Internet Filter for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch
internet filter for iphone
For children, the Internet can be very useful and harmful at the same time. On the one hand, the network provides a huge number of developing, helpful, and simply interesting materials. Here, a child can access entertainment, contact friends or find information for study in no time. On the other hand, malicious sites are full of content that can harm a child's psyche. Websites that contain materials about murders, drugs, cults, propaganda, as well as cybercriminals, laying in the wait on the network, pose a threat to young users. If you don’t want to shut the Internet access off completely but you strive to protect your kids from unwanted websites, an Internet filter for iPhone is a way out.
Why We Need Internet Filters?
Allowing your kids to surf the web without supervision is like leaving them alone in a big city. Children’s curiosity or an occasional click on an interesting link can easily lead them to dangerous websites.
The Internet carries a lot of threats - pornography, propaganda of violence, extremism, aggression... Social networks, forums, and chats allow infusion of such information into children's minds, causing irreparable damage to their vulnerable mind.
In addition, the World Wide Web is a home for all kinds of fanatics and social networks that join people with depressive inclinations and pushing them to suicides. On top of that, the Internet is a haven for cults, pedophiles, and scammers. Children should be shielded from these threats.
We often tell our children that drugs and alcohol are bad, but the Internet can show how cool and pleasant they are. This is where the danger lies. To make provocative sites invisible to your children, you need to blacklist them.
Besides the human threats, there are also technical hazards on the Internet. While meandering on the web, it is very easy to infect your device with malware that can become a real pain in the neck. Viruses and trojans can steal your passwords and other confidential information, send spam on your behalf, as well as lead to extortion and other threats.
Your child can get hurt if he / she spends too much time in the world of online games. Some of them do not fit children by age because of violence and cruelty. Other games might be safe but too absorbing. If they take every spare minute of your child's time, you need to fight them.
If you are looking for a remedy from the internet addiction and want to make a virtual environment safe for your child, you need to consider an internet filter for iPhone.
FamiSafe - The Best Internet Filter for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch
FamiSafe will help you learn more about your child's search habits as well as exclude any inappropriate sites from access. Before you start blacklisting websites, you can study the web history of your son’s or daughter’s device. The history will show all the web resources and links your kids hit in the Safari browser. You can understand what sites were visited (including internal pages), how often your children opened them, and at what time they accessed them.
If you notice web resources that are not suitable for your child, you can block or restrict them. To do this, FamiSafe has a web filtering feature. With this function, you can create your own black- and white lists. It is possible to block a specific website or a whole category, which groups sites based on their content (for example shopping or gaming websites). FamiSafe is supplemented with a massive database to simplify the task of blocking inappropriate websites.
How to use FamiSafe as Internet Filter?
FamiSafe’s Web Filter offers several categories that you can allow or block. Also, you are able to configure the program to send notifications when a child is trying to access a specific category of sites. To block a certain category just tap the slider on the right next to a category name.
If you want to block only a specific website instead of a whole category, click the Exceptions tab. Type the name of a web resource (its domain name) and select the Block option.
You are able to allow specific URLs even if their categories are blocked. To do this, in the Exceptions tab type in the name of a website and select the Allow option.
If you want FamiSafe to let you know when a child tries to open a particular site, you can set up notifications. For this, in the Exceptions tab, key in the name of a site and tap the option titled Alert me.
You can see a list of all blocked and allowed sites in the Exceptions tab. If you want to remove a certain site from the list tap the blue cross on the right and confirm your action by choosing Delete in the pop-up window.
You can also combine the Web Filter function with geo-fencing and smart schedules. This will help limit access to the browser at a specific time or when a child is in a certain place.
How to Block Access to Adult Content & Websites on iPhone & iPad
You can enable iPhone internet filter using the iOS operating system’s built-in tools.
If you want to set restrictions on adult content in Safari, you need to go to the Settings and select General. In this window, choose the Restriction option. Tap Enable Restrictions. You need to come up with a password and confirm it.
In the Restriction window, you will see a list of content that is currently allowed. Choose the Websites option. In the next window, tap Limit Adult content. After you followed these steps, websites with adult content will be blocked in Safari.
You can also block any specific website if it slips through the filtering or if it doesn’t fall into the adult content category.
Open Settings from the home screen and select General. Choose the Restrictions option. Tap Enable restrictions and come up with a password. Repeat the password to confirm it.
Find the option Websites in the Restriction window and tap it. Select Limit Adult Content. In the Never allow section, tap Add a Website. Next, you need to key in a website’s URL. Press Done to confirm.
If you want to allow only specific websites and block access to everything else, you should go to Settings > General > Restrictions > Enable restrictions > Enter a password and confirm it > Websites > Specific Websites Only. Then press Add a Website and type in URL of a website you allow. Repeat the same steps for all the web resources you approve.
Why Every Parent Needs FamiSafe?
Not only does FamiSafe allow fencing your kids off from harmful Internet content but also it offers vast possibilities to make their lives safer. For this, the app lends a whole set of useful functions among which are:
- App usage monitoring function. It creates daily reports with information about apps your kids accessed and how often they opened them.
- App blocker allows restricting the use of certain apps at a specific time or place. You can configure this tool to notify you each time your kid attempts to open a restricted app.
- Location tracker shows your kid’s location on a map in real time.
- Location history function provides information about places your children have been to. This tool is designed to give heads-up if your little ones tend to visit risky places.
- Geo-fencing allows creating multiple virtual safety zones. The app will notify you when your kids leave such areas.
- Screen time control makes it possible to set up schedules when your kids can use their devices. The rest of the time their phones or tablets will be blocked.
- Screen time reports lend information on how your children utilize their devices.
- Smart settings permit you to use separate features simultaneously. For example, you can combine geo-fencing with the app blocker to prevent access to apps at certain places (such as at school).
FamiSafe is a Must-Have for Every Parent
In the age of digital technology, we can easily get any information literally in just one click. Unfortunately, not all information is equally useful, especially for children. If you want to protect little users from content that can shock or harm, you should enable web filtering functions on their gadgets. Devices running iOS come complete with the built-in iPhone internet filter. For more security, you can turn to a powerful and convenient parental monitoring tool FamiSafe. With its robust tracking and controlling features, you are able to safeguard your little ones even if you are not around. The app is available on App Store and Google Play for all typess of iOS and Android mobile devices. Download it now and get the first three days for free!
- Internet Filter
- Best Internet Filters for Your Kid's Phones and Tablets
- k9 Internet Filter Review
- Free Internet Filter
- The Best Internet Filters
- 10 Best Internet Content Filters
- FamiSafe Internet Filtering Software
- 10 Easy Ways Kids Can Bypass Internet Filters
- Web Filter for Android
- Internet Filter for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch
- The Best Internet Filter for Mac
- Social App Monitoring
- Snapchat Tracker to Track Kids' Snapchat
- How Can I Monitor Child's Snapchat
- How to Monitor Snapchat Remotely
- How to Monitor Snapchat for Free
- Top 10 Snapchat Monitoring Apps
- Ways to Monitor Snapchat without Jailbreak
- How to Monitor Snapchat on iPhone
- Monitor Snapchat on iPhone for child safety
- Something Parents Must Know about Snapchat Monitoring
- How Can Parents Monitor Snapchat
- Web Content Blocking
- Block Porn Websites
- Best Porn Blocking Apps 2018
- Block Porn on iPhone
- Block Porn Sites
- Porn Blocking Software for Parents
- Block Porn on Android
- Block Porn on Kid's Cell Phone
- Block Porn on Your Kid's Phone
- New Porn Blocking App for Parents 2018
- Block All Porn Sites on Your Phone
- Porn Sites not Blocked by Opendns - Parents Should Know
- Block Porn on Computer
- Block an App from Accessing the Internet
- Block Adult Content on Android
- Block Adult Content on Youtube
- 3 Methods to Block Adult Websites
- Block Adult Sites on Kid's Cell Phone Phone
- Block Websites on Chrome
- Best Parental Control to Block Social Media and Distracting Websites
- Keep Your Family Safe Online
- Block Certain Websites on iPhone
- Block Websites on Mac
- Block a Website on Safari
- Block All Game Sites on Your Kid's Cell Phone
- Block Websites on Firefox
- Block Certain Websites on Kid's Cell Phone
- How Do You Block a Website on Kid's iPhone
- Block a Website on Internet Explorer
- FamiSafe WebFilter - Block All Porn/Sex Sites
- The Best Website Blocker and Internet Restriction Apps
- How Can Parents Block Specific Websites from Children
- Best Internet Filters and Website Blocking Software 2018
- Permanently Block A Website
- Best Website Blockers For Studying
- Block Websites on Windows 7
- Block Websites on Computer
- Block Inappropriate Websites on My Kid's Phone
- Block Websites on iPad
- Temporarily Block Distracting Websites
- Block Websites for a Period of Time
- Block Someone on Whatsapp