Web Filter for Android: All You Need to Know
internet filter for android
- Internet Filter
- Best Internet Filters for Your Kid's Phones and Tablets
- k9 Internet Filter Review
- Free Internet Filter
- The Best Internet Filters
- 10 Best Internet Content Filters
- FamiSafe Internet Filtering Software
- 10 Easy Ways Kids Can Bypass Internet Filters
- Web Filter for Android
- Internet Filter for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch
- The Best Internet Filter for Mac
- Social App Monitoring
- Snapchat Tracker to Track Kids' Snapchat
- How Can I Monitor Child's Snapchat
- How to Monitor Snapchat Remotely
- How to Monitor Snapchat for Free
- Top 10 Snapchat Monitoring Apps
- Ways to Monitor Snapchat without Jailbreak
- How to Monitor Snapchat on iPhone
- Monitor Snapchat on iPhone for child safety
- Something Parents Must Know about Snapchat Monitoring
- How Can Parents Monitor Snapchat
- Web Content Blocking
- Block Porn Websites
- Best Porn Blocking Apps 2018
- Block Porn on iPhone
- Block Porn Sites
- Porn Blocking Software for Parents
- Block Porn on Android
- Block Porn on Kid's Cell Phone
- Block Porn on Your Kid's Phone
- New Porn Blocking App for Parents 2018
- Block All Porn Sites on Your Phone
- Porn Sites not Blocked by Opendns - Parents Should Know
- Block Porn on Computer
- Block an App from Accessing the Internet
- Block Adult Content on Android
- Block Adult Content on Youtube
- 3 Methods to Block Adult Websites
- Block Adult Sites on Kid's Cell Phone Phone
- Block Websites on Chrome
- Best Parental Control to Block Social Media and Distracting Websites
- Keep Your Family Safe Online
- Block Certain Websites on iPhone
- Block Websites on Mac
- Block a Website on Safari
- Block All Game Sites on Your Kid's Cell Phone
- Block Websites on Firefox
- Block Certain Websites on Kid's Cell Phone
- How Do You Block a Website on Kid's iPhone
- Block a Website on Internet Explorer
- FamiSafe WebFilter - Block All Porn/Sex Sites
- The Best Website Blocker and Internet Restriction Apps
- How Can Parents Block Specific Websites from Children
- Best Internet Filters and Website Blocking Software 2018
- Permanently Block A Website
- Best Website Blockers For Studying
- Block Websites on Windows 7
- Block Websites on Computer
- Block Inappropriate Websites on My Kid's Phone
- Block Websites on iPad
- Temporarily Block Distracting Websites
- Block Websites for a Period of Time
- Block Someone on Whatsapp
In today’s world, the internet is a boon, but when it comes to kids, the dangers of the internet is too deep rooted. Your kids have more access to the internet than you had during your growing up days. For the sheer reason of safety, the mobile phone is availed by all the teens. Thus, making the internet more accessible to them through their handsets. Wifi is also available in my areas, so the kid just needs to connect to it to get the exposure to the entire world.
Just a few buttons and all the required information will be on the screen. Making friends is no bid task, one can have friends from all over the world. Then there is a huge number of online games, channels and movies to grab the attention and retain it for hours. Kids spend more time online and with their virtual friends than outdoor. Even schools allow the kids to use desktops with internet connections, to enable them to prepare projects and do homework, conveniently.
But, the vastness of the internet is deeper than the ocean, and it contains information which an innocent mind cannot always comprehend.
Protecting a child has become more challenging in the digital era. While juggling time between the various tasks, keeping a strict eye on the kid has become a concern for most of the parents all over the world.
Why do you need an internet filter?
It is not that your child cannot be trusted, but they are kids and need help in taking decisions. Unnecessary exposure at an early age might be harmful as the child’s mind will not be able to grasp it.
The advent of internet has amplified the child’s susceptibility to undesirable content and people. Therefore the internet filter is very important and its compatibility with smartphones is of prime significance.
1. Social media is highly addictive and dangerous, as social media do not authenticate a user’s profile. Making friends online is very easy, and kids can fall prey to it easily and make friends without knowing the actual background of the people. Cybersex, online predators, sexting and cyber-stalking, are hazards of social networking sites.
2. Adult contents and pornography is available for free online. Your child might land up into one such site unknowingly.
3. Among the huge number of online games, some are not just addictive but also unsafe. Adult content is included in games also, and at times the content of the game is even life-threatening. These also stress the eyes of the kids.
4. Increased dependency on the internet also hampers the creativity of the kids. For any assignment kids inclined to find the easy way out on the internet. There are many apps with the Android internet filter feature. These apps are known as parental control apps. They come with many other phone monitoring features. One of the best parent control app with the web filter for Android is from Wondershare, known as FamiSafe.
Why is FamiSafe considered as the best internet content filter for Android?
1. The inbuilt option of blocking pornography sites makes it very easy to block sites containing such adult content.
2. Pre-filtering rules are implemented where you can block sites based on categories like shopping, gambling etc.
3. Additional content based filtering option will help you to block sites based on the content of it. You might not be knowing the names of all the harmful sites, but you can still block them based on the content of the webpage.
4. Internet tracking is another feature which will help you to know the various web pages visited by your child. In case you find your child reviewing any undesirable website, you can immediately block it from your device.
Besides being the best Android internet filter, it has all the other features of a good parental monitoring app. Some of the features of parental monitoring apps:
1. Real time view enables you to know the present location of your child. This is very important for teens who spend a lot of time with their friends and outdoors.
2. Location history report to know all the places your child has been in the last few days. The capacity for storing this history log varies in apps.
3. Geo-fencing to be notified if the kid goes into any unsafe zone.
4. Contact monitoring to ensure that your teenager does not befriend any unwanted person. Be notified when he adds a new contact to the list or tries to contact any person blocked by you.
5. Details of the text message will ensure that your child is not a part of any harmful chats and is also not being a target of any bullying. Block message from a contact, if you feel necessary.
6. Website tracking will give you the detailed report of the type of web contents accessed by your kid.
7. Social networking details will ensure you that your child is not doing any such online activity that will land him up into trouble.
8. Know the apps that your child mostly use and block them temporarily during the bedtime or homework time.
9. Have a timewise detailed list of the on-screen activities of your child.
10. Remotely control your child’s device from your device.
How to use FamiSafe Internet filter for Android?
1. Download and install FamiSafe from Play Store in both your device and your kid’s device.
2. Register with a membership account in your device.
3. Sign into your kid’s device using the identity ‘kid’ and activate service.
For the smooth functioning of the app, certain permission requests need to be granted during installation.
4. Using the same account, sign in as ‘parent’ on your phone. The connection will be automatically detected and created.
Your web filter for Android is ready with a few more customizations:
1. Go to Web Filter settings.
2. Add the exceptions.
Use FamiSafe as an internet filter for Android or ensure the safety of your child using the other features also.
If you are an iPhone user, you can download it from the App Store and be posted about your child’s onscreen activities.
Few more important features of FamiSafe:
1. Track location and Geo-fencing: Through these features track your child when he is outdoor. Know the real time whereabouts of the kid and also refer to the historical data if need persists. You can set alert notifications to ensure that your kid does not go to any forbidden zone.
2. Monitor phone usage. A feature like activity monitor will give you a detailed report of the apps used by your child and for the duration for which it was used. Control him and block apps that are the cause of his constant distraction. Set screen time limits and lock the screen during study times and bed times.
3. Know the browsing history of your child and find out potential threats. Accordingly, you can implement the Android internet filter.
4. Flexible remote control ensures that you can control your child’s mobile from your app and take immediate actions at times of emergency.
5. You personalize the settings of the app and adjust it according to the age and requirement of your child.
FAQs about FamiSafe
1. Does FamiSafe block any website?
It has pre-set filtering rules which makes it easy to block harmful online content depending on categories like shopping, pornographic and gambling.
2. Do I need to have my child device when I block sites from children?
No. FamiSafe app in your child’s device can be remotely controlled from the app in your device.
3. What devices do FamiSafe support?
FamiSafeweb filter for Android is compatible with all Android handsets and tablets. It is also made to work with most iOS including iPhone, iPad, and iPods. It is an authorized app of Apple and thus doesn’t require any jailbreaking.
Internet filter for Android is a very good option, but it is not the sole and primary option. The first check starts with you. Spend quality time with your child and communicate with him. Kids nowadays are very fast learners and pretty well versed with web world. So, educate them about the internet protocol and also explain to them your motive behind installing FamiSafe. Android internet filter shouldn’t be a burden on them rather they should fell more secured on knowing that they are under the guidance of their parents. Download FamiSafe from App Store or Play Store and enjoy it for free for the first 3 days.