How to Block Certain Websites on Kid's Cell Phone
how to block certain websites
Are you worried that your child is looking at harmful content on the internet? Well, that’s understandable. You want to know how to block certain websites on your child’s phone and we have totally got your back.
The internet has never been a safe place for young, impressionable children. More often than not, children are unable to notice the red flags and it’s easier to lure them into trouble. Children often click on advertisements without understanding they are scams. Many of those lead to gambling or pornography websites. Worse, they may stumble onto a graphic image of violence and have nightmares for days on end. As a parent, it is your right and duty to keep your child’s internet activity in moderation. You want to exercise parental control and learn how to block a website. Luckily, we have got just the solution for you.
FamiSafe – The Best Parental Control for Website Blocking
FamiSafe is a FREE app you can download for content filtering and blocking unwanted websites. However, its functionality is not limited to just that. It is an all-rounder parental control app with many additional features that you may find useful.
Have FamiSafe installed in your child’s phone to avail all the features.
Learn what apps your kid uses and which websites they visit. FamiSafe will even show the duration of usage on your kid’s phone. You can monitor who they are in touch with. Get an understanding of your child’s smartphone habits so you can recognize potential threats ahead of time and act on it.
You can block certain apps on your kid’s phone. If they are too young to be using dating or social networking apps, you can easily block those. If your child is addicted to games and you want to limit their screen time, go ahead.
You can also pick selective periods of blocking. Block apps during school, study or bedtime. Unblock them when you feel the time is right.
Once the app is installed on your child’s phone, you don’t need to physically access their phone to use FamiSafe. You will have a control panel on your own device. You can then monitor and adjust settings remotely, even when your child is not home!
How to Block Certain Websites Using FamiSafe
If you are wondering how to block a website with FamiSafe, don’t worry. It is easier than it sounds. You can use FamiSafe to filter sensitive content of the web. The feature offered is called the WebFilter.
The WebFilter ensures all the harmful content get blocked in two ways. One is in a preset, automatic way. And the other is for exceptions you want to allow your child.
Step 1: Go to the WebFilter menu and turn on all the categories that you want blocked.
In the preset mode, you can pick categories for website that you deem inappropriate for children. FamiSafe will block all the websites in those categories and prevent your child from accessing them from their phone.
Step 2: The preset blocker is likely to block all the websites in your selected categories. If you want to permit your child a few exceptions so that they don’t miss out on the educational stuff, you can do that on FamiSafe too. Simply tap on the ‘Exceptions’ tab to add some websites your child can access, even in the blocked categories.
Aside from website blocking, FamiSafe does have a set of useful features for effective parental control. You can access all these features from your own device and monitor the host device (kid’s phone).
FamiSafe will give you the most recent location update of your child’s phone and even the historical locations. You can always keep a tab on your child’s whereabouts without being physically present on spot. You will know if they skip class to go the movies.
While you’re at work or running errands, you can be certain of your kid’s safety or act accordingly in risky situations. However, this feature will not work if your kid’s phone is switched off.
You can block the recreational uses of your kid’s cell phone at prescheduled times. When they are at school, you can ensure their undivided attention by blocking internet and multimedia features. This feature comes in pretty handy, if you want to make sure they’re getting enough sleep and not staying up all night glued to their phones.
Don’t worry, even when this block is on, they will still be able to call you and to receive your call. Safety always comes first.
This feature allows you to geographically limit areas your kid can or cannot be in. For example, if you put the school area under geo-fencing, FamiSafe will notify you when your kid enters and leaves the school. Similarly, you can set up geographic fences if you do not want your child to enter certain harmful areas like the local bar or junkyards.
To Wrap It Up
Now you know how to block certain websites on your kid’s phone. And you know how to make the most out of parental control using FamiSafe to keep your child out of trouble. You cannot protect your child if you are in the dark. You must know what they are up to, in order to recognize potential threats and to keep them safe from it. It is also crucial that your child does not lose themselves in their smartphones and forget to experience the real world around us.
Download FamiSafe for free from Google Play or the app store. Setting it up is on your device is a piece of cake. You do have to sign up but that’s free. Don’t forget to tell your child about it and make sure they are on board!
- Web Content Blocking
- Block Porn Websites
- Best Porn Blocking Apps 2018
- Block Porn on iPhone
- Block Porn Sites
- Porn Blocking Software for Parents
- Block Porn on Android
- Block Porn on Kid's Cell Phone
- Block Porn on Your Kid's Phone
- New Porn Blocking App for Parents 2018
- Block All Porn Sites on Your Phone
- Porn Sites not Blocked by Opendns - Parents Should Know
- Block Porn on Computer
- Block an App from Accessing the Internet
- Block Adult Content on Android
- Block Adult Content on Youtube
- 3 Methods to Block Adult Websites
- Block Adult Sites on Kid's Cell Phone Phone
- Block Websites on Chrome
- Best Parental Control to Block Social Media and Distracting Websites
- Keep Your Family Safe Online
- Block Certain Websites on iPhone
- Block Websites on Mac
- Block a Website on Safari
- Block All Game Sites on Your Kid's Cell Phone
- Block Websites on Firefox
- Block Certain Websites on Kid's Cell Phone
- How Do You Block a Website on Kid's iPhone
- Block a Website on Internet Explorer
- FamiSafe WebFilter - Block All Porn/Sex Sites
- The Best Website Blocker and Internet Restriction Apps
- How Can Parents Block Specific Websites from Children
- Best Internet Filters and Website Blocking Software 2018
- Permanently Block A Website
- Best Website Blockers For Studying
- Block Websites on Windows 7
- Block Websites on Computer
- Block Inappropriate Websites on My Kid's Phone
- Block Websites on iPad
- Temporarily Block Distracting Websites
- Block Websites for a Period of Time
- Block Someone on Whatsapp
- Child Monitoring
- Internet Filter
- Something You Must Know about Content Filtering
- Barracuda Web Filter Review
- DNS Content Filtering for Kids
- Use URL Filtering to Protect Website
- Best Web Filter Solutions
- Fortiguard Web Filtering Review
- How to Filter A website on Chrome
- Top 5 Content Blockers for iPhone
- All Need to Know about Parental Control Internet
- How to Block Internet Access
- Top 5 iOS Content Blockers
- Content Blockers for Samsung & iPhone
- How to Block Websites on Internet Explorer
- How to Block A Program from Accessing Internet
- Methods for Free Internet Protection
- How to Do Free Web Protection
- 5 Best Website Blocker Softwares
- How to Set Parental Bolck on Kids' Phone