Forgot Your Restrictions Passcode? Here’s how you can recover it!
Recover Your Restrictions Passcode
Over the last few years, Apple has certainly added a lot of features for parental control. By using the native “Restrictions” feature on iPhone, parents can control the way their kids use their phones. In order to bypass a restriction, a pre-set password is needed. Usually, the passcode is only known to parents. Sometimes, parents keep unique passwords that they end up forgetting themselves. If you also forgot parental control password, then don’t worry – we are here to assist you. Read on and learn how to recover parental control password on your iPhone.
How to recover the lost parental control password by performing a Factory Reset?
The easiest way to recover parental control password is by performing a factory reset on the device. As you know, a factory reset would restore your device to its default settings. The default settings will overwrite the restrictions password and all the saved customized settings regarding parental controls as well. Therefore, when you would factory reset your device it will be like brand new. You would have to perform an initial setup once again.
While the process seems quite convenient, it has a major drawback. All the saved data, user content and settings will automatically be deleted from your device. Therefore, it is recommended to take a backup of your phone first before you factory reset it. In this way, you can resolve the forgot parental control password issue without losing any important data from the phone.
- Once you have taken the backup of your device, go to its Settings> General.
- Now, tap on the “Reset” button. From all the provided options, select “Erase All Content and Settings” to factory reset the device.
- In order to confirm your choice, you need to enter the passcode of your device. Remember, this is the device’s native passcode and not the parental restriction code.
- To confirm your choice, tap on the “Erase iPhone” option. Wait for a while as your phone would be restarted with default settings and no parental control restrictions.
How to recover your lost parental control password without restoring your iPhone or iPad?
By following the above-stated technique, users can recover parental control password. Though, they would have to lose their data in the process. If you don’t want to restore your iPhone and still recover parental control password, then you need to walk an extra mile. There are a few iTunes backup extractors that can help you resolve this issue. While the process is a bit complicated, it will certainly meet your requirements. If you forgot parental control password on your iPhone, then follow this stepwise approach.
1. First of all, you need to take a backup of your iPhone or iPad using iTunes. To do this, simply connect your iOS device to the system and launch an updated version of iTunes on it.
2. Select your device and go to its Summary tab. From here, you can backup your device on the local system. Select “This Computer” instead of taking a backup on the cloud. Also, when you are taking a backup of your iOS device, make sure that the restriction code is enabled on it.
3. Now, you need to install an iTunes backup extractor on your computer. We recommend iBackupBot as it is a user-friendly tool.
4. Launch iBackupBot on your system and load your iTunes backup. From its left panel, you need to navigate to System Files> HomeDomain> Library.
5. On the right, this will display all the files in the Library folder. Go to the “Preferences” folder and look for the file name “com.apple.springboard.plist”. You can also look for this file name on the search bar as well.
6. Select the file, right-click it, and open it with a text editor (like Notepad or WordPad).
7. Now, you need to carefully look for the parental control restriction key in this file. Search for the “SBParentalControlsMCContentRestrictions” in the file. Our aim is to find the following lines:
<key >SBParentalControlsMCContentRestrictions<key >
<key >countryCode<key >
<string >us<string >
Just after the </dict> tag, you need to make some adjustments in the file. We have to add a key and a string value to it. For instance, if you have to set 1234 as the restriction code, then the key will be as follows:
<key >SBParentalControlsPIN<key >
<string >1234<string >
9. Great! You are almost there. Once you have entered the code, save the file and close it.
10. Now, connect your iPhone back to your system and let the application detect it automatically. Select the device, right-click it, and restore the backup.
11. Select the backup file on which you have made the relevant changes.
Once the backup is restored, the restriction passcode will also be updated to the provided string. In this case, it is “1234”.
FamiSafe - The Best Parental Control App for iPhone
As you can see, it takes a lot of effort to recover parental control password on iPhone. If you don’t want to go through so much hassle, then try FamiSafe. It is a complete parental control app that works on every leading iOS device. Easy to install and use, it comes with tons of advanced features. Parents can track the live location of their kids, set strict time limits for the device usage, and even monitor the activity of their kids on the device remotely.
- It provides the real-time location tracking of a device.
- Parents can also check the past location records of their kids.
- Get instant check-in and check-out alerts whenever your kids would enter or leave a restricted area.
- Block an app or website on the device remotely.
- Set strict time-based restrictions on the device. Parents can also block the device anytime they want.
- It has an intelligent scheduling feature as well to make sure your kids won’t get addicted to their smartphone.
- Monitor the way your kids use their iOS devices and set age-appropriate restrictions as well.
There are tons of other features that FamiSafe has to offer. You can simply download it on your iOS device for free to further explore it. After completing its 3-day free trial, you can get its premium subscription for as less as $9.99 a month. It is quite easy to install and would not require you to jailbreak your device as well.
- Parental Controls
- 1.1 Baby Monitor
- 1.2 Monitor Child's iPhone
- 1.3 Check Private Browsing History on Android
- 1.4 Check Your Child's Online Web Browser History
- 1.5 Free Parental Control Apps for Android
- 1.6 Best Parental Control Apps
- 1.7 Set Parental Control on YouTube
- 1.8 Best iOS Parental Control Apps
- 1.9 iPhone Spyware Detection and Removal
- 1.10 Parental Control Apps for Cell Phone Monitoring
- 1.11 Parental Control Routers
- 1.12 Snapchat Parental Control
- Mobile Tracker
- 2.1 Android GPS Tracking Apps
- 2.2 Child GPS Tracking Devices
- 2.3 GPS Tracking Device for Kids
- 2.4 Find Someone's Location on Facebook
- 2.5 See someone’s Location on iPhone
- 2.6 How to Track a Phone Number
- 2.7 Cell Phone Tracker by Number
- 2.8 Best GPS Phone Tracker
- 2.9 Find Real Time Location of a Mobile Phone
- 2.10 Find Your Lost Android Phone
- 2.11 Share Location Between iPhone and Android
- 2.12 Track a Cell Phone Location for Free
- 2.13 Track A Person's Location
- 2.14 How to Track Your Kid's iPhone
- 2.15 If Your Phone is Being Monitored?
- 2.16 How Do I Stop Someone Tracking My iPhone?
- 2.17 Which Websites Are Visited?
- Block Apps & Sites
- 3.1 Best Ad Blocker Apps
- 3.2 Porn Blocker App to Block Porn
- 3.3 Block Porn on Android
- 3.4 Block a Phone Number on iPhone
- 3.5 Block Porn on iPhone
- 3.6 How to Block Porn Sites
- 3.7 Block Websites on Android Phone
- 3.8 Block Text Messages on Android and iPhone
- 3.9 Block Websites on Android Chrome
- 3.10 Porn Blocking Apps for Parents
- 3.11 Free website blocker apps and chrome extension