Best 10 Network Monitoring Apps for Android of 2020
android network monitor
- Monitoring Tips
- Turn Your iPhone into a Baby Monitor
- Turn Your iPhone into an iPhone Heart Reate Monitor
- Turn Your iPhone into a Blood Pressure Monitor
- Monitor Text Messages on iPhone
- Best Parental Control Apps to Monitor Your Kid's iPhone
- The Best 5 iPhone Monitoring Apps without Jailbreak for Parents
- Monitor Data Usage on iPhone
- The Best iPhone Monitoring Software for Parents
- 5 Best Sleep Tracking Apps for iPhone and Apple Watch
- Best Parental Control to Monitor Kid's iPhone
- How Much Time Your Kids Waste on iPhone
- Best Android Heart Rate Monitor Apps
- Best Baby Monitor Apps for Android
- Best Monitoring Apps for Android 2018
- 5 Smart Blood Pressure Monitors That Connect to Android
- Android Battery Monitor - What's Draining Your Android Battery?
- Best 10 Network Monitoring Apps for Android
- Monitor Text Messages on Android
- Parental Controls
- Set Parental Control on Youtube
- Set Parental Controls on Kindle Fire
- Facebook Parental Controls
- Set Parental Control on WhatsApp
- Best Parental Control App for iPhone & Android
- Best iPhone Monitoring for Parents
- Best Parental Monitoring Software for iPhone
- Best Parental Phone Monitoring App for Tracking Children
- Computer Monitoring Software for Parents
- Free Cell Phone Monitoring for Parents 2018
- Internet Monitoring Software for Parents
- Baby Monitor
- Monitor Child's iPhone
- Check Private Browsing History on Android
- Check Your Child's Online Web Browser History
- Free Parental Control Apps for Android
- Best Parental Control Apps
- Set Parental Control on YouTube
- Parental Controls Tips & Tricks
- 10 Habits That Can Ruin Both Parent's and Kids' Lives
- 6 Child Behavior Problems That Are Parents’ Fault
- 10 Basic Tips on Protect Your Child
- 10 PARENTING MISTAKES WE SHOULD AVOID
- 5 Questions You Should Ask Children Every Day
- 11 Phrases Every Child Needs to Hear from Parents
- 10 Things You Should Never Say to Teens
- 10 Things Every Dad Should Teach His Son
- Best Solutions to Help You Deal with Out of Control Kids
- Control Anger with Kids
- Teaching Your Children Self-Control
- Keeping Your Child Safe on the Internet
- Keep Your Kids Safe Online with These Tips
- FamiSafe Shares 10 Ways to Keep Your Home Safe
- TeenSafe Drive - Set Speed Limit
- Web Content Blocking
- Block Porn Websites
- Best Porn Blocking Apps 2018
- Block Porn on iPhone
- Block Porn Sites
- Porn Blocking Software for Parents
- Block Porn on Android
- Block Porn on Kid's Cell Phone
- Block Porn on Your Kid's Phone
- New Porn Blocking App for Parents 2018
- Block All Porn Sites on Your Phone
- Porn Sites not Blocked by Opendns - Parents Should Know
- Block Porn on Computer
Today we can’t imagine our lives without the Internet. Over the past decade, more and more people have been resorting to their phones or tablets to surf the net. Mobile devices became go-to solutions to accommodate all the apps we need to make our lives more comfortable. All these apps and browsers use various kinds of networks all the while – 3G, 4G, your home WiFi or public hotspots, etc. It is a challenging task to keep track of your network connections on your own. Luckily, software developers won’t leave you in the lurch. There are plenty of Android network monitor apps in the Google Store. Let’s find out how these programs can help you.
What is network monitoring?
To put it simply, network monitoring tracks the consumption of traffic on your mobile device using the built-in Android tools as well as third-party applications. Network monitoring is especially important for users who have limits on data usage as well as for internet connections while roaming.
What can be monitored?
Android network monitor apps are designed for advanced users who want to control incoming and outgoing traffic on their phones and tablets. Such programs provide information on all Internet connections, services, and apps that utilize Internet traffic, and IP-addresses they connect to. Monitoring software displays the amount of data sent and received during each connection. This data is useful for tracking suspicious network activity. Some applications can be configured to send notifications every time your phone establishes an Internet connection.
If you are sensitive to the mobile data usage you can set limits for specific periods of time (for example, per day). If you exceed those limits, monitoring apps can offer options for reducing traffic consumption.
Network monitoring software will be a useful tool for users who want to keep the network activity of their gadget under control. With their help, you will be able to find out about apps that consume too much data or even detect intruders.
Best 10 Network Monitoring Apps for Android
1. Fing – Network Tools
The app allows seeing devices connected to a selected WiFi network, evaluate security risks and even find intruders. You can easily troubleshoot discovered issues and achieve a higher network performance. Fing provides detailed information about connected devices (device name, manufacturer, IP and MAC addresses, etc.), internet provider analyses, measurements on the network quality, bandwidth data usage, and so much more.
2. PingTools Network Utilities
PingTools makes it possible to ping the network, get information about its configuration, detect ports and WiFi networks, check whois information, lookup IP addresses, DNS, etc. With PingTools, you can track the use of the network. It also features a wake on network function.
3. WiFi Analyzer
With WiFi Analyzer, you can analyze all the available WiFi networks and connect to the least congested ones. WiFi Analyzer comes complete with a signal assessing tool to help you measure your WiFi signal.
4. IP Tools – A simple Network Utility
IP Tools is a feature-packed yet simple and easy-to-use app to configure and diagnose networks as well as improve their performance. It has a tremendous number of utilities such as LAN and port scanner, WiFi analyzers, IP calculator, DNS lookup, ping data, whois information and much more.
This tool allows seeing all the devices connected to your WiFi network (including game consoles). If you spot an unauthorized connection you can cut such a user off with a single tap. The app also supplies a handy Netcut defender tool.
6. WiFi Password Recovery
If you forgot your WiFi password and now you can’t hook up to your network WiFi Password Recovery is exactly what you need. You can restore passwords of all the networks you previously used. Please note that the app is not capable of detecting passwords of networks you’ve never hooked up to. Also, to use this tool your phone has to be rooted.
7. Network Monitor Mini
This app displays data related to your network in the notification tray. With a free version, you can see information on your connection speed and data rate. You are also able to customize the app’s appearance. The pro-version supplies tools to normalize VPN/proxy traffic, show decimal places, adjust Kilo values, and much more.
8. Network Monitor
This app works like diagnostic software to scan your network and identify possible problems. Network Monitor gathers data on the network type, your location, cell towers you connect to, the signal level, etc.
9. Network Connections
The app allows seeing all the connections from (and to) your phone. Network Connections provides information on every connection (IP address, PTR, AS number, etc), the amount of data sent and received, and much more. You are able to see every app on your device that uses Internet traffic. The app will send you a notification every time apps attempt to establish the Internet connection.
10. 3G Watchdog - Data Usage
The app is able to count every type of data usage (3G, 4G, WiFi, etc) and display it in a convenient way. 3G Watchdog demonstrates traffic used by every app on your device. You can see a net data usage with detailed information about traffic used for certain periods of time (today, per week, per month). You can export all data to CSV file.
The Best Phone Monitoring App for Android
With these Android network monitor solutions, you can easily see what apps use your network. You are able to disable those that consume too much traffic. However, what to do if you want to check the apps your kids use? Maybe they spend too much time on their phones when instead they should be studying or participating in real life communications? There is a solution for you. Parental control apps will help you remotely monitor and control software your children employ on their devices. FamiSafe is one of the best tools to keep an eye on your little ones, and that is why:
Besides the app monitoring and blocking function, FamiSafe supplies detailed information about browsing history (what sites your kids visit, when, what pages they go to) and allows blocking specific websites. If you are not sure what web resources to ban, you can blacklist a whole category of sites. FamiSafe keeps a database of sites by their content, so you can make inappropriate categories unavailable.
- it allows receiving information on each app installed on your child’s device;
- you are able to see what apps and when were opened;
- you can remotely block specific apps as well as create schedules when FamiSafe will block such apps for you;
- the app will send notifications every time your child attempts to access a blocked app.
- Explicit Content & Suspicious Photos Detection lets parents get real-time alert whenever suspicious content or pictures are detected from kids' SMS, WhatsApp, Facebook, Messenger, Messenger Lite, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, KiK, Gmail on Android devices and Youtube suspicious content detected on iOS devices.
With the help of FamiSafe, you can track your kids’ location in real time and check the history of their locations as well. You are also able to configure geo-fences to prevent visiting specific places or receive information on time and date your children come and leave home, go to school, and visit other places.
Screen Time feature provides reports on the phone usage. You can disable a phone’s functions by setting up screen times. They identify specific hours when a phone is not allowed to be used.
The app makes it possible to join up separate functions to achieve a better performance. For instance, by combining geo-fencing with the app blocking feature you can block apps when your kids are located at specific places (such as at school).
Android network monitor apps allow getting to know your network and your phone better to keep the data usage under control. You can also monitor your kids’ activities with the FamiSafe parental app. It helps to make your kids’ online journeys safer and take a lot of stress out of your life. You can’t always keep an eye on your little ones but with FamiSafe, you’ll know they are in reliable hands.
FamiSafe is available on the App Store and Google Play. Feel free to download it today and get an opportunity to test its wonderful functions within a generous 3-days trial period. FamiSafe understands the concerns of every parent, that’s why we designed our product to allow you the peace of mind you’ve been longing for.