The Best GPS Trackers and Senior Wearables Tracking Devices
senior tracking device
GPS tracking is not used for tracking stolen smartphones or vehicles. Tracking a person is not just an imagination anymore. Technology has advanced at a rapid pace and the size of GPS trackers has gone way down than in the past. So, it has made possible to track a person, even when he doesn’t have a smartphone or without a car. Such use of GPS technology to track someone’s location is especially useful in tracking senior or elderly. Here in this post, we will talk more about best senior tracking devices.
Why senior need Senior tracking devices
In old age, a person’s memory gets weaker and they become prone to diseases like dementia and Alzheimer’s. Elderly with these conditions can’t seem to recognize even the places they have gone. They have trouble even going to their homes from the same path they may have taken for the whole of their life and keep wandering here and there. This a problem for their as well as other’s security as they can cause or get involved in accidents. This is the reason that many people use senior tracking device so that they always know their parent's locations.
11 GPS Trackers and Senior Wearables Tracking Devices
1. Wonbo Smart Watch for Senior Tracking
Wonbo Smart watches have come up with senior tracking devices, to take care of elder people by providing live tracking to the family members. It also helps them to know about their surroundings by listening to surrounding voice remotely. This feature is greatly helpful in case of emergency. Elders can also take the help of SOS emergency call ability of Wonbo smart watch to inform their family members.
- Real time Senior tracking device.
- Anti-Scratch Glass made up of Sapphire to give it simple yet clear visibility.
- Smart watch strap is made up of skin friendly material.
- Comfortable and easy to carry Senior tracking device.
- Safety is ensured by remote shut down capability.
- Waterproofing makes it durable in all weather condition.
- Smart watch cannot be stopped by the person using it. So, elders might get freak out due to their limited control on it.
2. GoldStart Anti-lost Smartwatch
GoldStart Anti-lost Smartwatch is one of the best senior tracking smartwatches that work with GPS, AGPS, LBS, and Wi-Fi technology to track the precise location of a person.
- Loaded with GPS + AGPS + LBS + Wi-Fi tracking technology.
- 1.2-inch color screen.
- Water resistant.
- Allows two-way conversation with voice intercom.
- Supports GSM (850MHZ, 900MHZ, 1800MHZ, 1900MHZ).
- Has Sleep mode, quick dial, pedometer, weather forecast functions.
- It allows two-way communication.
- Supports more than one form of location tracking.
- Very accurate especially in the case of GPS.
- Also supports Geofencing.
- Nonremovable battery. You need to buy a new watch if battery malfunctions.
3. Spy Tec STI GL300 Mini RealTime GPS Tracker
Just like the Amcrest GPS tracker, Spy Tec STI GL300 Mini RealTime GPS Tracker is not a wearable senior GPS tracker. But like its other counterpart, it is also well versed to track elderly people. It can also be used to track the GPS location of kids, cars, spouses, etc. Its uses are limitless.
- Real-time location updates.
- Track with Google Maps.
- Supports geofence alerts.
- SOS button to call contacts or police.
- Accelerometer automatically starts tracking when detects motions.
- Get location updates every 5 seconds.
- Can be attached to belt, backpack, or underside of a vehicle.
- Battery lasts up to 2 weeks.
- Excellent customer support with 30-day return service.
- GPS not that accurate.
- The website is not secure.
4. Thinkrace PT88 Smart Electronic GPS tracker for Elderly
Thinkrace PT88 is smart electronic is a senior tracking device that has many safety and reminder features. It is very comfortable to wear and easy to carry. It is one of the best GPS tracking smartwatches for the elderly.
- It has a heart rate monitor.
- Create boundaries around places using geofencing.
- It is Waterproof.
- Supports voice chat, call etc.
- Supports multiple tracking modes - GPS, Wi-Fi, and LBS.
- Make and receive calls.
- SOS panic button is available.
- Track location in real time.
- It is quite expensive.
5. TKSTAR GPS Tracker Watch for Elderly
TKSTAR GPS Tracker Watch is a senior tracking device that can be worn around the wrist and allows you tracking their real-time location. It also has some health tracking features like a heart rate monitor to keep you updated with your elderly family member’s health at all times.
- It uses 2G GSM network.
- Set geofences around the elder’s home and get alerts if they go too far.
- It also has a heart rate monitor.
- Two-way calling.
- Uses GPS + LBS + Wi-Fi tri-positioning for maximum accuracy.
- Check past data up to 3 months.
- Not water resistant.
- Only works on GSM network.
6. Yepzon Freedom GPS Tracker
Like some other GPS tracking devices mentioned here, Yepzon Freedom GPS Tracker also uses three tracking technologies like GPS, LBS, and Wi-Fi for precise GPS tracking. You can connect your smartphone to the Yepzon Freedom GPS Tracker and attach it to someone to track their location.
- Track precise location both indoors and outdoors.
- Pay for what you use and no monthly subscription required.
- Connect two or more devices with a single smartphone.
- Easy to use.
- Affordable to use.
- No activation or cancellation fees are required.
- Ensures security of personal information.
- Built-in SIM means you cannot change network operator.
- One of the most expensive senior tracking device.
7. Hangang Mini Locator Micro A9 GPS Tracker
Hangang Mini Locator Micro A9 GPS Tracker helps you track elderly, kids, vehicle or luggage. You can track anyone’s GPS location with this as long as they carry this micro tracker with them.
- Real-time GPS tracking.
- View historical location records.
- Set up geofences.
- SOS and emergency call button.
- Works well with Android, iOS and Windows and Mac computers.
- Battery life up to 5 days.
- Accurate location tracking up to 5 meters.
- Nothing to strap it to a belt or a bag.
- Difficult to carry.
8. Amterbest D100 Elderly GPS tracker and heart rate monitor
It is a smartwatch cum GPS tracker cum heart rate monitor that allows you to ensure that your loved one stay healthy and safe. Track GPS location of the elderly as well as monitor their heart rate.
- Five positioning technology - GPS, AGPS, Wi-Fi, Beidou outdoor, Gyroscope etc.
- Real-time location tracking.
- SOS button for help.
- Heart-rate and sleep monitor.
- You can track location up to 90 days back.
- Accurate GPS tracking.
- Access location of elderly anytime with a smartphone app.
- Medicine reminder and sedentary reminder.
- Only supports GSM SIM.
- Won’t work if local network operator doesn’t support GSM.
9. T.Face T88 GPS tracking smartwatch
T.Face T88 GPS tracking smartwatch is another entry in the senior tracking device list. Incorporated with the latest technology, T.Face T88 GPS tracking smartwatch allows accurate GPS tracking of the wearer. It’s other features are -
- Two-way voice communication.
- Works on GPRS service.
- Uses four positioning technologies - WIFI+GPS+LBS+AGPS
- Also has a pedometer and G-sensor.
- Anti-takeoff alarm and geofences.
- Precise GPS tracking.
- Two Voice communication is possible.
- Water resistant against minor splashes.
- Online tracking.
- Short battery life of just 6 hours.
- Doesn’t support 3G or 4G network.
10. MX-LOCare Personal GPS Safety Watch - BR2
MX-LOCare Personal GPS Safety Watch - BR2 comes with a SIM preinstalled SIM card and allows tracking GPS location f a person. It works exceptionally well as a senior tracking device and has a bundle of features
- Real-time GPS location tracking.
- Get location updates every one minute.
- Check location history and set geofences.
- Supports 2-way voice communication.
- Hear the wearer’s surrounding with Listen-in function.
- Get accurate location data anywhere around the world.
- It requires activation fees.
- Total cost is higher than any other GPS tracking device.
11. Amcrest AM-GL300 V3
Amcrest AM-GL300 V3 is one of the best senior GPS tracking devices out there. With this device, you can track your elderly parents as well as kids from anywhere. Moreover, it may be of the size of a cigarette lighter, it provides accurate GPS tracking of the target.
- It has a geofencing facility to set boundaries.
- Battery life up to 10 days.
- Allows access from PC, Mac, Android or iOS smartphone.
- Unlimited GPS location updates and alerts.
- Small in size and can easily fit in your palm.
- Accurate and Reliable GPS tracking with worldwide access.
- No activation fees required.
- As it is required to be carried in hand or put in a bag or pocket, it is easier to lose.
GPS location tracking is not only useful in finding stolen car or smartphones, but it can also help you keep an eye on your loved ones. If you have a elderly in your home that is suffering from bad memory or disease like Dementia or Alzheimer’s, then senior tracking device can help you ensure that they don’t get lost or go somewhere when you aren’t home.