Internet safety tips for kids and teens
Internet safety tips
Part 1: Introduction
Despite technical advancement in the internet field, parents are looking for internet safety tips, and precautionary methods to safeguard their kids, and teens from cyber phantoms. You can find dangers in every innovation. The parents should identify those fear factors in the cyberspace, which bothers your children. Nowadays, kids and teens have social networking accounts. They are highly prone to that website frequently. The immature minds quickly get into unwanted cyber issues.
Part 2: Ten internet safety tips for kids and teens
The ten internet safety for teens and kids as follows
- Effective usage of Privacy Settings
- Be careful while sharing
- Avoid personal meetings
- Beware of software
- Practice effective web search
- Maintain passwords
- Dangers of public Wi-Fi
- Internet education
- Get rid of cyberbullying
The parents must help their kids to edit privacy settings on social networking websites. In Facebook, you can edit settings such as ‘Activity’, ‘How people find and contact you’, ‘Timeline’, and ‘Tagging’ etc. When your kids have an account on Facebook, then you must intervene to modify the settings.
The kids and teens should be careful when sharing images or videos with online friends. They should not send or post any personal information like phone number, family pictures or videos, date of birth, gender, etc. While creating a profile on the social network, the kids should not reveal their private details.
If the online friends request for a meeting, then your kids should ignore it immediately. You must educate your kids regarding the hidden danger in this type of meeting
While installing any software or games from the internet, the kids and teens should be cautious because many viruses and malware reside on those platforms. It enters into your kid’s system in no time. Those foreign bodies interrupt the proper functioning of the device, and it destroys the PC or gadgets forever.
When the kids try to make use of search feature, then they should be wise enough to follow up ‘Safe Search’ concepts. The parents should turn on the safe search feature in the browser. This setting avoids the entry of adult content website and nude images during their search.
The parents must educate their kids regarding the value of passwords. They should train the kids not to share the passwords from any source to anyone. Those credentials are personal, and it belongs only to the concerned person.
The parents must give awareness of the hidden dangers of public Wi-Fi. The public Wi-Fi is not safe, and it may carry virus carriers. The kids should not make use of those free internet for accessing social networking websites, bank transactions etc.
The parents must give awareness about the fake members on a social platform. The kids and teens should learn how to make use of the ‘Report’ feature on social networking websites.
When the kids and teens face cyberbullying issues, then they should know how to get rid of the situation. You should educate your kids to ignore and avoid those chats. You must assist your kid to log out from that suspicious network immediately.
Part 3: What can parents do for kid's internet safety?
When you find your kid working on the internet, then stay beside them, and explore the stuff together. You can interact with your kid when he/she wander around the cyberspace. Then, educate the dangers they might encounter while making use of this online platform. Show them real online threats, and give them practical knowledge about the phantoms of the cyber world.
Discuss the positive and negative aspects of this virtual cosmos:
As parents, you have to provide the kids with resources to learn about the pros and cons of the internet. You have to help the kids to identify the threats before the situation becomes worse. Through effective communication with your kids, you can ensure they make use of the informative world wisely.
Comfortable to report
In case, if your kid encounters adult content or inappropriate materials accidentally, then practice them to report to you immediately. Talk to your kids, and disclose the shyness in them to reveal such incidents without any hesitation. This scenario happens only if you provide comforts in sharing.
Set time limit
Do not allow your kid to be online for long hours, and during nighttime. You have to protect your kid during a critical time zone where the inappropriate stuff becomes active. You have to frame a time limit for internet, and stick on to it always.
No private surfing
You should not allow your kid to work on the internet privately. He/she must use the gadgets or PC in a living room instead of an isolated place like a bedroom, friend’s house etc. This makes your supervision better, and your kid will not try out any mischief.
Part 4: Use parental control app for internet safety
The FamiSafe is an awesome app to monitor the kid’s online activities remotely. It has innumerable built-in features to protect the kids, and teens from threats on the internet. It is an effective parental control tool from Wondershare.
The Incredible features of FamiSafe
- Extremely user-friendly interface, and functions consistently in all situations
- Hassle-free download, and installation process
- Record and monitor the data precisely
- Professional settings to establish complete control of the kid’s gadgets
- Schedules the kid’s time wisely using the ‘Smart Schedule’ option
Working with FamiSafe
It is simple to work with FamiSafe.
Install the app:
You must go to the FamiSafe official website, and tap the ‘Try it now’ button else, you can try out the download process in ‘Google play’ or ‘App Store’ based on your OS platform(Android or iOS)
Register on both your kid’s device as well as yours:
Create an account in FamiSafe, and do following changes in your gadget as well as in your kid’s device
In your kid’s phone
- You must sign in to your FamiSafe account.
- You should fill in the fields with kid’s details like name, age etc, and grant permissions during the registration process.
In your gadget
- You should enter the login credentials, and sign in to your FamiSafe account
- Here, you have to reveal the identity as a parent and connect with your kid’s device
Explore and enjoy the features
You must tap the icons on the left pane, and make use of the in-built features like ‘Activity Report’, ‘Screen Time’, ‘Explicit Content Detection’, etc as per your requirement.
Part 5: Conclusion
Thus, FamiSafe is the perfect app to supervise the online activities of the kids precisely. It is the foremost responsibility of the parents to provide a safe internet platform for the children to explore their skills. The remarkable features of FamiSafe assist the parents to build a secure fence around the kids amidst the online monsters. With the help of FamiSafe, you can create a virtual eye watching out the kid’s gadget activities remotely. You can download, register, and explore the striking aspects of FamiSafe parental control software.
- Parental Controls
- How to Put a Parental Block on iPhone
- How to Put a Parental Block on Android
- How to Put a Parental Block on iPad
- How to Block Apps on iPhone
- How to Block Facebook Apps
- How to Block Apps on iPad
- How to Block Whatspp on Kid's Phone
- How to Block People on WhatsApp
- How to Block or Unblock WhatsApp Contacts on iPhone
- How to Know If Someone Blocked You on WhatsApp
- What Happens When You Block Someone on WhatsApp
- How to Block a Number on Whatsapp
- How to Block a Contact on WhatsApp
- Best Parental Control App to Lock Your Kid's Smartphone
- How to Lock Your Kids Phones or Tablets with FamiSafe Remotely
- Parental Controls Tips & Tricks
- 10 Parenting Tips to Calm Down Kids in a Minute
- 10 Parenting Tips to Deal With a Naughty Child
- 10 Types of Child Behavior That Are Dangerous to Ignore
- 10 Proven Ways to Stop Your Child from Lying
- 10 Important Things Your Child Should Learn by Age 10
- 10 Things Parents Should Never Do for Their Kids
- How To Answer the Most Difficult Children's Questions
- 18 Questions That Could Save Your Child’s Life
- If You Get This Message, Your Child Is in Danger
- 10 Things You Should Never Forbid Children from Doing
- 10 Things You Should Never Say to Children
- 10 Habits That Can Ruin Both Parent's and Kids' Lives
- 6 Child Behavior Problems That Are Parents’ Fault
- 10 Basic Tips on How to Protect Your Child
- 10 PARENTING MISTAKES WE SHOULD AVOID
- 5 Questions You Should Ask Children Every Day
- 11 Phrases Every Child Needs to Hear from Parents
- 10 Things You Should Never Say to Teens
- 10 Things Every Dad Should Teach His Son
- Best Solutions to Help You Deal with Out of Control Kids
- How to Control Anger with Kids
- Teaching Your Children Self-Control
- Keeping Your Child Safe on the Internet
- Keep Your Kids Safe Online with These Tips
- FamiSafe Shares 10 Ways to Keep Your Home Safe
- TeenSafe Drive - How to Set Speed Limit
- FamiSafe Alternative
- Kids Place Parental Control Review
- SecureTeen Parental Control Review
- Screen Time Parental Control Review
- Kids Zone Parental Control Review
- Launcher & Home screen for kids Review
- Kidslox Parental Control Review
- Qustodio Parental Control Review
- FamilyTime Parental Controls Review
- Heimdall Parental Control Review
- OurPact – Parental Control Review
- Parental Control Kroha. Doctor Komarovskiy Review
- SafeKiddo Parental Control Review
- Safe Family - Parental Control Review
- Norton Family Premier Review
- ESET Parental Control Review
- Net Nanny Review
- Lock2Learn Parental Control Review
- My Mobile Watchdog Parental Control Review
- MMGuardian Review