Parental Control Software Reviews
parental control software reviews
Parenting in such a modern time is by no means an easy task. In the digital age, today’s kids are well aware of the internet and its diverse scope and that’s the reason they spend most of their time online. Due to this, today parenting has become the biggest challenge due to the fact that the fragile mind of a child can easily come into contact with the inappropriate content over the internet. Thus, it is very much important that a good amount of time is been put in by the parents to ensure that whatever their child is using over the internet is safe.
You must be wondering how you can do to actually ensure that! If this is what is going in your mind then you do not have to worry.
Today a wide range of computer parental control software has been designed which enables the parents to have a proper control of the use of cell phones by their kids. It also enables the parents to ensure the safety of the child. Parents also get to decide what their child can see on the internet and what they can’t.
These computer parental control software can actually do a lot for the parents and it includes:
- Parents can get to know the exact location of their child.
- Receive notifications if they enter an unusual place.
- Monitor the screen time
- Block the adult content and much more
We know, the whole idea of the computer parental control software has impressed you and you must be eagerly wanting to know more about it. If yes, then the following parental control software reviews will definitely help you to know the best software designed for the parents to ensure the safe and effective use of the internet by their child.
Parental Control Software Reviews:
The FamiSafe application is one of the best monitoring applications which is been widely used by the parents to ensure the safety of their child. The application is very much easy to use and can be installed on the kid’s as well as parents phone. This way parents easily get access to all of the data from their kid's phone.
- GPS tracking
- Monitor the screen time
- Block unwanted websites
- Set screen-time
- Complete access to the web browsing, games, and use of other applications
- Easy to install and use
- Works best with both Android and iOS
- Safe and fast
- Doesn’t work on computers
- Only 3 days free trial
Price: 3 days free trial
2. Kaspersky Safe Kids
Kaspersky has been operating for several years in the field of digital protection. The application enables the parents to not only get the details of the kid’s location but also to manage their use of the device.
- GPS tracking
- Monitor screen time
- Monitor the use of applications
- Monitor social media activity
- Highly affordable
- Widespread alert system
- No limitation on the number of devices it can monitor
- Not a good customer support system
- Limitations for iOS
- Limitation on social media monitoring
Qustodio is one of the most comprehensive applications developed for the parents to have proper control over the use of the phone by their kids. It enables the parents to set the screen time, block adult content screening sites and much more.
- Content filtering
- Monitoring screen time
- SMS alert
- Enables location tracking
- Filters the web content
- Extensive cross-platform support
- Easy to use
- Compatible with Windows, Mac, iOS, Android
- Very expensive
- Some limitation with iOS
Price: small plan costs $49.95/year.
4. ESET Parental Control
ESET parental control application provides wide-range of the features for the parental-control. It not only tracks the child location but also enables the parents to get a detailed information about the app usage etc.
- Application guard
- Monitoring of the web content
- App limitation including gaming applications
- Activity reports
- Free trial for 30 days
- Compatible with Android and iOS both
- No call blocking
- Use of application is a bit technical
5. Family Time
As its name indicates, the family time application is one of the best monitoring application which also makes tracking a real easy game. With the application, you can not only track the location but also ensure the correct use of the device and the access to appropriate content over the phone.
- Screen-time limitation
- GPS tracking
- Customize app blocking
- Access to all the calls and messages
- The excellent customer support system
- Works best for Android and iOS both
- A bit costly
- The child can easily disable it
- Need a continuous internet connection
Price: $1.15/month for one device
NetNanny is one of the best parental control software out there. Whether you want to block certain apps, monitor the internet usage of your child or restrict the access of certain online content on your child’s device, it is a perfect choice.
- Time management.
- Social media monitoring.
- Monitoring of the internet usage.
- Complete reports of the internet usage of your child
- Supports almost all major Operating systems.
- Easy installation.
- Customer support is not up to the mark.
- Limited features. No way to track your child’s location.
Want to know what your child is up to when he’s on the internet surfing?
Well, kidlogger does exactly that and much more!
Here is a list of useful features of kidlogger.
- Social media monitoring.
- Periodically capturing screenshots of the computer screen.
- Recording of keystrokes.
- Monitor the messages sent and received.
- The capturing of screenshots at random points is a really great feature.
- The basic plan is free.
- Affordable pricing.
- A bit complex user interface.
- Doesn’t work well on iOS.
Price: the basic plan is free while the standard plan costs $29/year and professional plan costs $89/year.
8. Norton family premier
Norton family premier is an app that makes parenting a much easier job. It lets the parents track the online activities of their kids with ease and the best part is, this app works really well on all major operating systems.
- Internet browsing monitoring.
- Screen time limits.
- Detailed reports of device usage.
- Works really well on all major platforms.
- The detailed usage reports of this app are quite useful.
- Affordable pricing.
- The setup is a bit complex.
- Not a very friendly user interface.
Another great parental control software currently available, is Mspy. If you want to monitor the smartphone usage of your child then this app is worth looking at.
Here are some cool features Mspy has to offer:
- Location monitoring of the child.
- Tracks the calls and messages of the child.
- Lets the parents monitor the social media activity of their child.
- User-friendly interface.
- Keylogger feature is great.
- Compatible with both iOS and Android.
- Doesn’t work with computers and laptop.
- Very expensive.
Price: starts from $29.99/month.
10. mobile watchdog
The last on our list is Mobile watchdog. Same as mSpy, this app also allows the parents to monitor the smartphone usage of their child. Furthermore, it also lets the parents put some restrictions on the online activities of their child if they want.
- Calls and messages monitoring.
- Supports location tracking.
- Time blocks for apps.
- the User-interface of this app is very clean and user-friendly.
- Simple setup
- Detailed reports of child’s activities online.
- The time block feature is not yet available for the iOS.
Pricing: starts from $14.99/month.
Our pick for the best parental control software:
And now the million dollar question. Which of the above-mentioned software is the best one?
The answer is: FamiSafe.
Not only it is extremely cost-efficient, but it also has plenty of features to offer. Famisafe has the most features when it comes to parental control and therefore it’s a no-brainer that it is indeed the best software right now.
we encourage the parents to give FamiSafe a try. The application is not only user-friendly but also very much cheaper and works best for the iOS and Android both. It is easily downloadable and can be downloaded using the App store or play store.
Wrapping it up:
Today, wide-range of parental control application is designed with the purpose of making the parenting a bit easy. Understanding the fragile nature of a child’s brain, it is quintessential that at every point we ensure that the information and the knowledge with which a child has surrounded himself is safe for them. Therefore, a constant monitoring is required for this purpose.
We hope that from the above-mentioned parental control software reviews will enable the parents to select the best application for their family that can ensure the maximum protection in a cost-effective way.
- Parental Controls
- How to Put a Parental Block on iPhone
- How to Put a Parental Block on Android
- How to Put a Parental Block on iPad
- How to Block Apps on iPhone
- How to Block Facebook Apps
- How to Block Apps on iPad
- How to Block Whatspp on Kid's Phone
- How to Block People on WhatsApp
- How to Block or Unblock WhatsApp Contacts on iPhone
- How to Know If Someone Blocked You on WhatsApp
- What Happens When You Block Someone on WhatsApp
- How to Block a Number on Whatsapp
- How to Block a Contact on WhatsApp
- Best Parental Control App to Lock Your Kid's Smartphone
- How to Lock Your Kids Phones or Tablets with FamiSafe Remotely
- Parental Controls Tips & Tricks
- 10 Parenting Tips to Calm Down Kids in a Minute
- 10 Parenting Tips to Deal With a Naughty Child
- 10 Types of Child Behavior That Are Dangerous to Ignore
- 10 Proven Ways to Stop Your Child from Lying
- 10 Important Things Your Child Should Learn by Age 10
- 10 Things Parents Should Never Do for Their Kids
- How To Answer the Most Difficult Children's Questions
- 18 Questions That Could Save Your Child’s Life
- If You Get This Message, Your Child Is in Danger
- 10 Things You Should Never Forbid Children from Doing
- 10 Things You Should Never Say to Children
- 10 Habits That Can Ruin Both Parent's and Kids' Lives
- 6 Child Behavior Problems That Are Parents’ Fault
- 10 Basic Tips on How to Protect Your Child
- 10 PARENTING MISTAKES WE SHOULD AVOID
- 5 Questions You Should Ask Children Every Day
- 11 Phrases Every Child Needs to Hear from Parents
- 10 Things You Should Never Say to Teens
- 10 Things Every Dad Should Teach His Son
- Best Solutions to Help You Deal with Out of Control Kids
- How to Control Anger with Kids
- Teaching Your Children Self-Control
- Keeping Your Child Safe on the Internet
- Keep Your Kids Safe Online with These Tips
- FamiSafe Shares 10 Ways to Keep Your Home Safe
- TeenSafe Drive - How to Set Speed Limit
- FamiSafe Alternative
- Kids Place Parental Control Review
- SecureTeen Parental Control Review
- Screen Time Parental Control Review
- Kids Zone Parental Control Review
- Launcher & Home screen for kids Review
- Kidslox Parental Control Review
- Qustodio Parental Control Review
- FamilyTime Parental Controls Review
- Heimdall Parental Control Review
- OurPact – Parental Control Review
- Parental Control Kroha. Doctor Komarovskiy Review
- SafeKiddo Parental Control Review
- Safe Family - Parental Control Review
- Norton Family Premier Review
- ESET Parental Control Review
- Net Nanny Review
- Lock2Learn Parental Control Review
- My Mobile Watchdog Parental Control Review
- MMGuardian Review