How to Block a Website on Internet Explorer
block a website on internet explorer
- Web Content Blocking
- Block Porn Websites
- Best Porn Blocking Apps 2018
- Block Porn on iPhone
- Block Porn Sites
- Porn Blocking Software for Parents
- Block Porn on Android
- Block Porn on Kid's Cell Phone
- Block Porn on Your Kid's Phone
- New Porn Blocking App for Parents 2018
- Block All Porn Sites on Your Phone
- Porn Sites not Blocked by Opendns - Parents Should Know
- Block Porn on Computer
- Block an App from Accessing the Internet
- Block Adult Content on Android
- Block Adult Content on Youtube
- 3 Methods to Block Adult Websites
- Block Adult Sites on Kid's Cell Phone Phone
- Block Websites on Chrome
- Best Parental Control to Block Social Media and Distracting Websites
- Keep Your Family Safe Online
- Block Certain Websites on iPhone
- Block Websites on Mac
- Block a Website on Safari
- Block All Game Sites on Your Kid's Cell Phone
- Block Websites on Firefox
- Block Certain Websites on Kid's Cell Phone
- How Do You Block a Website on Kid's iPhone
- Block a Website on Internet Explorer
- FamiSafe WebFilter - Block All Porn/Sex Sites
- The Best Website Blocker and Internet Restriction Apps
- How Can Parents Block Specific Websites from Children
- Best Internet Filters and Website Blocking Software 2018
- Permanently Block A Website
- Best Website Blockers For Studying
- Block Websites on Windows 7
- Block Websites on Computer
- Block Inappropriate Websites on My Kid's Phone
- Block Websites on iPad
- Temporarily Block Distracting Websites
- Block Websites for a Period of Time
- Block Someone on Whatsapp
- Child Monitoring
- Internet Filter
- Something You Must Know about Content Filtering
- Barracuda Web Filter Review
- DNS Content Filtering for Kids
- Use URL Filtering to Protect Website
- Best Web Filter Solutions
- Fortiguard Web Filtering Review
- How to Filter A website on Chrome
- Top 5 Content Blockers for iPhone
- All Need to Know about Parental Control Internet
- How to Block Internet Access
- Top 5 iOS Content Blockers
- Content Blockers for Samsung & iPhone
- How to Block Websites on Internet Explorer
- How to Block A Program from Accessing Internet
- Methods for Free Internet Protection
- How to Do Free Web Protection
- 5 Best Website Blocker Softwares
- How to Set Parental Bolck on Kids' Phone
How to Block a Website on Internet Explorer
Are you suspicious about malicious activity on certain websites, or concerned about the online content your kids are watching? Well, these are matters to distraught one, especially if children spend a considerable amount of time on the Internet, isn't it? You wouldn't be comfortable if they end up downloading any inappropriate content by visiting the website.
So, if you are a parent of growing kids, then, read more to learn some incisive ways to overcome such issues and ways to block certain websites that are inappropriate for your kids.
How to block a website on Internet Explorer
As you are one of those who wants to block certain websites on Internet Explorer, this illustration will explain the way it can be done fast and easily. The process of blocking the website on Internet Explorer is easy if you follow the steps by step guide below:
Blocking Websites on the Browser itself-Using a Microsoft Account
This method differs with the different versions of Operating Systems. For Windows 7 and older version skip to Step 6. For Windows 8 and above, start from step 1.
Locate the Control Panel on Win 10 or search for Family Settings on Win 8.
Once you are on the Control Panel or Options menu, go to User accounts. Select Create or Add an account. This will be the child's account you want to block websites for.
After creating an account, specifically for the child or if for another parent if you desire, click on the “ Manage Settings on the Family Safety website ” option. You will be redirected to your account to Sign in.
After signing in, manage the safety options for browsing. The pages may look different for both Win 8 and Win 10. For Win 8, go to “ Web Filtering ” and for Win 10 go to “ Content Restrictions ”. After this, the options are almost similar.
In this option, select and add to either allow a site or block it. You may add the site by inserting the URL. For stricter browsing, you may add some sites and click to check the “ Allow only these websites ” option, to block any other sites. When done you may close the window as the settings are automatically saved.
For Older Versions of Windows and Internet Explorer - Using the Program/Browser settings
Launch Internet Explorer.
On the menu bar, click on “ Tools ” and select “ Internet Options ”
A dialogue box will be opened, select the Content tab. On the content option, click “ Enable ” on the Content Advisor.
Another dialogue box will be launched. Now, click on “ Approved Sites ” and to block sites, start by typing an asterisk (*) in front of the address of the website.
Select “ Never ” then click OK. For more personalized settings, click on the General tab and select “ Users can see websites that have no ratings ”. Then add a password and click “ Ok ” to surf the web.
Thus, following the above method, you can make sure that the particular website mentioned by you stays blocked and is not accessed by anyone, especially the children in the family.
So, wasn't blocking websites on Internet Explorer quite easy?
How to block certain websites on a cell phone
How to block a website on Internet Explorer has been elaborated in the previous sections of the article. However, if you are wondering if there a way to do something similar on smartphones, then the answer is a definite Yes! Since smartphones are gadgets that most people use for web browsing, downloading online content or visiting social media, it is imperative for you to know how to block content even on mobile devices.
Well, you would be glad to know that to enforce parental control on a smartphone there exists an efficient tool called FamiSafe which is dedicated to providing the best Parental Control support.
You can use FamiSafe to block certain specific websites on cell phones. It is an efficient and reliable software with lovable features and I bet most of you will use it for a long time to come. As a parental control software, you are sure to get the best out of it and monitor your child and their browsing activities.
Key Features for FamiSafe Parental Control includes:
- Real-time Location Tracking & Geo-fencing
- App Blocker & Activity Monitor
- Web Browser Monitoring and Content Filtering
- Screen Time Tracking and Control
- Flexible Remote Control & Personalization Setting
How to Block Websites Using FemiSafe
In order to understand the process with which you can block the websites using FamiSafe, just follow the steps mentioned below one by one:
First of all, you need to download FamiSafe, install and launch the software on both the parent's and child's mobile.
After that create an account on either of the phones, the same credentials will work for both parent's as well as child's device.
Configure your options, whether you want to use it as the administrator (parent) or select it for use by the child.
Add your device whether Android or iOS and make the on-screen settings on both the parent's and child's mobile.
On kid's device- enter the details as Age, Name > then Accept to grant permission to FamiSafe and set as Child Account.
On parent's device -Simply log in to the account and set as Parent account and after that, you need to connect it to the child's device. The parent will have parental control over the child's device.
As now connection is made up, you will be provided with Web Filter feature. Using this option, you may choose what items or content you want to block. You can block them category wise like Automotive, Business etc.
Now, under the Web Filter feature, you have an option to make an “ Exception ”. Simply click on “ Add Exception ” option. This is where you either block or allow a site. You can do this by adding the website address you want to allow or block and then Press the “ Save ” button.
When all is done, you may opt to configure the settings to whether you may receive notifications to “ Websites that trigger restrictions ”, in the settings menu.
Note that you may also block social media apps to restrict browsing. There you can specify the timing of blocking, such as mention the Start and End time.
Finally, you can also wish to add more devices if need be.
Once set, parents can restrict child's access to inappropriate websites and apps, lock games and other apps during breaks and study time.
Blocking a website on Internet Explorer is easy if you carefully follow the steps outlined above. We have also explained in detail how to block certain websites even on mobile phones for your kid's safety. Thus, for mobile phones, we highly recommend the use of FamiSafe software as it comes many more fantastic perks. FamiSafe is compatible with all cell phone devices whether it is Android or iOS, download it today for a free trial and see the difference for yourself.