How to Turn Your iPhone into a Baby Monitor?
iphone baby monitor
As much as we would like to, it’s impossible for us to look directly after our baby at all times, especially if you plan on getting everything else in your day done. This is why we have baby monitors, so you can easily stay in touch while doing other things.
However, baby monitors are expensive, and why fork out your hard-earned money when you have the ability to make a perfectly adequate one using your iPhone? Today, we’re going to explore everything you need to know in order to do this properly, your baby’s well-being at the core of everything you do.
What Can Baby Monitoring Apps Do for Us?
The reason you would choose a baby monitor app over a baby monitor product is simple. Price and functionality. While you could be spending hundreds of dollars on a baby monitor, remember that your iPhone has a built-in camera, and you can easily see your child, no matter where you are in the world.
Whereas other baby monitors may require that they stay within a set distance in order to work properly, iPhones can be used using cellular networks, Wi-Fi networks, hotspots and more, meaning you can enjoy a steady and consistent connection at all times.
There are plenty of other benefits that come with using an iPhone baby monitor app, but this will depend on the features of the individual app, so let’s explore them below.
5 Best Baby Monitor for iPhone
#1 - Cloud Baby Monitor
Easily the most renowned baby monitor for iPhone, Cloud Baby Monitor is a complete app that comes with all the features you could ever need, including low-light amplifications, live video feed, and an affordable price tag.
- Apple Watch compatibility
- Notification is your baby wakes up
- Highly sensitive movement and audio sensors
- Works on Wi-Fi and 3G or above
#2 - Baby Monitor 3G
Easily the simplest iPhone baby monitor app on this list, Baby Monitor 3G does exactly what it says on the tin kind of app. It’s incredibly easy to set up, easily pairs with devices using a simple code process, and works of 3G data so you can view your baby from anywhere.
- A universal, award-winning baby monitor app
- Works with all iOS devices
- Easy setup with unlimited HD video
- Lullabies to help your baby sleep
#3 - Baby Monitor HD
This app may seem a little bit more complex than the other iPhone baby monitor apps on this list in terms of usability, but it packs a full range of power. This is because it’s capable of handling up to four unique video feeds and is compatible with a range of external webcam hardware for the best experience.
- Audio only mode for best battery life and performance
- Highly sensitive microphone functions
- A ton of customizable options to play with
#4 - My Baby Monitor
If you don’t have two iPhones that you can connect together, never fear as My Baby Monitor is here. With this app, you’ll be able to connect up your iPhone to an Android device for the same results. However, it will only really work on a Wi-Fi connection, making this a potentially limited baby monitor iPhone app.
- Connects an Android device to an iOS device
- Easy to set up and use
- HD camera connection
- Indicates battery life of both baby monitor for iPhone devices
#5 - Air Cam Video
While not designed as a professional iPhone baby monitor app device, this app is ideal for that purpose. It’s great because you can use your iPhone as the baby monitor, and then receive all the video and audio directly through to your computer or laptop! What a baby monitor for iPhone.
- Free and paid versions available
- Hidden mode for quick startup possibilities
- Continuous audio and video feed
- Motion and sound detection
FamiSafe - The Best iPhone Parental Control
While we’re on the subject of looking after our children using our phones, it’s important to remember that your children are going to be growing up and ultimately using their own devices, sometimes even before they have the ability to talk.
For when this time comes around, it’s important to make sure that you’re prepared to help your child enjoy a balanced digital diet. This means installing and getting to know parental control apps, such as FamiSafe.
FamiSafe is one of the latest editions to the parental control industry and can help you take full control over your child’s mobile device or tablet. You can see everything that’s going on through the device, so you can make the right decisions regarding your child’s well-being.
Some of the features you can benefit from include;
- Real-Time Location Tracking
Using the GPS location information that your child’s device has, you’ll be able to see your child’s location on a map in real-time. This is so you can be sure of where they are at all times, ensuring their safety and well-being.
You can even set up geo-fences. These are digital boundaries which you can set up as you please, say around a school. You’ll then receive a notification if your child breaches these boundaries.
- App Usage Management
With this feature, you’ll be able to see exactly which apps your child is using, which apps they are installing and uninstalling, and how they are using their social media apps. You can then choose to block access to the app when you want to.
You can also set up an app schedule. This is so your child can only access the app during certain hours of the day, making it ideal if you want to block them if they want to study, or need to go to bed.
- Device Usage Management
Similar to the App Usage, this feature will allow you to see how long your child is using their device for, which apps they are accessing the most and what times they are using their device. You can then make sure they are using it appropriately and at the right times.
You can then block and unblock access to the device at any time, as well as setting up a schedule, so the device is only accessible during particular times of the day.
- Remote Control Setting Changes
Any settings you want to change or make adjustments, such as blocking access to the app, won’t require you to have access to your child’s device. Instead, you can simply make the changes on your device, and they’ll be applied instantly.
- Web Content Filtering
Using this feature, you’ll be able to toggle on and off certain types of web content filters that will actively block access to certain categories, regardless of what browser your child is using. You can also add exceptions which blocks certain websites, simply by typing the URL in.
As you can see, there are plenty of solutions out there when it comes to making an iPhone baby monitoring apps with your iOS device. What’s more, if you’re looking for a full parental control experience, FamiSafe is the app you should be thinking about.
The app is compatible with both iOS and Android devices and is free to download and install. There’s even a three-day free trial, so you can try the app out for yourself and see whether it’s for you!
- Monitoring Tips
- Turn Your iPhone into a Baby Monitor
- Turn Your iPhone into an iPhone Heart Reate Monitor
- Turn Your iPhone into a Blood Pressure Monitor
- Monitor Text Messages on iPhone
- Best Parental Control Apps to Monitor Your Kid's iPhone
- The Best 5 iPhone Monitoring Apps without Jailbreak for Parents
- Monitor Data Usage on iPhone
- The Best iPhone Monitoring Software for Parents
- 5 Best Sleep Tracking Apps for iPhone and Apple Watch
- Best Parental Control to Monitor Kid's iPhone
- How Much Time Your Kids Waste on iPhone
- Best Android Heart Rate Monitor Apps
- Best Baby Monitor Apps for Android
- Best Monitoring Apps for Android 2018
- 5 Smart Blood Pressure Monitors That Connect to Android
- Android Battery Monitor - What's Draining Your Android Battery?
- Best 10 Network Monitoring Apps for Android
- Monitor Text Messages on Android
- Parental Controls
- Set Parental Control on Youtube
- Set Parental Controls on Kindle Fire
- Facebook Parental Controls
- Set Parental Control on WhatsApp
- Best Parental Control App for iPhone & Android
- Best iPhone Monitoring for Parents
- Best Parental Monitoring Software for iPhone
- Best Parental Phone Monitoring App for Tracking Children
- Computer Monitoring Software for Parents
- Free Cell Phone Monitoring for Parents 2018
- Internet Monitoring Software for Parents
- Baby Monitor
- Monitor Child's iPhone
- Check Private Browsing History on Android
- Check Your Child's Online Web Browser History
- Free Parental Control Apps for Android
- Best Parental Control Apps
- Set Parental Control on YouTube
- Parental Controls Tips & Tricks
- 10 Habits That Can Ruin Both Parent's and Kids' Lives
- 6 Child Behavior Problems That Are Parents’ Fault
- 10 Basic Tips on Protect Your Child
- 10 PARENTING MISTAKES WE SHOULD AVOID
- 5 Questions You Should Ask Children Every Day
- 11 Phrases Every Child Needs to Hear from Parents
- 10 Things You Should Never Say to Teens
- 10 Things Every Dad Should Teach His Son
- Best Solutions to Help You Deal with Out of Control Kids
- Control Anger with Kids
- Teaching Your Children Self-Control
- Keeping Your Child Safe on the Internet
- Keep Your Kids Safe Online with These Tips
- FamiSafe Shares 10 Ways to Keep Your Home Safe
- TeenSafe Drive - Set Speed Limit
- Web Content Blocking
- Block Porn Websites
- Best Porn Blocking Apps 2018
- Block Porn on iPhone
- Block Porn Sites
- Porn Blocking Software for Parents
- Block Porn on Android
- Block Porn on Kid's Cell Phone
- Block Porn on Your Kid's Phone
- New Porn Blocking App for Parents 2018
- Block All Porn Sites on Your Phone
- Porn Sites not Blocked by Opendns - Parents Should Know
- Block Porn on Computer