How to Use the Parental Controls in Windows 10
windows 10 parental controls
If you are giving your kids access to use a Windows system, then take a step back and read this guide beforehand. Without any restrictions, your kids can access inappropriate content on the web and can get addicted to internet as well. Therefore, it is of utmost importance that you set Windows parental controls on the computer first. In this way, you can share your computer with your kids and keep a strict eye on their activity as well. Read on and learn how to use Windows 10 parental controls in a step by step manner.
What can Windows 10 parental controls do for you?
It might surprise you, but Microsoft has certainly done a commendable job with Windows 10 parental controls. Parents can create a separate account for their kids and monitor their activity without any trouble. The Windows parental controls can help you in the following way:
- You can set up different accounts for your kids and monitor their activity with your administrator account.
- Monitor their internet activity and browsing history
- Block any website or app of your choice
- Access their email account and include it to the parental control settings
- Give them the selected privileges to access the system
- Set time limits to access the system
- Set purchase and spending limits
- Setup Xbox parental control settings as well
How to Use the Parental Controls in Windows 10?
If you are new to Windows 10 parental controls, then you need to take a stepwise approach. Before you start, make sure that you have a Microsoft account. If you don’t have one, then you can create it as well. After that, you first need to set up the Windows parental control on the system by making a different account for your child. Later, you can enable the restrictions. To learn how to use the Windows 10 parental controls, follow this stepwise approach.
Step 1: Step up Windows parental controls account
First of all, you need to enable Windows 10 parental controls and add your child’s account.
- Go to your system’s Settings and click on the “Accounts” option. Make sure you are logged-in as an administrator.
- From the left panel, go to the “Family & other people” option and choose to add a family member.
- Select whether you wish to add an adult or a child account and continue.
- Provide crucial details related to their email id, birth date, etc. Also, set up a password for their account.
- To proceed with the setup, you can simply customize their online experience.
- Just re-enter the password and sign-in to the account to complete the setup.
- In the end, you can just select how you want your child to use the Microsoft account online.
- Once the setup is completed, you will be notified.
Step 2: Enable parental control settings
Now when you have added your child’s account to Window parental control, you can easily customize the settings.
- After adding your child’s account to your family, you can simply personalize the Windows 10 parental control settings. Go to the Windows family control website and log-in with your Microsoft account. If you want, you can also access these features from your system settings as well.
- Under the “Family & other users” section, you can now view the account of your child that you have just added. To enable Windows 10 parental controls, click on the “Manage family settings” button.
- Firstly, turn on the option for “Activity reporting”. In this way, you can get a weekly alert for their activity on your mail.
- On the side, you can view various options for Windows parental controls related to website blocking, purchasing, screen time, etc.
- When you click on the “Website browsing” feature, you will get a detailed view of the browsing history. From here, you can block any website as well.
- Under the same section, there is also an option to block inappropriate content automatically. Simply turn it on.
- You can also manually enter the website URLs that you wish to block (or allow) from here.
- Furthermore, you can go to the “Apps, games & media” to set up more restrictions. From here as well, you can automatically block inappropriate content.
- Also, you can provide a certain age for app and media download.
- To enable time-based restrictions on the computer, go to the “Screen Time” option and turn it on.
- After that, you can just specify the time duration for the system usage on all days.
- In the end, you can go to the “Purchase & Spending” option to limit their purchases.
- Also, you can restrict how they access content on their linked Xbox account as well.
That’s it! By following these steps, you can set Windows 10 parental controls and provide a nurturing environment for your kids.
FamiSafe: The best phone parental control and monitoring tool
While Windows parental controls will let you monitor the way your kids access their computers, they can still have an uncontrolled access to their smartphone. To resolve this, you can take the assistance of FamiSafe. It is a complete mobile parental control and monitoring tool that will certainly help you on numerous occasions. Not just to monitor your child’s activity, you can also restrict the way they use their smartphones. To monitor an iPhone, you don’t even have to access it once. Though, you would have to access the Android device once to install the tracking app on it.
- FamiSafe can track the real-time location of a device so that you can know the exact whereabouts of your kids.
- Also, you can access their past location history and set up geofences as well.
- Remotely block or unblock any website or app
- Schedule time-based restrictions on the target device
- Access a detailed browsing history of the device with respective timestamps.
- No need to root or jailbreak the target device
- Monitor all the details remotely via any device of your choice
Now when you know how to setup Windows 10 parental controls, you can easily monitor the way your kids access the computer. Furthermore, you can try FamiSafe to control and monitor the way your kids use their smartphones. It is a remarkable parental control and monitoring tool that will certainly help you provide a nurturing environment for your kids.
- Parental Controls
- How to Put a Parental Block on iPhone
- How to Put a Parental Block on Android
- How to Put a Parental Block on iPad
- How to Block Apps on iPhone
- How to Block Facebook Apps
- How to Block Apps on iPad
- How to Block Whatspp on Kid's Phone
- How to Block People on WhatsApp
- How to Block or Unblock WhatsApp Contacts on iPhone
- How to Know If Someone Blocked You on WhatsApp
- What Happens When You Block Someone on WhatsApp
- How to Block a Number on Whatsapp
- How to Block a Contact on WhatsApp
- Best Parental Control App to Lock Your Kid's Smartphone
- How to Lock Your Kids Phones or Tablets with FamiSafe Remotely
- Parental Controls Tips & Tricks
- 10 Parenting Tips to Calm Down Kids in a Minute
- 10 Parenting Tips to Deal With a Naughty Child
- 10 Types of Child Behavior That Are Dangerous to Ignore
- 10 Proven Ways to Stop Your Child from Lying
- 10 Important Things Your Child Should Learn by Age 10
- 10 Things Parents Should Never Do for Their Kids
- How To Answer the Most Difficult Children's Questions
- 18 Questions That Could Save Your Child’s Life
- If You Get This Message, Your Child Is in Danger
- 10 Things You Should Never Forbid Children from Doing
- 10 Things You Should Never Say to Children
- 10 Habits That Can Ruin Both Parent's and Kids' Lives
- 6 Child Behavior Problems That Are Parents’ Fault
- 10 Basic Tips on How to Protect Your Child
- 10 PARENTING MISTAKES WE SHOULD AVOID
- 5 Questions You Should Ask Children Every Day
- 11 Phrases Every Child Needs to Hear from Parents
- 10 Things You Should Never Say to Teens
- 10 Things Every Dad Should Teach His Son
- Best Solutions to Help You Deal with Out of Control Kids
- How to Control Anger with Kids
- Teaching Your Children Self-Control
- Keeping Your Child Safe on the Internet
- Keep Your Kids Safe Online with These Tips
- FamiSafe Shares 10 Ways to Keep Your Home Safe
- TeenSafe Drive - How to Set Speed Limit
- FamiSafe Alternative
- Kids Place Parental Control Review
- SecureTeen Parental Control Review
- Screen Time Parental Control Review
- Kids Zone Parental Control Review
- Launcher & Home screen for kids Review
- Kidslox Parental Control Review
- Qustodio Parental Control Review
- FamilyTime Parental Controls Review
- Heimdall Parental Control Review
- OurPact – Parental Control Review
- Parental Control Kroha. Doctor Komarovskiy Review
- SafeKiddo Parental Control Review
- Safe Family - Parental Control Review
- Norton Family Premier Review
- ESET Parental Control Review
- Net Nanny Review
- Lock2Learn Parental Control Review
- My Mobile Watchdog Parental Control Review
- MMGuardian Review