Blocking Porns or Gambling Sites
Jun 25, 2021 Filed to: Internet Filter Proven solutions
Before giving an iPhone or iPad to your kids, there are certain things that you should take care of. For instance, your kids can use their iOS device in the wrong way and access inappropriate websites behind your back. Therefore, you should block websites on the iPhone beforehand. Thankfully, there are plenty of ways to block certain websites on the iPhone. You can use its native features or any third-party tool as well. In this guide, we will teach you how to block sites on iPhone in 5 different ways.
To make things easier for you, we have come up with 5 different ways to block websites on iPhone and iPad.
FamiSafe is an advanced parental control and monitoring tool that can help you track your kid's smartphone activity. You can also set restrictions on the device. If the target device is an Android, then you even schedule restrictions and block any app remotely. Though, you would have to access it beforehand. If you are using FamiSafe on an iOS device, then you can monitor the device usage without even accessing it once. Also, you don't need to jailbreak the device or go through any unwanted process. All you need to do is follow these steps:
1. To start with, go to App Store or Google Play to download and install FamiSafe on both parent's and kid's cell phones.
2. Register a FamiSafe account within the App. You may register on either your phone or your kid's phone. The same account is applicable to both devices.
3. Make some settings on both Kid's and parent's phones.
4. Connect and monitor kid's phones from the parent's phones using Famisafe. FamiSafe is the most reliable parental control app for location tracking, app blocking, web filtering, screen time control, and more. You can start your control now!
5. Now, you can just visit FamiSafe's dashboard remotely from any computer or smartphone. From the control panel, you can access all of its features. For instance, you can get a detailed view of the browsing history of the device as well. Additionally, you can block their access to any website from here.
If you don't want to use any third-party app to block certain websites on iPhone or iPad, then you can use its native feature. To add restrictions on iPhone, follow these steps:
1. Unlock the iOS device and go to its Settings > General > Restrictions.
2. Tap on "Enable Restrictions" and set up a 4-digit PIN to protect the restricted content.
3. Under Restrictions, you can find different options. Tap on "Websites" to, block websites on iPhone or iPad.
4. From here, you can limit any content (e.g. Limit Adult) to block certain websites (adult) from your iOS device automatically.
5. Also, you can manually add websites that you wish to block. Under the "Never Allow" section, you can add the website URL to block it.
In this way, you can block certain websites from an iOS device and use the automatic block feature as well.
If you are looking for a simple, free, and easy to use solution to block websites on iPhone, then you should try Refrain. This is a third-party iOS app that can easily block the provided website URLs from the phone. Though, it comes with a catch. Even after when you block certain websites on an iOS device using Refrain, your kids can just uninstall the app and surpass the restrictions. Though, if you are able to keep an eye on them, then you should use this app to block sites on the iPhone for sure.
1. Unlock the device and go to the App Store to download Refrain. It is compatible with all the devices running on iOS 10.0 and later versions.
2. Once the app is installed, launch it. Tap on the "Distracting Site List" option.
3. Here, you can simply add the websites that you wish to block. To block sites on iPhone, just save your changes.
4. If you want to set a blocking schedule, then you can go to the "Extras" option. Though, you would have to pay $0.99 to access the extra features.
This third-party iOS app certainly lives up to its name. You can simply include the websites that you wish to block with this user-friendly app. When you block certain websites on the app, the user won't be able to access them on Safari. Though, just like Refrain, your kids can remove restrictions by uninstalling the tap. Nevertheless, you can block websites on iPhone using Site Blocker in no time.
1. First of all, visit the App Store and download Site Blocker on your device. Freely available, it is compatible with all iOS devices running on iOS 10.3 and later versions.
2. Now, you just have to provide the website URLs that you wish to block and add them to the block list.
3. You can further go to its settings to access its advanced features. For instance, you can set up a schedule or a timer for the website blocking.
If nothing else would seem to work, then you can also block certain websites from the network or router settings as well. Though, the restriction would only work when the device is connected to the Wifi network. They can still access the blocked websites by using mobile data. Also, the websites would be blocked on all the devices that are connected to the network.
Nevertheless, this is a free solution to block sites on iPhones. From Netgear to Cisco and D-Link to TP-Link, every router provides a seamless way to block certain websites. You can simply visit the router setting by using your credentials. Later, you can provide the website URLs (and the keywords) that you wish to block.
After following these solutions, you would certainly be able to block websites on iPhone without any hassle. Though, FamiSafe provides the best way to block sites on the iPhone and comes with tons of amazing features. A highly useful parental control and monitoring tool, it will certainly come handy to you on numerous occasions. Feel free to create your FamiSafe account to further explore its features.
children's online privacy
Internet Protection for Kids
Inappropriate Websites to Block for Kids