How to Locate a Family Member or Share Your Location with Family
In today’s world, it has become more important than ever to keep a strict eye on our loved ones. For instance, you should always know the real-time whereabouts of your family members if you wish to keep them safe. This can be done by taking the assistance of a family locator app. After installing the app on yours and your family member’s phones, you can easily locate family remotely. Some common solutions are My Family Locator, Locate Family App, FamiSafe Family Locator, and more. In this guide, we will explore these apps in detail.
FamiSafe - The Best Family Locator App
If you are looking for a smart and hassle-free way to locate your family members in one place, then simply try FamiSafe . It has a dedicated family locator feature that can track the real-time location of your kids. You can also know the places they have visited in the past and the routes they have taken. Besides using FamiSafe to locate family, it can also help you with monitoring and controlling of the target smartphone.
- Track live location – With this family locator, you can track the real-time location of others on your smartphone.
- Obtain past locations – There is also a feature to view the past places a family member has visited or the routes they have taken.
- Set geofences – By setting geofences, you will get instant notifications on your phone whenever a family member would enter or leave a location. You can also block an app or the device usage for a restricted area.
- The tool comes with tons of other features and a free trial of 3 days.
- Compatible with all the leading Android and iOS devices.
How to locate a Family Member using FamiSafe?
FamiSafe is an ideal locate family app, which is extremely easy to use as well. Without any prior technical knowledge, you would be able to make the most of this parental control and monitoring tool. All you need to do is download it on your smartphone and your family member’s phone. After that, you can remotely monitor their devices. To learn how to locate family with FamiSafe, you can follow these steps:
1. Firstly, you need to download the app on all the devices. That is, visit the App Store or Play Store page of the app (or its website) and download it on your device and the smartphones used by your family members.
2. Great! Now, you can just launch the app on your phone and create your account. Log-in with your account details. In the same way, log-in to your account on the device used by your kids as well.
3. On your device, you need to mark it as a parent. In the same way, make sure that you have marked “Kids” on your kid’s smartphone.
4. To complete the setup, select the platform of the target device (iOS or Android).
5. Follow the same drill and make sure that your device and your kid’s smartphone are now connected.
6. That’s it! Now, to monitor or control your kid’s smartphone, you can just launch the FamiSafe app on your phone and access its features.
7. To track the real-time location of your kids, just visit the “Live Location” option. This will display a map and the exact live location of your kids.
8. In the same way, if you wish to track their past location history, then visit the “Location History” option. This will display the places they have visited in the past and the routes they have taken.
9. Also, you can go to the “Places” option and set geo-fences for any location. You can block apps or the entire device usage on a particular area. Also, you can get notifications on your phone whenever your kids would leave or enter this area.
How to share your location with Family using Family Sharing?
If you and your family members use iOS devices, then you can also use its native locate family app. The Family Sharing feature in Apple is linked with its native app “Find my Friends” that can be used as a family locator. Firstly, you need to set up the My Family Locator and add your family members. Once it is done, you can just launch the app to track their live location. To locate family using Apple’s Family Sharing feature, follow these steps:
1. To begin with, unlock your device and go to its iCloud settings. Tap on the “Set up Family Sharing” option from here.
2. After reading the terms and conditions, tap on “Get Started” and continue.
3. Log-in with your Apple ID and password. Make sure that this is the controlling account for your family.
4. Once you have finished the setup, just tap on “Add Family Members” to send your family members an add request. You can select your family members from the list of contacts and send them an add request.
5. Go to your family member’s phone and approve the request. Once they are added, visit the “Find my Friends” feature under Family Sharing and turn it on.
6. Make sure that the option for “Share my location” is also turned on under Family Sharing. Here, you can view all the contacts with whom you would be sharing your location.
7. After when your family members have also started sharing their locations, you can just go to the “Find my Friends” app. Here, a map will be displayed with the real-time location of your family.
Other features of FamiSafe Family Locator
Not just to locate family, you can use FamiSafe to perform various parental control and monitoring tasks as well. Here are some of its major features.
- It supports a cross-platform sharing of location. That is, you can locate your family, even if they have a different device (Android and iOS).
- You can block any app or website on the target device remotely.
- It has an intelligence scheduler so that you can create time-based restrictions for the device usage.
- Set a screen limit for any app or the entire device.
- Check how your kids have used their device with its monitoring tool.
- Restrict the device usage for a particular area
- Block the entire device remotely anytime you want
- No need to root or jailbreak the device.
With so many advanced features, FamiSafe is surely a must-have parental control and monitoring tool that you should certainly try. Go ahead and try this tool to locate family and friends remotely. An essential locate family app, it will certainly come handy to you on numerous occasions.
- Family Locator
- Best Family Locator App
- Best Sprint Family Locator
- Best Verizon Family Locator
- Best Alternative to Life360 Family Locator
- Best ATT Family Locator
- Locate a Family Member
- Verizon Wireless Family Locator
- T-Mobile Family Locator
- Best Alternative to VZ Family Locator
- The Best Method to Share Location on iPhone
- Best Family Locator App for Android
- The Best Family Tracing App to Locate Family Members
- T-Mobile FamilyWhere Family Locator App
- AT&T FamilyMap App - Locate Kids & Find a Lost Phone
- 5 Free Family Locator Apps
- iPhone Family Locator App for Kids and Family
- Mobile Tracker
- 5 Ways to Track A Phone
- Top 10 Best Mobile Location Tracker
- Top 10 Car Tracker You Need to Know
- Top 10 Tracking Devices & Apps for Kids
- Top 10 Child Tracking Devices Parents Need to Know
- 3 Ways to Track Mobile Location
- Top 10 iPhone Tracker in 2018
- 5 Ways to Track A Cell Phone Location for Free
- Top 10 Mobile Tracker App & Services to Track A Phone
- Top 10 GPS Tracker for Kids
- Top 10 iPhone Monitoring Software Parents Need to Know
- 10 Best Free Android Monitoring Apps to Monitor Your Kids
- 10 Best Phone Monitoring Apps Parents Can't Miss
- Monitor Phone Activity on Andriod and iPhone
- Top 10 GPS Phone Trackers for Parents
- Top 10 Free Mobile Trackers You Can't-Miss!
- Top 10 Android Tracking App You Need to Know
- Parental Controls
- Set Parental Control on Youtube
- Set Parental Controls on Kindle Fire
- Facebook Parental Controls
- Set Parental Control on WhatsApp
- Best Free iPhone Parental Monitoring
- Best Parental Control App for iPhone & Android
- Best iPhone Monitoring for Parents
- Best Parental Monitoring Software for iPhone
- Best Parental Phone Monitoring App for Tracking Children
- Computer Monitoring Software for Parents
- Free Cell Phone Monitoring for Parents 2018
- Parental Controls Tips & Tricks
- 6 Child Behavior Problems That Are Parents’ Fault
- 10 Basic Tips on Protect Your Child
- 10 PARENTING MISTAKES WE SHOULD AVOID
- 5 Questions You Should Ask Children Every Day
- 11 Phrases Every Child Needs to Hear from Parents
- 10 Things You Should Never Say to Teens
- 10 Things Every Dad Should Teach His Son
- Best Solutions to Help You Deal with Out of Control Kids
- Control Anger with Kids
- Teaching Your Children Self-Control
- Keeping Your Child Safe on the Internet