10 Best Free Android Monitoring Apps to Monitor Your Kids
phone monitoring app
- Parent Monitoring Tips
- Monitoring Apps
- Social Media Parental Control
There can be no debate on the fact that we as parents or guardians, need to monitor our kids, whether it is home or outside. The Internet as you all know is an awesome database full of information and fascinating things to learn. However, it is also harmful to those who are not aware of its dangers or have little self-control. There are dangerous elements like stalkers, and there are nefarious schemes like apps demanding payment for content. These elements can affect children unless we take steps to prevent it. With changing times and improved technology, software companies have come up with several monitoring apps for Android devices that can help you to safely keep a check your kid's online activities.
In this article today, we will be providing a breakdown of the best apps that are available for free. Since there are so many apps, we will only be focusing on apps for Android OS today.
So, are you ready to know about the top ten free Android monitoring apps? Let us begin!
1 - FamiSafe Android Monitoring App
The very first Android monitoring app on our list is FamiSafe. We have chosen this as the first app on our list because of its breadth of features combined with the ease of use. Famisafe comes from Wondershare, the company with several acclaimed software packages like Filmora. The app sets itself apart from others because parents have control over children's access to the Internet, and they don't have to be in the same vicinity as the kid. The monitoring is done on their mobile device.
- No rooting is necessary
- Track kids with the geofencing feature and view location history.
- Track app activity and screen time usage.
- Block certain apps or app categories remotely.
- Block whole devices or reward screen time.
- Monitor social media apps & detect porn images
- Monitor YouTube history and block specific channels or videos.
- Only 3 free-day trial
- Cannot check call details
Try for Free Now!
- Web Filtering & Blocker
- Location Tracking & Geo-fencing
- App Blocker & App Activity Tracker
- Screen Time Limit & Schedule
- Social Media Texts & Porn Images Monitoring
2 – Spyic Android Monitoring
Spyic is an excellent Android monitoring app because it has something for everyone. Do you have children who are out and that too regularly? Then, track them down using Spyic's geofencing feature. Do they spend a lot of time on social media? Don't worry you can monitor the messages they send and receive. The best part about Spyic is installation as you don't have to root the device, the process is quite simple to perform.
- View your kid's call and text message history.
- Download multimedia content stored on the phone for your viewing.
- A keylogger tool to track what your kids typed on the keypad.
- Cannot track Windows phones.
3 – mSpy Android Monitoring
mSpy is a powerful monitoring app for Android. The app is different from others because its key feature is the option to listen in on calls. Listening in on calls comes with other features like accessing browser history, call logging, and message viewing. There are other features not found in the rest of the monitoring apps like email interception.
- Get periodic updates/analysis on the target phone.
- Track your child's phone remotely
- 24x7 customer service for any problems you might encounter.
- Compatibility issue.
- Keylogger feature needs manual setup, does not work automatically.
4 – Children Tracking
Children Tracking has a slightly different focus compared to other Android monitoring apps on the list. Children Tracking focuses on tracking a child's physical location as opposed to their online activities. Hence, if you are concerned about your children's whereabouts throughout the day, the app is perfect for you.
- View your children's location in real-time.
- User-friendly interface
- Optimized to consume less battery
- The app contains advertisements.
- As per users, their customer service is not good
5 - The TruthSpy Android Monitoring
The TruthSpy is a free Android monitoring app that comes with several features to track a certain phone. The hallmark of the app is its tracking capability. The system for tracking is remarkably accurate, allowing users to rescue a missing device. The app comes with other features you would want from a monitoring app like browser history and GPS history. Overall, this is a versatile app and a sound choice for any parent.
- Accessible interface
- Tracks accurate locations in real-time
- Free 48 hours trial
- Some users have complained about the app stopping abruptly.
- Voice recording does not work well
6 – Track It Android Monitoring
This Android monitoring app is perfect for parents to keep an eye on their kids' online activities. The app is incredibly convenient because you can monitor remotely from your own phone. It gives parents the power to monitor browsing and chat activities, very important if they play online games. It is also great for employers to protect trade secrets through features like GPS charts and call history.
- Track vital information like Wi-Fi tracking.
- Receive notifications from a tracked phone.
- Lacks advanced features like social media tracking.
- Slow in performance
7 – SpyHuman for Android Monitoring
SpyHuman is a monitoring app for those who prefer to monitor multiple devices. Not only will SpyHuman work on Android devices, but it can also work on PCs. Compatibility on different devices is great for parents who need to be seated at their desks for a long time. They can monitor their children's online activities even when they are working.
- No rooting required.
- Has stealth mode so that the app keeps running quietly in the background.
- Monitor calls and block apps for free.
- Advanced features are hidden behind a paywall.
8 – FreeAndroidSpy
As the name suggests, this is a free Android monitoring app to track cell phone location and activity. After installing the app, you can perform several functions like access contacts, location, information, and multimedia content. You will get all the features you can find in paid Android apps like location tracking, view contacts, and multimedia files. Hence, this is a great acquisition for parents.
- It is completely free with all features to explore.
- Easy to install.
- Track location in real-time.
- You can't track social media activities.
9 – Mobile Tracker Free
Mobile Tracker Free is perfect for parents looking for a free monitoring app for Android. In short, if you need an app that will monitor online activity without monthly plans, Mobile Tracker Free is the best. The monitoring app comes with all the features you need from a mobile tracker which also includes SMS tracking, social media tracking, recovering pictures and so much more.
- All features are free of charge.
- Easy installation and use
- Track social media messages.
- Needs an Internet connection to complete certain transactions.
10 - Cell Tracker
Cell Tracker is a fantastic choice for parents who need an Android monitoring app. The app is also completely free and comes with all the bells and whistles you need to monitor your kids. The best part about Cell Tracker is its ability to run in the background of a target device. Hence, parents can monitor devices without the risk of being detected by kids. The app lets you do so much including view call logs, text message history, and a lot more.
- Compatible on multiple operating systems.
- Uses the same technology as law enforcement agencies.
- Record conversations.
- The user interface may not be familiar to users.
Every parent has the right or more so it is their duty to monitor their kid's online activities. They are responsible for keeping their children safe and making sure they don't make mistakes. With that goal in mind, we provided a detailed list of all the mobile apps that can help you as a parent monitor online activities.
Lastly, we focused on free Android monitoring apps for this particular article because there are plenty that deserves the spotlight. Hope you enjoyed reading the article, do let us know about your thoughts in the section below.