How to Monitor Phone Activity on Android and iPhone
monitor phone activity
- Parent Monitoring Tips
- Monitoring Apps
- Social Media Parental Control
Monitoring phone activity is very simple if one has got the right tools. In this golden era of technology, it all comes down to intricate and intuitive software to monitor phones. Additionally, the need to monitor children’s phone activity grows by the day with many reasons covering all aspects of life.
Not to sound serious, but you as a parent would think what they are doing on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, WhatsApp, and all other social platforms and websites. Isn’t it?
Therefore, it is imperative for you to know how you can keep an eye on your child’s phone activity, let us learn how in the following article.
Monitor the child's phone activity
The need to monitor a child’s device arises due to the level of exposure predisposed to them on the Internet and social platforms. Most of the parental control and monitoring apps come with remarkable features that assist the parent to have a keen eye on their child. From location tracking, app blocking, web content filtering to screen time control, these apps will work remarkably and deliver such information. Kids might try to remove the apps, but they come with mechanisms designed to prevent the child from uninstalling the software.
Some of the other reasons on why it is important to monitor the child's phone activity are as follows:
- To Track Locations and Geo-Fence Places
One good reason to monitor your child is to get to know what move they make as well as the sites they visit. Knowing your child’s location is essential in case of an emergency, in which case you can pinpoint their exact location and get there in time to help them.
Geo-Fencing places are a sure way to set restrictions to locations in which you wouldn’t want them to visit. This is effective if the parent isn’t in close proximity to their child and wouldn’t want them to go to the restricted locations. The parent can caution the child in case they are about to go to restricted places.
- Restrict and allow certain Internet Content and Observe the History
What they do on the web is a matter of concern to every parent. Children could end up being bullied on the web. On the other hand, children could also end up exposed to inappropriate content. To monitor phone activity would be a shrewd move to keep them off the vices on the internet. The parent can view the web history and even block certain websites. Certain sites are full of phishing and spoofing emails, it would be better to keep the children safe from such sites.
- To Build Trust and Keep Contact with Children
The surest way to do so is by first alerting them of the monitoring software you intend to or have installed on their phone. This, in turn, builds trust and they will know you are watching, they will try to keep in line with the stipulated rules. If any restrictions are violated, prompts will be sent to the parent immediately.
- Improve Communication and Know their Communication Habits
As much as building trust is a matter of concern, the level of communication is something to consider. With emergency alerts or the SOS functions and other features on the monitoring apps, it is a good way to keep in touch in case of an emergency.
The communication etiquette and mannerism displayed on their calls, texts, and social platforms will tell a lot. This is however important to know what your child is doing online and who they are communicating with.
FamiSafe - Best Cell Phone Monitoring App
One of the safest ways to monitor phone activity on your devices is FamiSafe. It is one of the most popular monitoring tools covering a wide area of specialization. Whether that is dealing with a kids time schedule to keep them engaged in study, tracking their location, or other parental tasks that are related to monitoring phone activities. FamiSafe is the best app to do this with ease and can help you manage more than one child’s device at once.
- Understandable and easy to use
FamiSafe has a wonderfully built and friendly user interface. The app is easy to work on and configure the settings. The parent can effectively use any feature to monitor the child and it ensures safety.
- Remarkable and Extensive Features
With the ability to parental control and monitor phone activity, FamiSafe is a standalone software with world-class features that make monitoring your child easy and convenient. The performance of these features transcends other software in comparison.
Depending on your budget, getting a monitoring software that caters to your needs and works flawlessly is of paramount importance. With a free trial period, FamiSafe is a reliable and affordable software as compared to the other monitoring software. It will provide the best monitoring features at a remarkable and fixed price. FamiSafe costs $9.9/month.
FamiSafe will execute at a sturdy pace and will ensure the user enjoys it. The software is designed to perfection and has an ingenious mode of execution, from features such as Geo-fencing, Location Tracking to even Flexible Remote-Control.
To proceed with further details related to FamiSafe, below are listed some of the features that you must go through to have a better view of the functionality of the phone monitoring software.
- GPS Location Tracking and History: This feature comes in handy to view and get the real-time coordinates of your child as well as each site they visit.
- Monitoring Activities: The parent can view the way the child uses the phone and recognize the most used apps as well as all the activities they carry out online.
- Screen Time Management: The screen time management gives the parent control to set limits on the phone usage.
- App Blocking: Blocking of heavily used apps and games is a good idea to get the child to undertake other important activities.
- Web Filtering and History: FamiSafe gives the parent the ability to manage and control the content that their child is exposed to. The parent can block the site and restrict the display of certain content. The app also features the ability to see and monitor web history.
How to Monitor Phone Activity with FamiSafe
In this section, you will learn the detailed steps that will help you understand how to employ FamiSafe to monitor various phone activity on your kid’s device. Here are the steps:
Start by downloading, installing and launching the app.
Sign in. Create an account on any of the chosen devices, that is either of yours or of your kid’s phone.
Select whose device it is to be used on as well as the administrator device.
Proceed by selecting the OS of the device to be used on. The child’s device Operating System.
Now proceed and connect the two devices, i.e., the child’s and the parent’s.
An administrator console will now be opened, and the parent can make the setting of any feature they want to use.
To configure such a setting, go to the Key Features menu and select the feature you would like to use.
For instance, if you would like to view the Live Location, select it. You can now see the real-time location of your child.
Parental Control and Monitoring Practices and Tips on all Devices
- Generally, a parent should be at the forefront in helping to manage, control, and monitor their child. It may sound uncouth, but the parent should be careful of their children since they could get a different device apart from the one being monitored.
- Parents should also practice and teach their children safety practices and about the general good behavior on the Internet. There all sorts of evils on the Internet and the best way to keep a child safe is by teaching him/her how to use the Internet for educational purposes.
- Using a monitoring software is remarkable. However, for more rigid safety protocols, the parent may obtain parental controls from their ISP or within their respective OS and search engines or even browsers.
- Parents should set controls on gaming consoles.
- Parental controls should also be configured to age-appropriate settings to filter and monitor any content and the activities the child undertakes.
FamiSafe is one of the best monitoring apps for both Android and iPhone. What’s more, is that it comes with a free trial period as well. To get the app, simply download it from Apple or Google Play Store or from their official website and get on with your child’s phone monitoring activity.