Best Sprint Family Locator
How Does Sprint Family Locator Work
If you and your family members have a Sprint connection, then you should certainly be familiar with the Sprint family locator. It provides a cross-platform connection between different devices and makes it easier for parents to locate their kids remotely. You can go to its desktop website or use the Sprint family locator app to do the same. Nevertheless, parents also look for other third-party applications to further control and monitor their kid’s phone. In this guide, we will teach you how does Sprint Family Locator work and also discuss its alternative as well.
Sprint Family Locator Reviews
If everyone in your family uses a Sprint connection, then you should certainly know how does Sprint Family Locator work. It is the native application developed by Sprint to track the real-time location of the connected devices among a family. While the first 15 days are free, users need to get its premium plan to use the service after that. By paying $5.99 a month, you can track a maximum of 4 devices. Needless to say, all the connected devices should be using a Sprint connection.
- Sprint family locator can track the live location of multiple devices in one place.
- The app is also extremely useful to track a lost or stolen device as well.
- It features an interactive map that provides a glimpse of all the connected members. Later, you can just tap on a member’s icon to get their detailed location.
- Kids can also communicate to parents by sending their location with a message.
- You can track the location of your kids on your mobile (with Sprint Family Locator app) or by visiting its website.
- Parents can also track the past location history of their kids and get instant updates about their whereabouts.
- It supports cross-platform communication. Therefore, you can track your kids even if you have an iOS device and they use an Android (or vice versa).
- There is no need to install the app to track the phone. All they need to do is stay connected to the Sprint network.
- It has an automatic safety check. This means as soon as your kid would reach a certain location, an alert will be sent to your device.
- It has inbuilt SOS and safety features too.
- Compatible with leading iOS and Android devices (supports iOS 8.2+ and Android 4.2+)
- Comes with a free trial duration of 15 days
- It has limited features (no parental controls except device tracking)
- Can only track a device as long as it is connected to Sprint’s network
- You can only track a maximum of 4 other devices at once
Price: It costs $5.99 a month to locate a maximum of 4 devices (the amount is added to your bill cycle).
What Sprint Family Locator lacks?
Now when you know how does Sprint family locator work, you can easily use it to track the whereabouts of your family members. While it can be used as a family locator, it lacks tons of features that parents should access. For instance, here are some major parental control and monitoring features that the Sprint Family Locator app lacks.
- You can’t monitor how your kids use their device.
- There is no way to block any app on the target iOS or Android phone.
- It lacks a native content filtering feature.
- You can’t block apps or websites that you think your kids should not access.
- It can’t set a screen time for the device or any app.
FamiSafe - The Best Alternative to Sprint Family Locator
As you can see, the Sprint Family Locator lacks so many features. Therefore, we recommend FamiSafe as it is a complete parental control and monitoring app. Developed by Wondershare, it is compatible with all the popular iOS and Android devices. Besides locating the real-time location of your kids, you can also restrict the device usage and remotely monitor it as well. It comes with a free trial period and is extremely easy to use. Here are some of its major features.
- GPS tracker – You can track the live location of your kids on your smartphone. Also, you can set geo-fences and get alerts on your device whenever they would leave or enter the area.
- Location history – Parents can also check the places their kids have visited in the past and the routes they have taken.
- Block apps – You can remotely block or unblock any app or the entire device.
- Set screen time – Make sure that your kids won’t get addicted to any app by setting a maximum screen limit for it.
- Intelligent scheduler – Set time-based restrictions on the device using its intelligent scheduler. You can also restrict a device for a certain location as well.
- Content filtering – It has an automatic content filtering tool so that you can block any inappropriate website on their device.
- Monitor the device activity – Remotely monitor how your kids use their smartphones without any trouble.
How to locate a Sprint Cell Phone using FamiSafe?
After getting to know the major features of FamiSafe, you must be willing to try it. All you need to do is follow these simple steps:
- Firstly, create your free FamiSafe account.
- Download the FamiSafe app on your kid’s smartphone. Now, using the same account credentials, log-in to the app on your kid's devices.
- Select which device would be used by you and mark your kid’s smartphone to proceed.
- In order to complete the setup, you need to mention the platform of the target device.
- Complete the same process on your kid’s phone and make sure that both the devices are now connected.
- Great! After establishing a connection, you can just launch the FamiSafe app on your phone and access all of its major features.
- To track the real-time location of your kids, just go to the “Live Location” feature from the home. This will launch an interactive map with their exact location.
- Furthermore, you can track their past locations as well by visiting the “Location History” feature.
There are tons of other features that FamiSafe offers, which makes it a must-have parental control and monitoring tool. All of this also makes it the best alternative to the Sprint Family Locator app as well. Go ahead and give it a try for free. Without any hassle, you can use its parental control features that would come handy to you on numerous occasions.
- Family Locator
- Best Family Locator App
- Best Sprint Family Locator
- Best Verizon Family Locator
- Best Alternative to Life360 Family Locator
- Best ATT Family Locator
- Locate a Family Member
- Verizon Wireless Family Locator
- T-Mobile Family Locator
- Best Alternative to VZ Family Locator
- The Best Method to Share Location on iPhone
- Best Family Locator App for Android
- The Best Family Tracing App to Locate Family Members
- T-Mobile FamilyWhere Family Locator App
- AT&T FamilyMap App - Locate Kids & Find a Lost Phone
- 5 Free Family Locator Apps
- iPhone Family Locator App for Kids and Family
- Mobile Tracker
- 5 Ways to Track A Phone
- Top 10 Best Mobile Location Tracker
- Top 10 Car Tracker You Need to Know
- Top 10 Tracking Devices & Apps for Kids
- Top 10 Child Tracking Devices Parents Need to Know
- 3 Ways to Track Mobile Location
- Top 10 iPhone Tracker in 2018
- 5 Ways to Track A Cell Phone Location for Free
- Top 10 Mobile Tracker App & Services to Track A Phone
- Top 10 GPS Tracker for Kids
- Top 10 iPhone Monitoring Software Parents Need to Know
- 10 Best Free Android Monitoring Apps to Monitor Your Kids
- 10 Best Phone Monitoring Apps Parents Can't Miss
- Monitor Phone Activity on Andriod and iPhone
- Top 10 GPS Phone Trackers for Parents
- Top 10 Free Mobile Trackers You Can't-Miss!
- Top 10 Android Tracking App You Need to Know
- Parental Controls
- Set Parental Control on Youtube
- Set Parental Controls on Kindle Fire
- Facebook Parental Controls
- Set Parental Control on WhatsApp
- Best Parental Control App for iPhone & Android
- Best iPhone Monitoring for Parents
- Best Parental Monitoring Software for iPhone
- Best Parental Phone Monitoring App for Tracking Children
- Computer Monitoring Software for Parents
- Free Cell Phone Monitoring for Parents 2018
- Parental Controls Tips & Tricks
- 6 Child Behavior Problems That Are Parents’ Fault
- 10 Basic Tips on Protect Your Child
- 10 PARENTING MISTAKES WE SHOULD AVOID
- 5 Questions You Should Ask Children Every Day
- 11 Phrases Every Child Needs to Hear from Parents
- 10 Things You Should Never Say to Teens
- 10 Things Every Dad Should Teach His Son
- Best Solutions to Help You Deal with Out of Control Kids
- Control Anger with Kids
- Teaching Your Children Self-Control
- Keeping Your Child Safe on the Internet