5 Ways to Track A Cell Phone Location for Free
Tracking Phone Location Free
You always get a mini heart attack when you don’t find your cell phone where you had kept it. In fact, this fear even has a title! It’s called Nomophobia. According to studies, about 50% of people these days suffer from Nomophobia and that too to varying levels of degrees. Our phones are like, everything to us. We always store our photos, emails, contacts, memories and almost everything. It’s never easy to lose a phone, right?
While tracking a cell phone for free might sound surprising. Just so you don’t suffer from Nomophobia, we’ve come up with ways of tracking phone location free. Read along to find out how you can track cell phone location for free.
- Part 1: How to track someone's phone location via FamiSafe
- Part 2: How to track an iPhone location for free via Find My iPhone
- Part 3: How to track an iPhone location for free via iCloud.com
- Part 4: How to track Samsung phone location for free
- Part 5: How to track other Android phone location for free
With the help of FamiSafe, you wouldn’t have to worry about tracking a cell phone location. FamiSafe tops the list of all the cell phone tracking apps besides the inbuilt ones. With the use of this, you can locate any device, erase the phone’s data, lock the phone, reset the lock pin and block web content as well. Here’s how you can do all of these:
Step 1: You’ll need to install FamiSafe to track a cell phone’s location. Simply go to App Store or Google Play and search FamiSafe to download and install it.
Step 2: Sign up a FamiSafe account inside the app on your device.
Step 3: Don’t forget to activate FamiSafe on your cell phone. Take note of the fact that you’ll need to allow quite a number of permission requests while installing the app for it to be able to work properly. However, in the case of iOS, simply install a mobile device management file and allow necessary permissions.
Step 4: Once you’ve completed all the installation processes, sign in from your own device. To track a cell phone, you’ll need to install it in another device and log in using your credentials and track the location of your cell phone.
Find My iPhone is no surprise to iOS users. This app service from Apple itself is a life savior for every iPhone users’ out there. If you have this downloaded in your iPhone, you can track a cell phone location for free following the instructions below:
Step 1:Open Find My iPhone on another of your Apple devices.
Step 2: Login with your iCloud account.
Step 3: There will be several names on the screen out of which you have to tap on the name that you wish to track the location of.
Step 4: When you tap on the device name, tap on actions and you’ll see three options; erase, play sound and lost mode. When you select one of the options, your phone is believed to be safe and now you can go ahead and retrieve your phone.
iCloud is a gift from Apple. This is another alternative for you if you lose your cell phone and don’t have another Apple device handy. It’s basically just like Find My iPhone app, but for this, you can use your laptop (Windows or Mac) to track a cell phone location for free.
Step 1: Visit www.iCloud.com and log in with your Apple ID details. If it ends up showing you iCloud’s two-step authentication screen, it will need you to add a code that was sent to your Apple device. Otherwise it’s not necessary for you to enter any code.
Step 2: Click on the icon that shows the “Find My iPhone”
Step 3: A large interactive map with the location of all your Apple devices will appear.
Step 4: On top, you’ll see devices. Click on it and select the one that you wish to track.
Step 5: The three options will appear; lost mode, play sound and erase iPhone. Choose your favourite option and locate your Apple device at the exact location.
Tracking phone location free is pretty easy these days, whether it’s Samsung or iPhone. The procedures are pretty much the same. It’s just that the operating systems require separate apps to track a cell phone location for free. Luckily, Samsung Galaxy phones have its own innate feature widely known as Find My Mobile. This will help you track your phone’s location for free using a Samsung Account, which we’re sure every Samsung user has. Follow these steps and track cell phone location for free now:
Step 1: When you first get your phone, we are sure you had set up your Samsung Account and linked it to your phone properly. In tune, go to settings > account > add account > choose Samsung account.
Step 2: Enter your Samsung credentials.
Step 3: When you lost your Samsung device, from another Android device, go to the Find My Mobile icon. Then select the Registered Mobile tab. In that way, you can track the cell phone’s location via GPS for free or you may also enable other features listed below.
Do you have a Google Account? Good! Now make some use of it. It is easy tracking phone location free if you use the Android Device Manager. You sure came across this inbuilt tool in your phone at least once. You just need to toggle a switch to activate it. Additionally, you may also download the location tracker app from Play Store on any of your Android Devices and use that to track cell phone location for free.
Step 1: Switch on Android Device manager by tapping on to settings and then security.
Step 2: Head over to location and toggle it on.
Step 3: Now you should be able to track your cell phone location for free using Android Device Manager. Sign in with your Google account to access the cell phone tracker app. Swipe at the bottom of the screen to get access to all the devices that appear. Click on the device that you wish to locate. A map of the location of the device will appear.
We believe that all these methods of tracking phone location free are great and effective, plus, the good news is that it’s free! However, some of us want more features than tracking the cell phone. In that case, FamiSafe comes with more features that would help you to track the call logs, change the lock pin, erase all your data and track the exact GPS location of the cell phone. It all depends on the purpose of tracking the cell phone. But most importantly, you can trust on FamiSafe to track cell phone location for free.
- Mobile Tracker
- 5 Ways to Track A Phone
- Top 10 Best Mobile Location Tracker
- Top 10 Car Tracker You Need to Know
- Top 10 Tracking Devices & Apps for Kids
- Top 10 Child Tracking Devices Parents Need to Know
- 3 Ways to Track Mobile Location
- Top 10 iPhone Tracker in 2018
- 5 Ways to Track A Cell Phone Location for Free
- Top 10 Mobile Tracker App & Services to Track A Phone
- Top 10 GPS Tracker for Kids
- Top 10 iPhone Monitoring Software Parents Need to Know
- 10 Best Free Android Monitoring Apps to Monitor Your Kids
- 10 Best Phone Monitoring Apps Parents Can't Miss
- Monitor Phone Activity on Andriod and iPhone
- Top 10 GPS Phone Trackers for Parents
- Top 10 Free Mobile Trackers You Can't-Miss!
- Top 10 Android Tracking App You Need to Know
- Parental Controls
- Best Parental Control Apps
- Set Parental Control on YouTube
- Best iOS Parental Control Apps
- iPhone Spyware Detection and Removal
- Parental Control Apps for Cell Phone Monitoring
- Parental Control Routers
- Snapchat Parental Control
- Set Parental Controls on Social Media Apps
- The Best Parental Controls for Teen Social Media
- Monitor Social Media Apps on Kid's iPhone
- Monitor Social Media Apps on Android Phones or Tablets
- 10 Reasons You Need Parental Control Software
- The Best Parental Control Software 2018
- Best Free Parental Control Software
- Parental Control Software Reviews
- Parental Control Software for Mac (Macintosh OS X)
- Parental Control Software for Internet Filtering
- The Best Parental Control Software and Apps
- Free Download the Best Parental Control Software
- Best Parental Control Software 2018 - Time Control
- Parental Controls
- How to Stop Porn Addiction
- Stop Porn Addiction with Technology
- How to Stop Pornography Addiction for Kids
- Tips about How to Overcome Porn Addiction
- The Ultimate Guide to Overcoming Porn Addiction
- How to Break Porn Addiction: As Parents You Must Know
- What Can Parents Do to Help Kids Get Over Porn Addiction
- How to Get rid of Porn Addtiction
- Effective Ways to Beat Porn Addiction
- What is Porn Addiction & How to quit It
- Family Locator
- Best Sprint Family Locator
- Best Verizon Family Locator
- Best Family Locator App
- Best Alternative to Life360 Family Locator
- Best ATT Family Locator
- Locate a Family Member or Share Your Location with Family
- Verizon Wireless Family Locator
- T-Mobile Family Locator
- Best Alternative to VZ Family Locator
- The Best Method to Share Location on iPhone with Your Family
- Best Family Locator App for Android
- FamiSafe - The Best Family Tracing App to Locate Family Members
- T-Mobile FamilyWhere Family Locator App - Pros, Cons and Alternative
- AT&T FamilyMap App - Locate Kids & Find a Lost Phone
- 5 Free Family Locator Apps | Free GPS Tracker for Kids
- Great iPhone Family Locator App for Kids and Family