10 Best GPS Tracking Device for Kids 2018
gps tracker for kids
As kids grow, they become more and more curious and may start wandering off here and there especially when you go on a trip. But this can also be a nightmare for parents who almost have heart attacks when they don’t know where their kid is. But it isn’t always possible to pay to keep your attention focused on your kid or keep them close to you at all times. So, here we have given the best GPS tracking device for kids that will help to know exactly where your little one has gone adventuring.
10 Best GPS Tracking Devices for Kids
There are many things to consider when you go out to buy a GPS tracker for kids. Different GPS tracking device for kids may have different features. But some of the most common ones that every GPS tracker should have are given below -
- Comfort - Comfort is one of the major features that very kid tracker should have if you want to ensure that they keep their trackers on at all times.
- Durable - kid trackers must be durable so that they can withstand every punishment that kids make them go through. Also, they should be water resistant.
- Range - The usability of a child tracking device will depend on the range it allows for tracking. Some have a very long range that can even track your kids in the next town whereas there are other devices that can only do so in the neighborhood.
- Geofences - A kid tracker should have geofences capability so that you can get alerts when your kids leave a safe zone or enter a dangerous area.
- Panic button - A GPS tracking device for kids should have a panic button so that kids can alert their parents when they are lost or scared.
- Communication - Communication feature is useful when you not want to know the location of your kid, but also talk to them.
- Update frequency - All child tracking devices have different update frequency. Some update location every few minutes whereas some after 20-30 seconds.
Here are the 10 best GPS Tracking Devices for Kids. Pick the one you like most.
FamiSafe is the best GPS tracker for kids that allow parents to keep their child in their supervision at all times. If your kids have an Android or iOS smartphone, then you can use the FamiSafe monitoring tool to make their smartphones into child tracker devices.
- Track real-time GPS location.
- Also, check the location history of the target.
- Check target’s web browsing history.
- Block apps and websites.
- Doesn’t require rooting or jailbreaking target devices.
- You can track location remotely.
- Easy to use.
- Its free version has limited tracking features.
Official URL - https://famisafe.wondershare.com/
Price - 3-days free trial
AngelSense Guardian is one of best GPS tracker for kids that come in two variants. But nonetheless, both are much better than other kid trackers.
- You can get automatic geofences.
- Set alerts for when your kids arrive or leave a particular location.
- Runner mode to get updates every 10 seconds.
- It supports geofences alerts.
- Detailed location history.
- An unlimited number of geofences.
- Listen to child surroundings.
- Highly durable.
- Expensive compared to others.
- It is not waterproof.
Official URL - https://www.angelsense.com/protect/gps-tracking-for-kids-n/
Price - $199
PocketFinder is a highly durable, reliable and secure GPS tracking device for kids that is easy to use for both parents and children.
- Alerts can be sent by tapping on the surface hard by three times.
- Get alerts on leaving the geofenced
- Updates location every two minutes.
- Unlimited safety zones.
- Both waterproof and highly durable.
- Record log activity up to 60-day.
- It doesn’t have to call
- Little clunky when worn on the wristband.
Official URL - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AKHV7RS/
Price - $129.95
Trax Play GPS Tracker is another child tracking device that is small yet equipped with very powerful features.
- Augmented reality feature for easily tracking your child direction.
- Can be put in a pocket or worn onto a belt
- App compatible with both Android and iOS.
- Draw geofences in any shape.
- Augmented reality features.
- Not expensive.
- The absence of calling feature.
- Small battery.
- No panic or SOS alert facility.
Official URL - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01F77ENBW/
Price - $99
LG GizmoPal 2 is an amazing kid tracker that has a two-way calling feature and uses Verizon’s network.
- It has fun ringtones, sounds, and voice prompt.
- Simple one button calling feature.
- You can schedule location updates throughout the day.
- Supports Geofencing.
- Affordable monthly subscription.
- Two-way calling feature.
- 9 days battery standby
- Easily worn on the wrist.
- No automatic location updates.
- Lacks SOS alerts.
- Only uses Verizon network.
Official Address - https://www.verizonwireless.com/connected-devices/lg-gizmopal-2/
Price - $79.99
Lineable is a simple and easy to wear wristband shaped GPS tracking device for kids that uses Bluetooth to track your kid’s locations.
- Use Bluetooth connectivity.
- Crowdsourcing GPS helps track your kids with others Lineable user’s phone.
- Its battery lasts one year.
- Available in variable sizes.
- Very affordable.
- No monthly subscription.
- Long battery life.
- The whole device needs to be replaced when the battery runs out.
- Limited range because of Bluetooth connectivity.
- Lacks live tracking feature.
Official URL - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01C1FTN4U/
Price - $12.99
It is one of the best kid tracker devices that allow parents to track their children using both GPS as well as T-Mobile network.
- Get location updates every 5 minutes.
- Supports Geofences alerts, SOS alert and device removal alerts.
- Battery last 24 hours.
- It is waterproof.
- Get alerts when child removes tracker.
- Logs activity information.
- Limited geofences up to 2 locations only.
- Limited free manual location updates.
- Available in just two sizes, not adjustable.
FiLIP 2 is an amazing GPS tracker for kids that are equipped with both two-way calling feature as well as a one-way text feature for easy child tracking.
- It has a text message feature from parent to child.
- Create geofences around certain locations.
- Automatically call every contact when SOS button is pushed until someone picks up.
- SOS feature sends a recording of child surrounding automatically.
- Simple and user-friendly app.
- Record surrounding automatically on pressing SOS button.
- Low battery alert.
- Support one-way
- Limited safe zones.
- Location updates are infrequent.
- Not waterproof.
Official URL - https://www.att.com/devices/filip/filip-2.html
Price - $149.99
My Buddy Tag uses Bluetooth technology to track your kids and alerts if the child goes beyond its range.
- Alerts when the device is kept in water for more than 10 seconds.
- Three alert modes.
- No monthly subscription fees.
- One year battery life.
- Cannot be easily removed by kids.
- Limited range.
- The device needs to be replaced after the battery
Official URL - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MGTZWMY/
Price - $39.99
Tinitell is a wearable wristband designed child tracking device that comes with voice-recognition calling features, and live GPS tracking.
- Call by saying the contact name.
- Not limited to a single SIM provider.
- Two-way calling feature.
- Voice recognition feature.
- It can be used with any network provider.
- No SOS button.
- No safety zones.
Official URL - https://tinitell.com/
Price - $149
It can be a frightening experience when you go on a trip and find that your child is nowhere to be found. To make sure that such an incident is not repeated when your child has the habit of wandering off, you can use the GPS tracker device for kids to track their location. But these Kids tracker will need to buy extra devices and cost lots of money in monthly fees. These devices cannot be used for teenage kids, so you can use FamiSafe to track your teen’s smartphone location. FamiSafe is one of the best kid tracker devices for parents to track their kids. So, download and install FamiSafe app to start tracking your kid’s location.
- Parental Controls
- 1.1 Baby Monitor
- 1.2 Monitor Child's iPhone
- 1.3 Check Private Browsing History on Android
- 1.4 Check Your Child's Online Web Browser History
- 1.5 Free Parental Control Apps for Android
- 1.6 Best Parental Control Apps
- 1.7 Set Parental Control on YouTube
- 1.8 Best iOS Parental Control Apps
- 1.9 iPhone Spyware Detection and Removal
- 1.10 Parental Control Apps for Cell Phone Monitoring
- 1.11 Parental Control Routers
- 1.12 Snapchat Parental Control
- Mobile Tracker
- 2.1 Android GPS Tracking Apps
- 2.2 Child GPS Tracking Devices
- 2.3 GPS Tracking Device for Kids
- 2.4 Find Someone's Location on Facebook
- 2.5 See someone’s Location on iPhone
- 2.6 How to Track a Phone Number
- 2.7 Cell Phone Tracker by Number
- 2.8 Best GPS Phone Tracker
- 2.9 Find Real Time Location of a Mobile Phone
- 2.10 Find Your Lost Android Phone
- 2.11 Share Location Between iPhone and Android
- 2.12 Track a Cell Phone Location for Free
- 2.13 Track A Person's Location
- 2.14 How to Track Your Kid's iPhone
- 2.15 If Your Phone is Being Monitored?
- 2.16 How Do I Stop Someone Tracking My iPhone?
- 2.17 Which Websites Are Visited?
- Block Apps & Sites
- 3.1 Best Ad Blocker Apps
- 3.2 Porn Blocker App to Block Porn
- 3.3 Block Porn on Android
- 3.4 Block a Phone Number on iPhone
- 3.5 Block Porn on iPhone
- 3.6 How to Block Porn Sites
- 3.7 Block Websites on Android Phone
- 3.8 Block Text Messages on Android and iPhone
- 3.9 Block Websites on Android Chrome
- 3.10 Porn Blocking Apps for Parents
- 3.11 Free website blocker apps and chrome extension