How To Block Websites On Windows 7?
The Internet is a virtual world of information. It has so many things to offer that sometimes we get carried away without using our senses. The uncountable websites provide legal and illegal information which we are unable to differentiate. The possibilities of the internet are infinite, but we must know which information is actually useful for us. The undesirable contents can be easily avoided by blocking the websites on our PC. This article will guide you on how to block websites on Windows 7.
3 Methods to block websites on Windows 7
There are a lot of reasons behind blocking websites. Sometimes parents block websites to restrict the contents for their kids. There are many adult sites, casino sites which can be objectionable and not apt for the kids. Many times the reason might be the illegal contents and viruses prevailing through a certain website. There are some websites which spread malware simply by clicking on them. Website contents and social media can be a major distraction for at the workplaces. Thus for industrial and official zones, websites are restricted to buck up the employee's working potentiality and avoid wastage of time.
Here are 3 easy methods on how to block websites on Windows 7;
#1 Add to restricted sites on Chrome
Adding restricted sites on Chrome are one of the easiest methods to block websites on your Windows PC. Irrespective of what versions of Windows you use, if you are using Chrome, you may follow the below simple steps;
- Click on Google Chrome settings. Scroll to the advanced settings
- Under the system tab, click on open proxy settings
- Click on the Security Tab and select the Restricted Sites.
- Click on sites that you want to restrict.
- In the dialog box, you can enter the URLs of the sites that you want to restrict. Click on Add button.
The downside of these settings is that it is not password protected and anyone can change the settings.
#2 Block websites by editing Windows Host
Blocking the websites by windows host method is one of the most popular ways to block websites. You can edit the windows host file to block the websites for the Chrome browser. Here is how to block Websites on Windows 7;
- Click on the Start Menu
- Type in the search box C:\Windows\system32\drivers\etc
- Right-click on the Host and open it on the Notepad
- You need to type the following at the bottom of the document -127.0.0.1 along with a space followed by the URL of the websites that you want to block.
- For example, if you want to block Twitter, you have to type 127.0.0.1 Twitter.com. you cannot use HTTP or www with the URL that you have entered.
- There is no limit to the number of URLs you want to block.
- Make sure that the URLs are entered in separate lines and you save the document before closing them.
- Restart your computer and search for the blocked site. You will notice that they won’t open any more.
#3 Use Parental Control Software
The Parental Control Software’s are among the most secure way to block the websites on your windows and simultaneously keep an eye on your children. There is various software which you can download from the Google app or iTunes. They are easy to use and highly customizable as well.
Some of the popular parental control software is;
- Net Nanny
- Kidslox Parental Control
- And many more
FamiSafe - The Best Parental Control for Website Filter
Due to the open Internet access, it has become very difficult to monitor the screen time of the children. The Internet is a magical world of resources which provides information on all types of contents. While there are knowledgeable contents, you cannot deny the fact that there are websites which are objectionable to the kids as well. So how can you control your children from not watching adult sites, casino sites and many other obscene sites?
Well, Famisafe is an amazing Parental control site which can help you from keeping an eye on your kids. You can not only track the browser history but also restrict the websites which you do not want your child to view.
Features of Famisafe
Apart from keeping an eye on the screen time, you can use Famisafe to track the activities of the child. You can track the real-time location of your child at any time and keep them away from any potential risks.
Famisafe is a helpful parental control site that knows the concern of every parent. It helps in blocking apps, and websites from a child's PC. Now your kids are safe to view website contents without any signs of objectionable web contents.
Geo-Fencing is an amazing feature of FamiSafe. You can mark the safe place on the app. The app will automatically track your child and set an alarm if they are out of the fenced area. This feature helps in sturdy monitoring of your child throughout the day. The app informs you of every detail about your child, irrespective of where you are.
Sometimes, parents feel that they have restricted objectionable websites and applications on the child’s mobile or PC. However, there are chances that you have overlooked a few applications. Famisafe allows you to check the browser history and block the websites or apps once again.
Famisafe is an interesting parental app that will provide you with several customized setting to keep parental control over your child. Once you download the app, you will find it very easy to use.
- Parental Controls
- 1.1 Baby Monitor
- 1.2 Monitor Child's iPhone
- 1.3 Check Private Browsing History on Android
- 1.4 Check Your Child's Online Web Browser History
- 1.5 Free Parental Control Apps for Android
- 1.6 Best Parental Control Apps
- 1.7 Set Parental Control on YouTube
- 1.8 Best iOS Parental Control Apps
- 1.9 iPhone Spyware Detection and Removal
- 1.10 Parental Control Apps for Cell Phone Monitoring
- 1.11 Parental Control Routers
- 1.12 Snapchat Parental Control
- Mobile Tracker
- 2.1 Android GPS Tracking Apps
- 2.2 Child GPS Tracking Devices
- 2.3 GPS Tracking Device for Kids
- 2.4 Find Someone's Location on Facebook
- 2.5 See someone’s Location on iPhone
- 2.6 How to Track a Phone Number
- 2.7 Cell Phone Tracker by Number
- 2.8 Best GPS Phone Tracker
- 2.9 Find Real Time Location of a Mobile Phone
- 2.10 Find Your Lost Android Phone
- 2.11 Share Location Between iPhone and Android
- 2.12 Track a Cell Phone Location for Free
- 2.13 Track A Person's Location
- 2.14 How to Track Your Kid's iPhone
- 2.15 If Your Phone is Being Monitored?
- 2.16 How Do I Stop Someone Tracking My iPhone?
- 2.17 Which Websites Are Visited?
- Block Apps & Sites
- 3.1 Best Ad Blocker Apps
- 3.2 Porn Blocker App to Block Porn
- 3.3 Block Porn on Android
- 3.4 Block a Phone Number on iPhone
- 3.5 Block Porn on iPhone
- 3.6 How to Block Porn Sites
- 3.7 Block Websites on Android Phone
- 3.8 Block Text Messages on Android and iPhone
- 3.9 Block Websites on Android Chrome
- 3.10 Porn Blocking Apps for Parents
- 3.11 Free website blocker apps and chrome extension