How to Track a Phone Using IMEI for Free
track phone using imei
Are you concerned about the safety of your mobile phones? Want to track your phone if it goes missing? Recently, I came across a theft incident that happened in my brother’s society. iPhone and smartphones were stolen from their rooms and still, they didn’t get it back as their phones had become untraceable. Have you faced a similar situation like this in your life ever? If yes, then you must read the article and learn how to track your phone for free and protect it from being used by strangers illegally.
The process to track your missing phone using IMEI for free is extremely simple to follow.
So let us take a look at this article to know more…
What is IMEI?
If you are not aware of IMEI number, then, let me introduce it to you. When you buy a mobile phone, its IMEI number will be found behind the battery. It is important and a good practice to make a note of it as it will come handy in case your phone ever gets lost or stolen. IMEI stands for International Mobile Equipment Identity that is a unique number provided for every mobile phone and can never be changed, unlike SIM number. In general, SIM number is used to identify the particular subscriber account while IMEI number does the work of identifying the device.
When your phone gets stolen, you should immediately contact your service provider and ask them to block your IMEI number. The number will access the GSM network to track the stolen phone and block it from accessing any other network in the particular country.
Isn’t it amazing to know that your IMEI can do wonders in keeping your data safe when your phone goes missing?
How to track the phone using IMEI for free?
If you know the respective IMEI number of the stolen device, you can track the phone using IMEI for free using various applications that are available online for this purpose.
Step 1: Search for “IMEI tracker” in your play store app and download “IMEI tracker-Find my device” on any of the smartphones or use the following link:
Step 2: Click on “Install” button and start downloading the application.
Step 3: After granting permissions for access to the application, you will be asked to enter the phone numbers of trusted members and they might be from your family or friend circle. If your phone is stolen or missing and a new SIM is inserted in your phone then, SMS notifications will be sent automatically to those trusted numbers that include IMEI number and Phone location.
Step 4: The exact location of the phone will be indicated on the screen. With the help of this IMEI number, you can now track the phone’s location easily.
Step 5: You can also send “SMS” or command, “getlostphone” from any other devices to the device that is lost and this app will acknowledge it and send the particular location as a reply.
Best Cell Phone Tracking App
Cell phone tracking apps are available for phone tracking purpose and have a wide range of features which cover tracking alert service, keep the record of online activities etc. Usually, cell phone tracking apps are network-based, handset-based and SIM-based. They operate over Wi-Fi and hot-spot networks also.
Mobile phone tracking apps help in monitoring and tracking the location and position of destination mobile phones using radio signals via GPS access. When these types of apps are installed on your destination mobile phone, they keep you up-to-date about the current position of the respective phone.
FamiSafe is recognized as one of the best phone tracking apps and is highly recommended for its ease of use and best features. It acts as best cell phone monitoring application for parents who wish to control and track online/offline activities of their kids. This parental control software is now available for both iOS device and Android phones. It has gained incredible success from its valuable customers according to the latest survey. FamiSafe helps you to check not only cell phone log details from destination phone but provide assistance while browsing the history of recently surfed web pages and websites. You can also track real time GPS location from the target device.
You can get access to FamiSafe from https://famisafe.wondershare.com/
Features of FamiSafe
- GPS tracker: Keeps a track of target phone and in case if the device gets lost, it will automatically delete all data and lock the device preventing it from further unauthorized access.
- App blocker: Acts as effective application blocker that will keep your phones away from threats and malware.
- Content Filtering: Easy to block harmful content such as gambling websites or porns.
- Screen Time Tracking: Set screen time limits and make sure their phone can not be used during study or sleep time or in specific places such as schools and bedroom.
How to track a Phone using FamiSafe?
You can even use FamiSafe to track your phone for free if lost. Just follow these simple steps and easily locate your cell phone.
Step 1: Install FamiSafe on Both Parent and Kid's phones.
Step 2: Register a FamiSafe account inside the App. You may register on either your phone or your kid's phone. The same account is applicable to both devices.
Step 3: Make some settings on both Kid's and parent's phones.
Step 4: Once, FamiSafe is the most reliable reliable parental control app for location tracking, app blocking, web filtering, screen time control and more. You can start your tracking now! You can track the target device location by choosing “Location” options from the left panel.
You can sync all the required information from the device and keep it safe for reference. Once the FamiSafe account is created, you need not install FamiSafe application all the time. You can log in from the browser or from other devices when it is needed.
In today’s world, your phone has become an integral part of life. All the tasks somehow depend on it. Missing, losing or misplacing the phone can become the most dreadful thing, so just follow the guided methods above. I am sure you now know well how to track your phone using IMEI for free as well as using cell phone tracking apps like FamiSafe.
- Parental Controls
- 1.1 Baby Monitor
- 1.2 Monitor Child's iPhone
- 1.3 Check Private Browsing History on Android
- 1.4 Check Your Child's Online Web Browser History
- 1.5 Free Parental Control Apps for Android
- 1.6 Best Parental Control Apps
- 1.7 Set Parental Control on YouTube
- 1.8 Best iOS Parental Control Apps
- 1.9 iPhone Spyware Detection and Removal
- 1.10 Parental Control Apps for Cell Phone Monitoring
- 1.11 Parental Control Routers
- 1.12 Snapchat Parental Control
- Mobile Tracker
- 2.1 Android GPS Tracking Apps
- 2.2 Child GPS Tracking Devices
- 2.3 GPS Tracking Device for Kids
- 2.4 Find Someone's Location on Facebook
- 2.5 See someone’s Location on iPhone
- 2.6 How to Track a Phone Number
- 2.7 Cell Phone Tracker by Number
- 2.8 Best GPS Phone Tracker
- 2.9 Find Real Time Location of a Mobile Phone
- 2.10 Find Your Lost Android Phone
- 2.11 Share Location Between iPhone and Android
- 2.12 Track a Cell Phone Location for Free
- 2.13 Track A Person's Location
- 2.14 How to Track Your Kid's iPhone
- 2.15 If Your Phone is Being Monitored?
- 2.16 How Do I Stop Someone Tracking My iPhone?
- 2.17 Which Websites Are Visited?
- Block Apps & Sites
- 3.1 Best Ad Blocker Apps
- 3.2 Porn Blocker App to Block Porn
- 3.3 Block Porn on Android
- 3.4 Block a Phone Number on iPhone
- 3.5 Block Porn on iPhone
- 3.6 How to Block Porn Sites
- 3.7 Block Websites on Android Phone
- 3.8 Block Text Messages on Android and iPhone
- 3.9 Block Websites on Android Chrome
- 3.10 Porn Blocking Apps for Parents
- 3.11 Free website blocker apps and chrome extension