How to Use the Parental Controls in Windows 10?
How to set windows 10 parental controls?
- YouTube Parental Controls
- Snapchat Parental Controls
If you are giving your kids access to use a Windows system, then take a step back and read this guide beforehand. Without any restrictions, your kids can access inappropriate content on the web and can get addicted to the internet as well. Therefore, it is of utmost importance that you set Windows parental controls on the computer first. In this way, you can share your computer with your kids and keep a strict eye on their activity as well. Read on and learn how to use Windows 10 parental controls in a step by step manner.
What can Windows 10 parental controls do for you?
It might surprise you, but Microsoft has certainly done a commendable job with Windows 10 parental controls. Parents can create a separate account for their kids and monitor their activity without any trouble. The Windows parental controls can help you in the following way:
- You can set up different accounts for your kids and monitor their activity with your administrator account.
- Monitor their internet activity and browsing history
- Block any website or app of your choice
- Access their email account and include it to the parental control settings
- Give them the selected privileges to access the system
- Set time limits to access the system
- Set purchase and spending limits
- Setup Xbox parental control settings as well
How do I set up parental controls on Windows 10?
If you are new to Windows 10 parental controls, then you need to take a stepwise approach. Before you start, make sure that you have a Microsoft account. If you don't have one, then you can create it as well. After that, you first need to set up the Windows parental control on the system by making a different account for your child. Later, you can enable the restrictions. To learn how to use the Windows 10 parental controls, follow this stepwise approach.
Step 1: Step up Windows parental controls account
First of all, you need to enable Windows 10 parental controls and add your child's account.
- Go to your system's Settings and click on the "Accounts" option. Make sure you are logged-in as an administrator.
- From the left panel, go to the "Family & other people" option and choose to add a family member.
- Select whether you wish to add an adult or a child account and continue.
- Provide crucial details related to their email id, birth date, etc. Also, set up a password for their account.
- To proceed with the setup, you can simply customize their online experience.
- Just re-enter the password and sign-in to the account to complete the setup.
- In the end, you can just select how you want your child to use the Microsoft account online.
- Once the setup is completed, you will be notified.
Step 2: Enable parental control settings
Now when you have added your child's account to Window parental control, you can easily customize the settings.
- After adding your child's account to your family, you can simply personalize the Windows 10 parental control settings. Go to the Windows family control website and log-in with your Microsoft account. If you want, you can also access these features from your system settings as well.
- Under the "Family & other users" section, you can now view the account of your child that you have just added. To enable Windows 10 parental controls, click on the "Manage family settings" button.
- Firstly, turn on the option for "Activity reporting". In this way, you can get a weekly alert for their activity on your mail.
- On the side, you can view various options for Windows parental controls related to website blocking, purchasing, screen time, etc.
- When you click on the "Website browsing" feature, you will get a detailed view of the browsing history. From here, you can block any website as well.
- Under the same section, there is also an option to block inappropriate content automatically. Simply turn it on.
- You can also manually enter the website URLs that you wish to block (or allow) from here.
- Furthermore, you can go to the "Apps, games & media" to set up more restrictions. From here as well, you can automatically block inappropriate content.
- Also, you can provide a certain age for app and media downloads.
- To enable time-based restrictions on the computer, go to the "Screen Time" option and turn it on.
- After that, you can just specify the system usage time limit on all days.
- In the end, you can go to the "Purchase & Spending" option to limit their purchases.
- Also, you can restrict how they access content on their linked Xbox account as well.
That's it! By following these steps, you can set Windows 10 parental controls and provide a nurturing environment for your kids.
How to set parental control on kids' mobile phone?
While Windows parental controls will let you monitor the way your kids access their computers, they can still have uncontrolled access to their smartphones. To resolve this, you can take the assistance of FamiSafe. It is a complete mobile parental control and monitoring tool that will certainly help you on numerous occasions.
- Monitor text messages and porn images: Spot dangerous signs whenever suspicious words are detected in your kids' SMS, WhatsApp, Facebook, Messenger, Messenger Lite, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, KiK, Gmail on Android devices and Youtube suspicious content are detected on iOS devices. Put an end to sexting when detect porn pictures from kids' phone galleries.
Now when you know how to setup Windows 10 parental controls, you can easily monitor the way your kids access the computer. Furthermore, you can try FamiSafe to control and monitor the way your kids use their smartphones. It is a remarkable parental control and monitoring tool that will certainly help you provide a nurturing environment for your kids.