How to Track an Android Phone for Free
track android phone free
Hands up if pretty much everyone you know owns a smartphone? Yeah, that’s pretty much everyone. Smartphones have found their way into our lives and have provided so much benefit to us daily, whether that’s helping us keep connected to the people we care about, working, or even passing the time.
However, there’s another benefit that more and more people are becoming aware of, and it’s changing their lives forever. It’s called ‘location tracking’. If you’ve ever lost your phone, you may be wondering how you can find it again to get it back.
5 Free Android Phone Tracking App
Perhaps your child, another family member, or friend is out and about, and you want to make sure they’re safe with whatever is it they’re up to, as well as making sure that they’re going to the right place.
Maybe you’re an employer that hands out Android phones to their employees while they’re out and about working for you, but you want to make sure that they are actually going where your staff say they’re going. After all, this is only going to cost you money in the long run.
Today, we’re going to zero in on the best free android tracking apps. With these best free android tracking app, you’ll be able to enjoy the benefits of real-time location data, giving you all the data you need to make the right decisions in your life.
Coming in at number one, we’ve chosen FamiSafe, easily the most powerful and feature-rich Android location application available today. In addition to all the powerful, high-accuracy features that FamiSafe provides, making it suitable for any location-tracking purpose, the company has a full range of support available at all hours, as well as being able to help you get set up and started!
- Real-time GPS location tracking with map-displayed results and coordinates
- Ability to setup up geofencing parameters for custom location alerts
- See all location history and journey information
- View internet browsing history of the device
- Remotely block access to websites
- Easy to install, easy to use free android phone tracking app, track android phone free and dashboard can be accessed from anywhere in the world
- One of the most affordable monthly solutions out there
- Stealth install that means app runs invisibly on the device
- Free tracking app for android
- Works on all Android smartphones and devices, including tablets
- Constant running can cause extra heat from the device
- May drain device’s battery quicker than usual
Easily one of the most popular location tracking apps on Android is simply titled; GPS Phone Tracker. This no-frills attached free tracking app for android allows you to add yourself and your loved ones and friends to your account, so you can always see where each other are. You’ll also be able to use the built-in communication features to stay in touch at all times.
- Find friends with directions to their locations
- Use the website to find a lost phone or device
- Check your friend’s location anytime through the app
- Can work on any network or signal carrier
- Easily find your phone and the people you care about
- Hugely popular and highly-rated location tracking application
- Free to download and install
- Not a huge number of features compared with other apps
- Not compatible with all Android smartphones and devices
If you’re looking for the best free android tracking app that’s been designed to specifically cater for families who want to look out for each other, it doesn’t get much more tailored than Family Locator from Life360. This is another extremely popular free android phone tracking app that is enjoyed by millions of users around the world.
With this app, you add the people and phones that you want in your ‘circle’, which then means you’ll be able to see real-time updates on yours and their locations, as well as being able to message them securely and directly, find missing devices, and even set up custom text message alerts when you need them.
- Ability to GPS your phone and your family/friends
- Securely monitor your loved ones and stop intruders from getting your information thanks to ‘’
- Works across devices on both Android and iOS devices
- Set up custom text alerts to receive a notification when someone arrives at the destination
- Ideally designed for families to use
- Secure ‘Circles’ account to keep your location information safe
- Easy to use free android phone tracking app with simple set up
- Works with both iOS and Android smartphones
- Cannot be hidden or ‘delete-locked’ to stop people from uninstalling the app
- Can be more expensive compared to other tracking services
If you’re on the hunt for the best free android tracking app that provides you with the basic service of being able to track the location of an Android device, but without the monthly price tag, Live Mobile Location may be the free tracking app for android solution you’ve been looking for.
This app does run an ad-service, but it will provide you with location data on your device, including the ability to see and store your live location, search the nearby area for local amenities, and distance measurement to see the distance between two locations
- See the live location of where your mobile device is
- See the address of the location of your device
- Search the local area for amenities you may need
- Measure two location distances using the tape measure
- Simple and easy to use app
- Free to download, install and use
- Track android phone free
- Accurate GPS location tracking
- Unable to store past location
- Ads may be intrusive and ruin your experience
5. Google Maps
Finally, to finish off with, it may surprise you to know that you can actually use your Google Maps app and Google account to easily track android phone free and monitor the location of your phone, and the phone of another.
Not only will you get all the features that come with Google Maps, but also a location tracking service that could rival a leading free tracking app for android.
- Can see you and friend’s GPS location in real-time
- See all location history for years in the past
- Add friends, family and loved ones using your Google Account
- All the features that come with Google Maps
- Completely free, ad-free experience designed by Android developers
- Easy to use and sign in to using Google account
- Accurate location information and complete location history
- Built-in navigation and direction services
- People can hide location at any time
- No integrated stealth mode
As you can see, when it comes to tracking the location of an Android device, there are plenty of options available for you to choose from. However, while all the solutions above will get the job done, FamiSafe remains our absolute favourite.
With a ton of powerful track android phone free options, an easy installation service, accurate tracking from anywhere in the world, and now a free trial period so you can try it out for yourself, there’s no reason why FamiSafe won’t be what you’re looking for.
- Parental Controls
- 1.1 Baby Monitor
- 1.2 Monitor Child's iPhone
- 1.3 Check Private Browsing History on Android
- 1.4 Check Your Child's Online Web Browser History
- 1.5 Free Parental Control Apps for Android
- 1.6 Best Parental Control Apps
- 1.7 Set Parental Control on YouTube
- 1.8 Best iOS Parental Control Apps
- 1.9 iPhone Spyware Detection and Removal
- 1.10 Parental Control Apps for Cell Phone Monitoring
- 1.11 Parental Control Routers
- 1.12 Snapchat Parental Control
- Mobile Tracker
- 2.1 Android GPS Tracking Apps
- 2.2 Child GPS Tracking Devices
- 2.3 Find Someone's Location on Facebook
- 2.4 See someone’s Location on iPhone
- 2.5 How to Track a Phone Number
- 2.6 Cell Phone Tracker by Number
- 2.7 Best GPS Phone Tracker
- 2.8 Find Real Time Location of a Mobile Phone
- 2.9 Find Your Lost Android Phone
- 2.10 Share Location Between iPhone and Android
- 2.11 Track a Cell Phone Location for Free
- 2.12 Track A Person's Location
- 2.13 How to Track Your Kid's iPhone
- 2.14 If Your Phone is Being Monitored?
- 2.15 How Do I Stop Someone Tracking My iPhone?
- 2.16 Which Websites Are Visited?
- Block Apps & Sites
- 3.1 Best Ad Blocker Apps
- 3.2 Porn Blocker App to Block Porn
- 3.3 Block Porn on Android
- 3.4 Block a Phone Number on iPhone
- 3.5 Block Porn on iPhone
- 3.6 How to Block Porn Sites
- 3.7 Block Websites on Android Phone
- 3.8 Block Text Messages on Android and iPhone
- 3.9 Block Websites on Android Chrome
- 3.10 Porn Blocking Apps for Parents
- 3.11 Free website blocker apps and chrome extension
- Child Monitoring
- Parental Controls Tips & Tricks
- 5 Questions You Should Ask Children Every Day
- 11 Phrases Every Child Needs to Hear from Parents
- 10 Things You Should Never Say to Teens
- 10 Things Every Dad Should Teach His Son
- Best Solutions to Help You Deal with Out of Control Kids
- Control Anger with Kids
- Teaching Your Children Self-Control
- Keeping Your Child Safe on the Internet
- Keep Your Kids Safe Online with These Tips
- FamiSafe Shares 10 Ways to Keep Your Home Safe
- TeenSafe Drive - Set Speed Limit