10 Useful Tips to Help You Be a Safe Driver
How to be a safe driver?
- YouTube Parental Control
- Social Media App Parental Controls
- Parental Control Tips
With more and more vehicles on the street, safe driving has never been more crucial. One must keep their eyes on the road and observe all traffic rules while controlling a car. Only then it's possible to keep yourself and everybody else on the street safe. Of course, governments of all nations are taking specific measures to ensure road safety. Nevertheless, everything boils down to the drivers in the end. You have to keep a few things in mind if you want to enhance your safety chances while driving on the road. Irrespective of your level of skills, it is a prudent decision to review the basic traffic safety rules once in a while. Having a caring attitude helps in maintaining your safety and of other drivers in the long run. In this article, we will discuss how to be a safe driver.
Importance of driving safely
One should never undermine the significance of safe driving because it can create the difference between life and death. The following statistics would help you get a clearer picture.
- On average, all across the globe, about 1.35 million people lose their lives in collisions.
- About 20 to 50 million people suffer non-fatal injuries, which in many events lead to long term disabilities.
- Every day, around 3,700 people die globally in road traffic crashes that often involve personal cars, motorcycles, buses, trucks, bicycles, or pedestrians. Almost half of the people who die are motorcycles, pedestrians, or bicyclists.
- Researchers say that a road accident is the eighth leading cause of death across the world. People of all age groups end up in body bags due to irresponsible or distracted driving. These people also hurt others. The researchers also say that road accidents claim more lives than HIV/AIDS.
As you can see, being a safe driver and obeying all traffic signs are extremely important in this day and age.
Tips to drive safely
Being responsible while driving is vital, and for this, you should be alert of your surroundings and remain focused. Here are a few more tips.
- Never drive while intoxicated: Do you want to find out how to be a safe driver? If so, then you should know that driving under alcohol intoxication is one of the worst mistakes people make. An excessive amount of alcohol in your body can cause several impairments that lead to mishaps. Always take a taxi to return home after partying. Or, you can simply ask one of your sober friends to drive you home. While these options may seem inconvenient, they can save your life as well as others’.
- Don’t go too fast: You probably came across that old public service campaign that said, “Speed Kills!” Indeed, there’s no better way to put it. Researchers found that if you increase the speed of your vehicle by even one mile per hour, then it increases your chances of causing an accident by four to five percent. Why would you risk your life or anybody else’s just because you need to get somewhere as soon as you can? If you can drive steadily, and if the traffic condition is favorable, then you’ll reach your destination sooner than usual.
- Put on that seatbelt: Indeed, it’s one of the simplest contraptions that can save lives, and people often forget to put it on. Some drivers avoid it willfully, even when the government of almost every country imposes strict norms regarding the seatbelt. There have been instances in the past where people died after a crash, even when the vehicle was going at negligible speeds. They lost their lives only because they didn’t wear their seatbelts.
- Mind the weather: The weather is probably one of the worst enemies of a driver. Inadequate visibility caused by fog, snow, or strong rains and winds often lead to severe accidents. If you experience such conditions, then you should drive as slowly as possible or go below the speed limit. Also, maintain a favorable distance from the car in front of you. Don't forget to keep your eyes peeled for sharp curves on the road.
- Drive defensively: “Defensive driving” is one of the best ways to adhere to road safety while commandeering a four-wheeler. Generally, aggressive drivers cause more accidents than others who keep a safe distance from other automobiles while maintaining appropriate speeds. Defensive drivers are always calm, even when they encounter heavy traffic. These people don’t change lanes abruptly, either.
- Avoid distractions: Let nothing distract you when you’re driving. Since the arrival of the mobile phone, events of road accidents have increased rapidly. Using the phone while driving already led to the deaths of hundreds and thousands of individuals. If you need to take the phone call, simply pull over to the side of the street and attend the call. Otherwise, ignore the ringing of the phone. Otherwise, you may not be alive to receive any more phone calls.
- Proper vehicle maintenance: Indeed, the condition of the car dictates whether you’ll be safe on the road while driving it. It’s the only way to bestow a long life to your four-wheeler and ensure your safety. Keep an eye on your tires to see that they have the right pressure as uneven tire pressures often lead to a blowout. You should also get your automobile examined by a certified mechanic.
- Drowsiness: Sometimes you have to cover long distances in your vehicle. Before you even step outside your house, make sure that you slept well last night. Driving can be an extremely tiring activity. If you don’t have enough energy, then you’ll feel drowsy while driving, and drowsy drivers often kill or hurt themselves as well as others. Moreover, you must avoid taking any medicine that makes you sleepy, particularly before undertaking a long journey.
- Maintain safe distance: Expert motorists always suggest maintaining a safe distance from the car ahead of you. You’ll need enough time to reach when the vehicle in front of you makes a sudden turn or stops abruptly. However, it’s too challenging to estimate the recommended distances while driving a car. The best way to do it is to stick to the “three-second rule.” It includes finding a stationary object on the side of a road. Once an automobile passes it, you should start counting seconds. After three seconds, you can start driving your car.
- FamiSafe Driving Report feature: Sign up for the account on the FamiSafe app. If you want to avoid catastrophic situations, then you can check the way you drive from your mobile device. Driving reports will include details of your driving routine, driving time, and the number of hard breaks. Such an app could prove to be exceptionally useful. While handling your phone while driving is an absolute no-no, it will continue its work without your intervention. Once you reach your destination, you can check the app for what it has to say about your driving tactics. Make all the necessary changes that it suggests.
Be acquainted with safety rules before driving to be a safe driver. You will have to realize that that you need to share the road courteously with other drivers too. Besides, you should consider yourself fortunate because you have technological innovations to help you. Those who used to drive vehicles fifty years before you didn’t have such luxuries.