up.
- No sign up or log in required
- Share anonymous messages
- Share photos
- Share tips
- Meet new friends
- Free to use
- Must be aged 18 or over. Users between 14 and 18 by approval of parent/guardian
Kampus Reviews from Google
- Very bad. They are spying on us. Don't download. This is a cheat.
- Not secure at all, not an app for anybody under 18!
This app is suitable for android devices. Very simple to use for chatting with strangers. You need to connect with Facebook to use it, and then allows you to speak anonymously with other Facebook users. You have the option to delete conversation history. Based on reviews, this app allows your location to be known.
- Connects with Facebook
- Anonymously chat
- Messages are deleted once read
- Fully customizable
- Option to block users
- Free to use
- Must be aged 18 or over
Psst Reviews from Google
- Anonymous is literally in the name of this app, but the first thing it asks for is access to my location data, then it wants you to sign up for an account. Tell me about the anonymous part, because I'm not seeing one. App name needs to be changed; it is false & misleading advertising in its current state.
- It's ok I guess but some people say terrible things to you. Not safe because you have to share location!
- Just started and already bullied. Obnoxious people. I do not suggest this app.
This is a popular app for iOS users. It allows you to meet people from around the world, and start conversations making new friends with like-minded people.
- Download on smartphone
- Free to use
- Price options with different features
- Create a profile with personal details and images
- Must be aged 17 years or over
ChatOften Reviews from AppGrooves
Tried for an hour to have a simple conversation with someone. All I found were people interested in more than just simple chatting, and were only interested in "dirty-minded" things. Look elsewhere if you just want to chat for fun.
This chat app is suitable for android and iOS devices. It is used for group video chats with strangers, and allows you to create chat rooms or link to others.
- Video Chat Option
- No need to register
- Create chat rooms
- Share link and invite friends
- Ages 13 plus
Zooroom Reviews from Google
- Random people join you like you can lock the chat but they are still able to join. Somebody was calling me so I answered but didn't know who he was. When I opened it, he sent me inappropriate content.
- I downloaded this app so that we could communicate with cruising friends. There were four of us. Got hacked. Definitely would not use and would keep away from children!!!!
Parental Control and Age Restrictions
The majority of these anonymous chat apps are rated between 17-18 years plus. Therefore, there are no parental controls. If you choose an app that is age-appropriate, for example, Zooroom, it is recommended to be used with parental guidance.
How can you protect your children?
- Speak openly with your child about the dangers of social media and anonymous chat apps. Teach them the importance of restrictions and guidelines, and explain it is for their safety. Encourage them to tell you if anybody approaches them and makes them feel uncomfortable.
- Monitor your child's phone/tablets. Set up your own password so children can't install any apps without you knowing.
- Parents should install an app that gives them full parental control and monitor app activities. One that will alert you if there is any unusual activity, checks the child's location, and allows you to view their browsing history.
Most children will be using chat apps to socialize with their friends. There are hundreds available online. If you are going to allow your child to use them, it is important to ensure you find the best app that is age-appropriate, check the reviews, and ensure you have some kind of parental controls.