Here is a game that sold 12 million copies in two weeks-Elden Ring. So, the question is, what is Elden Ring? Elden ring is a wonderful action RPG with thrilling combat and many rewards.
For the fact of popularity, it would most definitely infiltrate the gaming community, and kids would know about it and request it. So, here is a guide to keeping kids safe. But, first, we will show you some information about Elden Ring to help you know more about this game.
What is Elden Ring About?
Elden Ring is the game developed and published by Bandai Namco Entertainment. It was released on February 25, 2022, for Microsoft Windows, Playstation 4 and 5, Xbox One, and series X and S.
It is an action game from a third-person perspective; it features combats, weapons, magic spells, horseback riding, summons, etc. It is a role-playing game set in a fantastical world. Exploration in an open world with NPCs and AI adversaries is part of the gameplay. Player combat, skills, weapons, and magical abilities are all revealed. As a result, it bears a striking resemblance to Dark Souls.
What should Parents know about Elden Ring?
Knowing about Elden Ring lets you understand how suitable this game is for your child. What age is appropriate, what to expect from the gameplay and what things your child is exposed to. You also find ground to rationalize the effects that it may have on your children, such as addiction or game rage. This is a complete conversation upgrade; that way, the talk is more understanding and relatable than judgmental. Here are a few noteworthy things for gamer parents about Elden Ring.
Elden Ring Age Rating
According to ESRB, the rating is ‘M,’ which implies kids below 17 should not play the game. And for PEGI, the UK standard, the rating standard is 16. This means the approved age group goes on from 16.
Elden Ring App Review
Elden Ring is commended on the application; it is equally challenging and rewarding. The game seems to have been designed with a lot of care, as headaches and eye aches are not a regular result of spending minimal time. This is probably one reason it is addictive; PC performance requires work.
Here are some of Elden Ring’s advantages and disadvantages
- It has the best combat, lore, music, and world created by its developers
- It is engaging and adventure-filled
- It is more challenging than most games
- There are technical issues that slow down the gameplay momentarily
- The encounter designs are not exactly ideal
The basic edition of the game costs about $59.99 and the deluxe version $79.99. There are in-app purchases for game boosts and weapon props or souls. So parents need to take care of kids’ access to money or cards and monitor purchases. Better still, have exclusive access to making purchases, and if they do try to make purchases without prior permission, you can set triggers to alert you.
With a few cuss words here and there, parents can be calm about language and nudity. Nudity and sexual themes are very light and nongraphic and rare. The game has one seemingly nude character but with no actual depiction of genitalia. It also means parents must set language usage boundaries and ensure their child understands the need to stay censored.
Violence and Blood
This is a prominent part of the game since combat is a part of the gameplay. As a result, blood and dismembered limbs are lying around with spilled blood. Players cannot dismember in combat; overall, there is quite a lot of creative violence and weaponry.
Is the Game Addictive?
Yes, the game is quite addictive. It is challenging, which can transform to frustration eliciting game rage and addiction; That is owning to the fact that the aim is to win and be the best. With tough combat opponents, parents must be watchful. A gamer’s review stated that he spent about 87 hours on the game due to how rewarding it felt to keep up and how challenging it was to stay up. He commended the game, but a total of 87 hours can be quite a shocker if a child is left to attain such.
Tips for Parents on Elden Ring
Gaming requires much attention and discussion because the foundation often defines how much the child does as an adult.
Parents would always want to be cautious. Here are varying tips to help with the process;
- Parents need to be conscious about the age rating of any game, including Elden Ring.
- Parents can have discussions about play-study schedules with their kids and enforce them.
- Endeavor to read app and parent reviews like this one.
- Play these games with your kids to be a part of the conversation.
- Educate your kids about violence on and off the screen to help them understand reality and the fantasy game world.
- Activate the application’s parental controls, if any.
- Set up trigger warnings and alarms to keep track of what’s going on.
What is Wondershare FamiSafe?
Investing in a parental control app is not a bad choice; with Wondershare FamiSafe, parents can ensure their kids are safe. One of the most helpful features of FamiSafe is screen time scheduling; It allows you set schedules and also remotely monitor these kids’ access and deny access when necessary.
Wondershare FamiSafe is a parental control app, and the best thing about this you can use it without direct access to your kid’s devices once you set it up. It is a parental control tool that encourages online child safety. This program can keep track of your online activities, establish screen times, and apply web filters, which would allow a parent to detect sexual content on their child’s smartphone. When your child is playing Elden Ring, you may utilize FamiSafe to regulate screen time, report explicit content, and report activities. Wondershare FamiSafe allows you to:
- help your kids form great digital habits.
- efficiently keep track of kids’ movements.
- helps kids escape online danger, inappropriate content, and censors, and notifies content that could be identified as either bullying or inappropriate.
Screen Time: This feature allows you to keep track of your child’s app usage. You can also set smart timetables and limit the time kids spend on their devices. The screen time feature on FamiSafe also helps parents block social media and gaming apps that aren’t appropriate and keep track of screen time usage.
How to Set Screen Time with Wondershare FamiSafe?
The below video will show you how to set screen time with Wondershare FamiSafe. If you prefer the text guide, you can skip the video and keep reading.
Setting up Wondershare FamiSafe is easy, and below are the steps to get it done.
- Step 1: Install FamiSafe
First, you have to download the FamiSafe app on your device. You can download it from Google Play Store or Apple Store; you can also download it from the official website. After downloading, install the app on your device to begin.
- Step 2: Sign Up on App
Run FamiSafe on your device, and you will need to sign up on the app. You can choose to create a FamiSafe account using your email address or continue to use a third-party account. FamiSafe accepts Google, Facebook, and Apple IDs as third-party logins (Apple devices only). After signing in, click ‘start’ to sign up as a parent, which will generate a pairing code.
- Step 3: Sign up on Kid Device
You can download the Jr FamiSafe App from the Play Store or App Store on your kids’ devices. After installation, run and register as a kid. The FamiSafe app will prompt you to enter the pairing code. Once you enter this code, it will link the account to yours. You will also have to grant permission to let FamiSafe operate smoothly on your kid’s device.
- Step 4: Set up Screen Time
Now you can start using the app to control your kid’s screen time. First, navigate to features and choose ‘screen time’ from the provided list. You can then set screen time for various apps, including Elden Ring. You can also set different schedules on the app.
Other FamiSafe Features
- Activity Report: Monitor your child’s phone to see daily phone activity. Find out which apps your child uses most often and which apps have been installed or uninstalled.
- App usage and blockers: This feature controls access to the application on your child’s device. Stop access altogether and limit the use of screen time for each application.
- Online Safety: Create a safe and age-appropriate online environment for your child by blocking inappropriate websites. View your child’s browsing history and check your private or secret internet history remotely.
- Parental Warning: Monitor social apps and YouTube to detect explicit and offensive language. Set an explicit word to receive an alert when detected on your child’s device
- Suspicious Text Detection: Monitor social apps and YouTube to detect explicit and offensive language. An alert will be displayed when your child’s device detects offensive language.
- Location Tracking: Track your child in real-time and see your location history. Get immediate notification when your child enters or leaves the geofence.
- Web Filters: Apply web filters to censor what kids have access to on web browsers.
- Safe Search: Constitutes ad blockers, site censorship, and curtails curiosity.
Elden ring is quite the game with limited interaction; the game seems relatively safe with the parents still acting as a guide. The reviews are good, and it is praised for being a rewarding journey, both in-game play and reality. Gaming in the proper doses is always a great way to stimulate the brain cells, and Elden holds to that.