These Driving at Nights Tips Will Keep You Safe After Dark
Driving at Night Tips
- Windows Parental Controls
- YouTube Parental Controls
- Snapchat Parental Controls
Driving at night is not only paranoia, but the fact is that driving at night is indeed unsafe and more dangerous than driving during the day. Do you know people who drive at night are three times more prone to get into an accident? Now, imagine your teenager driving your car at night? How prone are they to emergencies? The main issue with night driving is that our visual capacity diminishes. People who drive at night do complain that they see less of the road that's ahead. Knowing that driving at night has its disadvantages, this article has been written to share some handy driving at night tips that will help you and anyone driving at night stay alert and focused.
What are the difference between driving at night and a day?
The main difference between nighttime driving and day time driving is the visibility issue. It is quite apparent that your ability to see around you diminishes greatly when you drive at night. And the same happens with other drivers as well. Not just this, many other things happen as well; some are as follows:
- You can't see the signboards easily.
- Your contrast falls.
- Colors start to fade.
- The edges which look distinct during the day become indistinct.
- You put more strain on your eyes to see clearly.
Most of the cities do have adequate lighting, which allows the drivers to drive safely at night; however, the moment you move away from the cities, you will hardly find streetlights to guide you through, and the only thing you are dependent on is the car headlights.
You face more traffic issues during the day, but when it comes to visibility, you get to see everything around you. Not that accidents don't happen during the day, but it becomes crucial to pay more attention when driving at night.
Useful Driving at nights tips
Since driving at night is quite dangerous, we have listed six essential tips that will allow us to drive safely at night. If you follow them carefully, you will be able to drive safely at night. Ensure that you let your child know about them because they must know about them in detail to drive safely at night.
- One needs to be aware of the dangers when driving at night. No matter how careful you are while driving at night, it must be multiplied. The reason being, at night, you might come across different types of circumstances, and depending on where you are going, you must become more alert where you are going. Even if you don't feel scared, a novice driver, like your child, must know the challenges. One day or the other, they will drive on an isolated road where there are lesser street lights or no lights.
- Before stepping inside the car at night, make sure you teach the driver about high beams and headlights function. If it is a teenager, they must know about it. If you make them take a look at the vehicle's owner's manual, they will get to know about all the rules quickly. They will get to know how to switch on the light and learn where the lights are located. Your child or anyone driving the car needs to know about the apparatus fully to use them without any issue. Show where the vehicle's cabin lights are located and tell them not to switch them unless there is an emergency.
- While driving at night, all the street signs will become reflective. These street signs let you see where you are going. However, if your child has talked about driving at night, teach about these street signs and why they are so important. Tell them to pay extra attention to the night, especially if they drive in an unknown zone or area.
- Nighttime driving should be taken seriously, and ask your kid to lower the speed when driving. The reason being, nighttime visuals are less, and the reaction time can become slower as well. Reducing the speed will let you focus better on the road better.
- While driving at night, you must also be careful about unknown animals suddenly popping on the road. Scan the road for animals, and lower the speed. Most of the nighttime accidents happen because of unknown animals roaming around and appearing suddenly. Be careful about that.
- Nighttime is the most suitable time for motorists to come out on the road. If you are on the road for the first time, ensure that you are extra cautious when you see motorcycles. You might also come in contact with a motorist who is under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
Keep our mobile phone away to avoid distractions. You don't need any sort of distractions to disturb you when you are driving at night. Minimize distractions as much as you can to make sure that you can drive carefully. Put all your attention on the road.
FamiSafe Drive Safety – the app to help driver form a good habit
Technology has gone through a paradigm shift. Luckily, there are some driving safety applications available both for iOS and Android that will let you keep an eye on your child's driving behavior when they go out on the road at night. Everyone deserves to have some fun, but that doesn't mean you will allow them to break some rules which they must follow. Knowing how dangerous night driving can be, you can take a look at FamiSafe and its new driver safety features that will let you keep an eye on your child while they are driving. The parental app is not about playing with your child's privacy, but if you make them understand the importance of these apps, you will realize how beneficial they can become for you and your child.
FamiSafe is an excellent parental app that will allow you to know where your child is going at night, and everything about their driving behavior. The good thing about this app is that it comes with many features that will ensure that your child is safe when they are on the road, whether it is during the day or night.
Allow your child to drive safely and track their whereabouts via GPS location feature. This app will give you a thorough report about your child's driving statistics in real-time.
Through this app, you will come to know who your child has visited and where they have been by driving your car.
You can even set a geofencing zone for your child, too, which will enhance their security. Through the geofencing zone feature, you can warn your child to be only inside that zone. Plus, if the child crosses that geofencing zone, you will immediately get a notification.
The driving report that you will get will let you know where your child has moved in the past. This way, you will get detailed information, which will help you analyze where your child mostly goes and which location they visit.
FamiSafe App Features
Turn on the GPS location on your child's mobile phone. Through this feature, you will be able to track your child's whereabouts. This feature will not just help you see where your child is going, but you will get to know his or her regularly visited destinations as well. GPS tracking will be done in real-time.
Activate the app so that you get to know the detailed location history of your child. Through this feature, you will come to know all the locations where the child has gone to. This can be especially beneficial for nighttime driving. Rather than worrying about them all the time, just go to the location history feature, and see where your child has been to.
Nighttime driving can be more secured with the geofencing zone feature. The Geofencing zone will create a virtual boundary for your child. You will receive an alert the moment your child crosses the safe zone and goes somewhere else.
Get more details about how your kids drive. You can check the average speed, high speed, driving hours, hard break, and more with FamiSafe's Driving Report.
Nighttime driving is not safe, especially when it comes to young minds; they need to know that they are safe and secure when driving at nighttime. Nighttime increases the chances of accidents, and it becomes the parents' responsibility to make sure that when their child goes out on a long drive all alone or with friends, they are safe. This is the reason why you should consider teaching them the night time driving tips and investing in the FamiSafe app. Allow your child to drive freely, while you can have all the information to make sure that they are indeed safe and far away from troubles.