10 Best Car Tracking Devices for Parents in 2018
car tracking device for parents
If you have given a car to your teenager, then you should certainly know how to track it remotely. In this way, you can know the whereabouts of your kids and keep them safe. It will also protect the car from getting stolen as well. Due to so many reasons, the use of a car tracking device for parents has been drastically increased in the last few years. If you have the same requirements, then you have come to the right place. We have handpicked the 10 best car tracking devices that every parent should know about.
The reasons for using a car tracking device for parents
There could be countless reasons for using a car tracking device for parents. Here’s why most of the parents prefer using it.
- You can track the real-time location and whereabouts of your kids.
- Most of these tools will alert you if the vehicle is stolen or being tampered with.
- You will get instant notifications whenever your kids would use the car.
- Parents can also track the past routes taken by their kids.
- You can also know if your kids are leaving or visiting an area by setting geofences.
- Some trackers also monitor the speed of the vehicle so that you can know if your kids are driving fast.
The 10 best car tracking devices for parents
Here are the ten best car tracking devices that you can consider using.
1. MOTOSafety GPS Tracker
The first spot on our list is probably one of the most popular car tracking devices that are used in North America. Once the unit is plugged, it will let you monitor the live location of the vehicle. It is also integrated with Google Maps for a hassle-free experience.
- You can track the vehicle in the US, Canada, and Mexico.
- It tracks the live location of the vehicle with exact accuracy.
- You can also set geofences, mark any location, and track the past routes.
- It monitors the vehicle’s speed and harsh driving nature to teach your kids how to drive efficiently.
- An inbuilt educational module is provided (teenage and senior driving coaching)
- Tracking app is available for Android and iOS
2. CarLock Advanced Real Time Tracker
This reliable car tracking device for parents will certainly help you on numerous occasions. Easy to install and use, it tracks the accurate real-time location of the vehicle.
- It will alert you whenever the car is being turned on or even tampered with.
- It has an inbuilt anti-theft lock.
- You can also monitor the health of your car (like its battery)
- Is extremely beneficial for parents to track their kids and set geofences
- Will let you know if your child is over-speeding or driving rash.
- Worldwide coverage (in more than 60 countries)
- Android and iOS apps available
3. Linxup OBD GPS Tracker
This real-time vehicle tracker by Linxup comes with tons of advanced features. While the monthly fee is higher than other products, there are numerous high-end features that it also provides.
- Real-time alerts with geofence abilities
- Track the past routes taken by your kids
- Extensive daily reports are mailed to parents
- Driving instructions and report card generation
- Integration with Google maps
- You can monitor the car’s speed, its idle time, battery, and more.
- Only operates in the United States
- Android and iOS apps are provided
4. Veriot Venture Smart Tracker
This is an all-in-one tracker that can be used in different ways. Not just as a car tracking device for parents, you can also use it to track your valuables, any package, pets, and more.
- Since it has its own battery (that runs for 5 days), you can simply attach it to any object in order to track it.
- You can track the real-time location of your kids, pets, valuables, etc.
- It doesn’t have advanced features like speed detection or driving lessons
- Only one-time purchase has to be made
- Track the vehicle on its Android or iOS app
5. Vyncs Smart GPS Tracker
If your kids have recently learned how to drive, then this car tracking device for parents will certainly come as a big relief. Once you have installed the system, you would be able to track its exact location remotely on your phone.
- It supports live location tracking in 38 countries so far.
- You can track multiple vehicles in one place.
- It can also help you monitor the driving speed and other important features.
- It will instantly notify you if the vehicle is being tampered with.
- Fuel and battery reporting is also provided
- Lifetime warranty
6. Optimus 2.0 GPS Tracker
This is one of the most advanced vehicle tracking tools available in the market. It has a powerful GPS tracker. An extended magnet-based unit can even let you know if there is any other package placed in the car or not.
- It has an accurate vehicle tracking features and interface integration with Google Maps
- You can also set geofences for the vehicle.
- There is an emergency SOS feature included
- Get to know the speed of the car, harsh driving, and more
- You can fetch historic data about the routes they have visited
- Only works in the US as of now
- iOS and Android apps available
7. Spy Tec STI GL300 Mini Portable GPS Tracker
This is a portable car tracking device for parents that will help you in different scenarios. It can be used to track vehicles, valuables, pets, and even people.
- Track any vehicle on a real-time basis (integrated with Google maps)
- It will inform you if the vehicle leaves a restricted area.
- Extremely lightweight (8 ounces) so that you can keep it hidden in your car
- Remote tracking is provided via phone or PC
8. ABLEGRID GT001 Magnetic Small GPS Tracker
If you don’t want to go through the hassle of using USB devices, then you can try this battery operated car tracking device for parents. It can go on for weeks after a full charge and let you track the live location of the vehicle.
- It has a 3300 mAh battery that can last for 2 weeks.
- Simply place it in the car and start tracking it remotely
- Integrated with Google Maps
- Comes with a lifetime warranty
- You can’t track other features of the car like its idle time, battery, etc.
9. VIFLYKOO Waterproof Magnetic Mini Tracker
Without paying any monthly fee, you can use this excellent car tracking device for parents. Just install it once and start obtaining the exact location if your car.
- It has a 12000mAh battery that can easily last a month on a full charge.
- The tracking history for the last three months is provided.
- You can remotely track the vehicle via its app, website, or message alerts
- Details about the car’s speed, low battery, routes, power off, etc. are also provided
- Apps for iOS and Android
10. Amcrest AM-GL300 V3 Portable Tracker for Vehicles
Long-lasting and durable, this car tracking device for parents will certainly be of a great use to you. Apart from tracking the real-time location of the vehicle, you can also know about its speed and health as well.
- It comes with a heavy-duty waterproof case.
- After a full charge, it lasts for around 2 weeks.
- You can create a restricted area and set geofences on it.
- iOS and Android apps are available
- Comes with a lifetime warranty
Now when you know about some of the best car tracking devices for parents, you can certainly pick the most preferred option. With these trackers, you can always keep an eye on your kids, know their whereabouts, and even monitor the speed of their vehicle. If you think that there’s any other car tracking device for parents that should be on our list then let us know about it in the comments below.
- Parental Controls
- 1.1 Baby Monitor
- 1.2 Monitor Child's iPhone
- 1.3 Check Private Browsing History on Android
- 1.4 Check Your Child's Online Web Browser History
- 1.5 Free Parental Control Apps for Android
- 1.6 Best Parental Control Apps
- 1.7 Set Parental Control on YouTube
- 1.8 Best iOS Parental Control Apps
- 1.9 iPhone Spyware Detection and Removal
- 1.10 Parental Control Apps for Cell Phone Monitoring
- 1.11 Parental Control Routers
- 1.12 Snapchat Parental Control
- Mobile Tracker
- 2.1 Android GPS Tracking Apps
- 2.2 Child GPS Tracking Devices
- 2.3 GPS Tracking Device for Kids
- 2.4 Find Someone's Location on Facebook
- 2.5 See someone’s Location on iPhone
- 2.6 How to Track a Phone Number
- 2.7 Cell Phone Tracker by Number
- 2.8 Best GPS Phone Tracker
- 2.9 Find Real Time Location of a Mobile Phone
- 2.10 Find Your Lost Android Phone
- 2.11 Share Location Between iPhone and Android
- 2.12 Track a Cell Phone Location for Free
- 2.13 Track A Person's Location
- 2.14 How to Track Your Kid's iPhone
- 2.15 If Your Phone is Being Monitored?
- 2.16 How Do I Stop Someone Tracking My iPhone?
- 2.17 Which Websites Are Visited?
- Block Apps & Sites
- 3.1 Best Ad Blocker Apps
- 3.2 Porn Blocker App to Block Porn
- 3.3 Block Porn on Android
- 3.4 Block a Phone Number on iPhone
- 3.5 Block Porn on iPhone
- 3.6 How to Block Porn Sites
- 3.7 Block Websites on Android Phone
- 3.8 Block Text Messages on Android and iPhone
- 3.9 Block Websites on Android Chrome
- 3.10 Porn Blocking Apps for Parents
- 3.11 Free website blocker apps and chrome extension