How to Use Router to Monitor Which Websites Are Visited
We live in an age where the internet rules and controls pretty much everything in our lives. Everybody in our lives, from our children, our partners and our employees all use the internet on a daily basis, but this, of course, doesn’t come without its problems.
Perhaps your children are accessing pornography on their devices? Maybe your partner is addicted to online gambling or messaging people they shouldn’t be? In some cases, your employees may be slacking off at work and are accessing content they shouldn’t be while they’re on the clock.
Whatever the problem you may be facing, the best way to approach it is to get proof, so you know for sure. Today, we’re going to teach you everything you need to know.
Can a Wi-Fi Owner See What Websites I Visit?
Asking yourself whether someone can see what sites I visit on wifi?
In short, the answer is Yes; they can see what sites I visit on wifi. While many websites and services offer data encryption services to protect your data, this isn’t always as secure as you might think. For example, if you’re reading an email, looking at a picture or reading an article, the Wi-Fi will not be able to see the type of content that you’re consuming.
However, they will be able to see the IP addresses and the URLs of the websites that you’ve been visiting, so this is the information they’ll need to see what content you’re accessing. For example, while they won’t be able to see the porn video you’re watching, they’ll be able to see which page you were on, so can find out easily.
This is all possible through a wifi history viewer, or you can simply check router history yourself on your computer.
How to Use Router to Monitor Which Websites are Visited?
Below, we’ll show you just how easy it is to find out which websites are being visited through the router that you have on your property by checking your route history. Please note, however, the steps may vary depending on the make and model of the router you’re using, but this will typically be just a change in the option titles or layout of the interface.
Step #1 - Open your internet browser on your computer and type in your IP address. This will be an 8-digit number in the format of ‘000.000.0.0’. You can find this by referring to the manual of your router to begin to check router history.
Step #2 - You’ll now find yourself on the dashboard of your router. This is where it depends on what router you have. Start by signing in using your admin credentials. These can be found in your manual or on the base of your device to start checking your router history.
Step #3 - On the homepage of your router dashboard, find the log settings, wifi history viewer or activity history option. For example, if you’re using a NetGear router, you can use the wifi history viewer settings to find the router history in the Logs section on the left-hand side.
On the other hand, if you’re using a Linksys router, you’ll need to make sure the Logging option is enabled, which will then activate the View setting for seeing the browser history.
That’s all it takes to start to check router history of your property, home or business.
How to Monitor Which Websites are Visited Using FamiSafe
If the people in your property mainly use their mobile devices, such as their iOS phones, iPads, Android phones or Android tablets, there is another option available to you; FamiSafe.
Some of the key features that FamiSafe can provide you includes;
- Track the device in real-time using the integrated GPS technology
- See all device location history
- Set up custom geofenced areas for custom location notifications
- Actively block access to certain websites
- View all browsing history accessed through the device
- Set up custom device usage schedules
- Block and unblock access to certain applications
This is a complete mobile tracking and monitoring application that can be easily installed on someone’s device and will provide you all the information and features you need to monitor somebody’s internet activity. You can even see what sites I visit on wifi.
Here’s how to use it.
Step #1 - Install FamiSafe on both parent and kid's phones.
Step #2 - Register a FamiSafe account inside the App. You may register on either your phone or your kid's phone. The same account is applicable to both devices.
Step #3 - Connect and monitor kid's phone from parent's phone using Famisafe.
Step #4 - FamiSafe is the most reliable reliable parental control app for location tracking, app blocking, web filtering, screen time control and more. You can start your tracking now!
Step #5 - Using the navigation menu on the left-hand side, scroll down the Web History option and click it. This will show you up to date information on all the internet websites that the device has been visiting so you’ll know exactly what sites have been accessed.
Protect Your Children with FamiSafe
As you can see, FamiSafe is a feature-rich application that can help you to protect your children from the dangers that can come with using a modern-day device, such as an iPhone or Android phone.
This is because you’ll be able to make sure that they’re not accessing content that they shouldn’t be accessing, and if they are then you’ll have the ability to block them. If you feel like your child is using their device too much, you can use the blocking and scheduling features to make sure that they are limited to the amount of time they are spending on it.
When your children are out and about, you can also use the location tracking features to make sure that they are always in a safe place and somewhere they should be, rather than somewhere dangerous. To make sure they don’t leave the safe location, or to receive a notification as soon as they do, you can use the geofencing feature.
It goes without saying that although the dangers of technology and the internet have never been rifer, there has never been a better selection of tools to help you take control.
Whether your loved ones or employees are using a mobile or computer device, you can have complete control over the content they’re accessing to ensure that everything stays safe and secure in your world by viewing your router history.
- Parental Controls
- 1.1 Baby Monitor
- 1.2 Monitor Child's iPhone
- 1.3 Check Private Browsing History on Android
- 1.4 Check Your Child's Online Web Browser History
- 1.5 Free Parental Control Apps for Android
- 1.6 Best Parental Control Apps
- 1.7 Set Parental Control on YouTube
- 1.8 Best iOS Parental Control Apps
- 1.9 iPhone Spyware Detection and Removal
- 1.10 Parental Control Apps for Cell Phone Monitoring
- 1.11 Parental Control Routers
- 1.12 Snapchat Parental Control
- Mobile Tracker
- 2.1 Android GPS Tracking Apps
- 2.2 Child GPS Tracking Devices
- 2.3 GPS Tracking Device for Kids
- 2.4 Find Someone's Location on Facebook
- 2.5 See someone’s Location on iPhone
- 2.6 How to Track a Phone Number
- 2.7 Cell Phone Tracker by Number
- 2.8 Best GPS Phone Tracker
- 2.9 Find Real Time Location of a Mobile Phone
- 2.10 Find Your Lost Android Phone
- 2.11 Share Location Between iPhone and Android
- 2.12 Track a Cell Phone Location for Free
- 2.13 Track A Person's Location
- 2.14 How to Track Your Kid's iPhone
- 2.15 If Your Phone is Being Monitored?
- 2.16 How Do I Stop Someone Tracking My iPhone?
- 2.17 Which Websites Are Visited?
- Block Apps & Sites
- 3.1 Best Ad Blocker Apps
- 3.2 Porn Blocker App to Block Porn
- 3.3 Block Porn on Android
- 3.4 Block a Phone Number on iPhone
- 3.5 Block Porn on iPhone
- 3.6 How to Block Porn Sites
- 3.7 Block Websites on Android Phone
- 3.8 Block Text Messages on Android and iPhone
- 3.9 Block Websites on Android Chrome
- 3.10 Porn Blocking Apps for Parents
- 3.11 Free website blocker apps and chrome extension