Top 11 Smallest GPS Tracking Devices for You
Smallest GPS Tracking Device
- Smartwatch for Kids
- Smartwatch Reviews
- Kids Tracker
There are several fantastic GPS devices on the market. But do you know the best ones? Picking out the best GPS tracking chip isn't a straightforward task to finish in two minutes. You must consider the use case, like tracking children, pets, vehicles, and more. Another important consideration is the pricing. Some tracking devices are more expensive but without those hectic monthly fees. And, of course, look at the size of the device. The best GPS tracking devices are small but highly effective. So, if you find these considerations a bit overwhelming, we have compiled a list of the smallest GPS tracking device based on their function, design, and purpose.
Why We Need Micro GPS Tracking Chip
Micro GPS chips have become trendy in recent years for a good reason. This is not to suggest that traditional GPS tracking devices are useless these days. Users just want something they can pin on their backpacks or drop inside their pockets and let it do the rest.
That said, the smallest GPS tracking devices can be fitted onto a pet or car without getting noticed. They are also easy to carry around. And despite their small size, they deliver incredibly accurate readings, thanks to the reliable signals from satellites and Bluetooth that transmit data wirelessly. So, read on to learn about the best micro GPS tracking chips in the market.
11 Smallest GPS Tracking Devices
Can you imagine a GPS tracker inside your shoe? No one will notice that, obviously! GPS SmartSole is an award-winning hidden wearable for older persons. This smart sole is available for adults and big kids in three trim-to-fit sizes. Once placed inside the shoe, it's comfortable to wear and lets you monitor the wearer from the intuitive MetAlert Monitoring Portal. The caregiver can set geofences, and the innersole will send alerts via email/SMS whenever the wearer enters or leaves the zone. You can even pause some geofences and leave others active. However, the $359 pricing can be a stumbling block.
- Available in large and medium sizes.
- The SIM is compatible with T-Mobile and Rogers networks.
- The 600mAh battery lasts 24 to 96 hours with 2 to 4 hours of charging.
- Create multiple caregiver accounts on MetAlert Monitoring Portal.
- $29.94 monthly service fee.
Active Guardian is a medical alert system that easily clips onto clothing, backpack, pets, etc. It's a flexible device allowing wearers to sync it with an included necklace or wristband. Active Guardian uses 4G, GPS, and Wi-Fi connections to ensure you never miss a step of your loved ones. On the MyGuardian Portal, you can monitor movements, add/update emergency contacts, manage billing information, and more. In addition, this device comes with a responsive help button to allow you to speak to MyGuardian health professionals in an emergency. And another thing, a four-hour charge can last for five days.
- It offers water resistance for up to 30 minutes.
- It comes with a wristband and necklace.
- Hourly live location monitoring via GPS, Wi-Fi, and 4G LTE.
- Voice assistance for essential smart services.
- LED indicator lights for connectivity, battery, charging status, etc.
It would be a great injustice not to mention Apple AirTag on this honorable list. It's a simple-to-use tool that will reunite you with your luggage or loved ones without breaking a sweat. Once paired with an iPhone, you'll enjoy accurate location tracking on Apple's Find My app. This disk-shaped location tracker can slip into your wallet, pocket, bag, or key holder. However, Apple AirTags don't offer GPS connectivity. Instead, it supports Bluetooth connectivity, limiting its tracking range to around 240 meters.
- It supports Bluetooth 5.0 connectivity.
- Apple AirTag has a range of about 800 feet.
- The battery can last up to a year with a single charge.
- It has lots of third-party key fobs.
- Reasonable price range.
If you're looking for a GPS tracker for kids and adults, consider Jiobit. It's small, lightweight, and durable. Jiobit uses GPS, Bluetooth, and Wi-Fi networks to give you nationwide GPS coverage with the best range and accuracy. Jiobit offers 7-10 days of battery life with a single charge to ensure you always stay connected with your loved ones. You can also attach it securely to your backpack, shoes, clothing, and more. And always remind your child to press the small button in front of the tracker during an emergency.
- Set unlimited geofence locations and receive email/SMS alerts.
- Accurate live location tracking with 30-day history.
- 7 to 10 days of battery life with a full charge.
- Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, and cellular connectivity.
- $8.99, $14.99, and $16.99 subscription plans.
This is one of the most flexible and smallest GPS trackers on this list. With this GPS tracker, you can view live locations of people, pets, assets, and vehicles in 180+ countries, including the US. Unlike other GPS trackers with mobile apps, this device has a standalone mobile app and a web-based Americaloc viewer with an intuitive map. You can even set location updates every 10 to 60 seconds and create geofences for text and email alerts. Furthermore, Americaloc will give you up to one year of tracking history.
- Live GPS tracking service in 180+ countries.
- 1-minute location updates while moving.
- Great geo-zones and receive live email/SMS updates.
- Two to three weeks of battery life with heavy use.
- Helpful customer support.
Tracki is arguably the smallest GPS tracking device on this list. It works with GPS satellites to give users super accurate live positioning on the Tracki app while outdoors. Tracki can also use Wi-Fi to listen to nearby routers and offer 100% accurate indoor tracking. Meantime, Tracki users can set geofence zones and receive moving alerts via email and SMS. And lest I forget, it comes bundled with an international SIM card with a monthly fee that can be as low as $9.95. However, you'll only get 30 SMS alerts per month. Email alerts are unlimited, though!
- It comes with a 2G/3G/4G SIM with universal coverage.
- Monthly fee of $19.95.
- Up to 5 days of battery life.
- It offers real-time tracking every 1 to 5 minutes.
- Unlimited email notifications per month.
This ultra-discreet offers excellent real-time tracking for persons, vehicles, pets, and luggage. It's easy to set up and comes with a LandAirSea mobile app with an intuitive GPS map. This GPS tracker uses 4G LTE and satellite technologies to give users reliable, accurate, and fast GPS positioning. It also allows the user to set geofences and receive prompt location reports on email or SMS. And best of all, the battery can last for at least 14 days with full-time use. But the monthly fee of $19 to $35 is high.
- Small, lightweight, and discreet GPS tracker.
- 4G LTE support for accurate location tracking.
- A strong inbuilt magnet for a firm attachment.
- Geofencing with prompt location reports.
- Durable and water resistant.
If you're a Samsung Galaxy user, this is the perfect alternative to Apple AirTag. As expected, it's a Bluetooth-powered location tracker for tracking lost objects on your Samsung Galaxy phone. SmartTag is relatively affordable at $29.99 and has a hole for attaching your key holder or a clip. You can also use this device to run your smart home via the SmartThings app, although it doesn't control many devices like Google Assistant and Alexa. Unfortunately, the 60 feet range is nothing to smile about.
- 60 feet Bluetooth tracking range.
- Track your tag on the intuitive SmartTag map.
- Ten inbuilt ringtones to choose from.
- It works with Galaxy phones running Android 10 or newer.
- IP53-rated water resistance.
Are you constantly worried about your child's outdoor whereabouts? Well, forget about the small GPS trackers on this list and get them this smartwatch. It's beautiful, modern, and durable to take frequent abuse from your out-and-about child. After installing the companion app and connecting the watch to a 2G network, parents can track their kid's live locations with real-time updates whenever they leave or enter a geofence. You can also listen to your child's surrounding sounds remotely. Moreover, the battery lasts up to 96 hours with heavy use. But the lack of 4G/3G support is a serious letdown.
- Get real-time location updates on the mobile app.
- It supports two-way calling with approved contacts.
- Parents can set SOS emergency call numbers.
- Record the first 15 seconds of voice calls.
- Up to 96 hours of battery use.
Are you ready to cough out $799 for arguably the best smartwatch in the industry? Apple Watch Ultra is a competent watch for those with healthy bank accounts. It boasts a highly rugged and durable design with a bright Always-On Retina display. As expected, it has a large Digital Crown on the right side with more accessible buttons. This watch uses a cellular or Wi-Fi connection to show the accurate live location of the watch on the FindMy app. And don't forget to exploit the advanced health and safety features like fall and crash detection.
- Sleek, modern, and durable design.
- It uses the phone's Wi-Fi/cellular network to give accurate locations.
- A myriad of health and fitness features.
- Mark your live locations with compass waypoints.
- Up to 36 hours of battery life.
Apple AirTag and Samsung SmartTag offer limited compatibility that locks out millions of users. But thankfully, Tile Mate provides an affordable alternative on Android and iOS platforms. With this item locator, you can find keys, bags, phones, and other critical belongings within 250 feet. That's way more than what you get with the Samsung SmartTag. It also has a hole for attaching to key holders, clips, bags, purses, and more. Plus, it has a 3-year non-replaceable battery.
- Find devices and bags up to 250 feet.
- 3-year non-replaceable battery.
- IP67-rated water resistant.
- Attach it to a key holder, backpack, clips, and more.
- Sync it to Alexa and Google Assistant devices.
Is GPS tracking chip the only option for location tracking?
Having a GPS tracker to monitor the location of your loved ones, pets, bags, and other precious belongings is undoubtedly good. But in this modern age, installing a GPS tracking app like FamiSafe on your phone is the best alternative. With this mobile app, you can monitor the live locations of your child, spouse, friends, and other loved ones via the intuitive mobile app. The live positions auto-refresh every few seconds, and the app lets you create location circles to receive notifications. Other critical functions include app blocker, screen timer, website blocker, SMS filtering, and more. Give it a try!
These are the smallest GPS tracking devices to buy. Note that some devices like AirTag, SmartTag, and Tile Mate use Bluetooth instead of GPS to track objects. This makes them ideal for finding indoor things like phones, bags, and pets. On the other hand, Tracki and Americaloc can track vehicles, making them excellent for outdoor tracking. You can even use them to monitor your workers. And don't forget that FamiSafe offers that and many more directly on a phone app.