5 Best Website Blocker Softwares
website blocker software
- Internet Filter
- Best Internet Filters for Your Kid's Phones and Tablets
- k9 Internet Filter Review
- Free Internet Filter
- The Best Internet Filters
- 10 Best Internet Content Filters
- FamiSafe Internet Filtering Software
- 10 Easy Ways Kids Can Bypass Internet Filters
- Web Filter for Android
- Internet Filter for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch
- The Best Internet Filter for Mac
- Social App Monitoring
- Snapchat Tracker to Track Kids' Snapchat
- How Can I Monitor Child's Snapchat
- How to Monitor Snapchat Remotely
- How to Monitor Snapchat for Free
- Top 10 Snapchat Monitoring Apps
- Ways to Monitor Snapchat without Jailbreak
- How to Monitor Snapchat on iPhone
- Monitor Snapchat on iPhone for child safety
- Something Parents Must Know about Snapchat Monitoring
- How Can Parents Monitor Snapchat
- Web Content Blocking
- Block Porn Websites
- Best Porn Blocking Apps 2018
- Block Porn on iPhone
- Block Porn Sites
- Porn Blocking Software for Parents
- Block Porn on Android
- Block Porn on Kid's Cell Phone
- Block Porn on Your Kid's Phone
- New Porn Blocking App for Parents 2018
- Block All Porn Sites on Your Phone
- Porn Sites not Blocked by Opendns - Parents Should Know
- Block Porn on Computer
- Block an App from Accessing the Internet
- Block Adult Content on Android
- Block Adult Content on Youtube
- 3 Methods to Block Adult Websites
- Block Adult Sites on Kid's Cell Phone Phone
- Block Websites on Chrome
- Best Parental Control to Block Social Media and Distracting Websites
- Keep Your Family Safe Online
- Block Certain Websites on iPhone
- Block Websites on Mac
- Block a Website on Safari
- Block All Game Sites on Your Kid's Cell Phone
- Block Websites on Firefox
- Block Certain Websites on Kid's Cell Phone
- How Do You Block a Website on Kid's iPhone
- Block a Website on Internet Explorer
- FamiSafe WebFilter - Block All Porn/Sex Sites
- The Best Website Blocker and Internet Restriction Apps
- How Can Parents Block Specific Websites from Children
- Best Internet Filters and Website Blocking Software 2018
- Permanently Block A Website
- Best Website Blockers For Studying
- Block Websites on Windows 7
- Block Websites on Computer
- Block Inappropriate Websites on My Kid's Phone
- Block Websites on iPad
- Temporarily Block Distracting Websites
- Block Websites for a Period of Time
- Block Someone on Whatsapp
Even though the internet can be a useful and educational tool for kids, it can be a dangerous place too.
With the all-time need to stay connected and online, kids are exposing themselves to many online harmful threats such as online bullying, adult content, and predators.
With this being said, it has become a necessity for parents to protect their kids from such inappropriate content. You never know what your kids are doing on their phones and what might harm them.
If you suspect your kids are being exposed to such content or they’re watching inappropriate content on the web, you can use any website blocker that temporarily blocks websites from the kid’s device.
Here, in this article, we’ve rendered a list of best website blocker software that will help you in blocking offensive websites.
FamiSafe is one of the most reliable, and best website blocker that empowers the users to block websites for the target device easily. With a variety of features, this app can track all the activities of the target’s device. Blocking inappropriate websites and tracking suspicious messages are two of the best features of this app.
- Allows the user to blocks websites and restrict internet usage.
- Provides real-time location of the kid’s device and location history.
- The web-filtering feature allows the user to filter inappropriate content from the target device.
- The user can even set a screen time limit on the target phone.
- Can track kid’s live location and enable geofencing that notifies when a child leaves or enter the geofence.
- Notifies the parents when the child receives a message that contain explicit words or phrases.
Qustodio is yet another excellent parental control app that features web blocking functionality. Being a user-friendly, reliable, and excellent solution for parental control, this app provides powerful monitoring tools including adult content, screen time, and games. With its easy to use admin panel, the user can block callers directly from the screen where they can review the same.
With this app, the parents can also access GPS location. Furthermore, the app is compatible with Android, iOS, Mac, and Windows.
- Users can set a time limit on devices, apps, and internet usage.
- Allows the user to monitor web search and search activities easily
- Can easily block inappropriate content and websites
- Can manage various devices for kids of multiple ages
Freedom is a widely used website blocking app that not only just blocks websites but can also block the entire internet. With this app, the user can create unlimited blocklists, block the internet, and schedule recurring block session beforehand.
It also comes with a “Locked Mode” that prevents the kids from ending a block session previously than planned.
- Can sync the blocks across Windows, Mac and iOS devices
- Allows the user to block websites, app or even the entire internet
- Allows whitelisting of sites that can be accessed while everything else
4. Net Nanny
Net Nanny has a web-centric and multi-platform approach to website blocker software that provides the best web filtering features. It is also an affordable and reliable tool to block dangerous websites online. With Net Nanny, the user can easily monitor and control the internet content and access all the web pages with remote monitoring. With 18 filter categories, the app allows you to restrict access to inappropriate websites about pornography, suicide, drugs, and alcohol.
Moreover, this app notifies you whenever your kids enable a private server to hide internet searches.
- Enables the parents to have full control over the target device’s online activities
- Allows the user to filter web
- Empowers the user to set a time limit that kids can spend behind the screen
- Masks out vulgar words from the sites
- Remote access to kid’s device
- Gives alerts through emails about the target device’s online activities
- Provide access to outgoing and incoming messages
Mobicip is an excellent parental control app that is known for its wide range of device compatibility. The app is compatible with iOS, Windows PC, Android, Mac OS, and Chromebook. This app allows you to stay updated on your kid’s internet activity.
The app allows you to filter web content for your kid, filter apps, and review the browsing history. You can even restrict app time and set a schedule for your kid’s profile.
- Allows the user to restrict internet access
- Internet filtering
- A detailed report of browsing history
- The user can set time limits
- The user will be notified immediately on every attempt to access the blocked content.
What Can Parents Get From App Blocker Software?
- Prevent Kids From Using Offensive Apps
Some apps may not be appropriate for your child. Website blocker software allows you to block all these dubious applications and websites. You can also block addictive sites.
For example, if your child becomes addicted to social apps like Facebook or Instagram, you can block your child's access from this app for a while.
- Prevent Children From Exploring Inappropriate Content Online
Even when your child is not looking for vulgar content on the web, they may encounter this content by surfing the Internet. Using the website blocker software, you can view the web browsing history and frequently visited URLs on your kid's device and prevent him or her from accessing inappropriate content on the device.
- Avoid The Risks Of Digital Dependence
When you install a Parental Control app, you can easily control your child's screen time. Using these parental control apps, you can schedule an automatic screen lock on your teen's device. This practice helps parents tremendously to prevent their children from developing different on-screen addictions.
- Keep Track Of Children When They Are Outside The House
Parental control apps or website blocker software allows you to track the location of your child. You can even check the location history to see where your child recently visited.
You cannot protect your kids from everything on the Internet. So, using quality parental control apps has become a necessity these days. These apps will not tell you about your kid’s whereabouts but will also protect them from digital dangers.
Moreover, it is essential not to neglect what children and teenagers do on their mobile devices. It means allowing unfiltered internet at home and on your kid's smartphones can be dangerous. It's in kids’ nature to be curious and test your limits. As parents, your job is to make sure they stay safe and not make bad choices that could hurt them for years.
These parental control devices will help in doing the same. With these apps, you monitor and control your kid’s online activities. You can download any of the apps mentioned above; however, if you’re looking for a reliable option, FamiSafe would be an ideal pick. Along with its web filtering and app blocking feature, you can track the real-time location of your child.