iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus Parental Controls
parental controls iphone
There’s no denying that technology has become a very central part of our everyday lives, and from a family perspective, this can become quite scary when our children are involved.
Children are starting to interact with digital devices from a younger and younger age, some even being able to use an iPad before they can speak.
As a responsible parent, it’s up to you to make sure that your children are using their devices within moderation which will ultimately reduce the possibility to being exposed to dangerous and inappropriate content online, as well as minimizing the risk of technology addiction.
One of the best ways to do this is by installing parental control software on their devices. This then allows you to have full control over how the device is used and what content they can access, helping them to stay safe and healthy until they can make their own decisions.
FamiSafe - The Best Parental Control App for iPhone 8
One of the most recent and most feature-rich parental control for iPhone applications to come to market is FamiSafe. In short, it’s one of the most complete iPhone 8 parental controls experiences available and gives you all the tools you’ll need to be a responsible and aware parent.
Here are some of the features you’ll have access to;
- Real-Time Location Tracking
While your children are out and about, it’s important to know where they are at all times. When they go to school, how can you be positive that that’s where they are? If they’re out with friends, how can you be sure they are where they say they are?
With FamiSafe, you’ll be able to check the map to see exactly where your child is at all times, as well as viewing their location history, making sure you know they have only been at safe locations. You can even set up geo-fences to receive notifications if they go somewhere they shouldn’t.
- App & Activity Control
It doesn’t matter whether your children are supposed to be studying, going to bed or simply spending time with the family, the lures of technology can become overwhelming and incredibly distracting.
FamiSafe will enable you to see exactly what apps are installed on your child’s device, how often they are using them, what times they are using them, what apps are being uninstalled and how social media apps are being used.
- Online Content Management
The internet is a fantastic tool, but for children it can also be an incredibly dangerous place, especially when it comes to interacting with strangers, viewing pornographic content or other inappropriate media.
This app allows you to store all the device’s web browsing history, so you can easily see what websites are being accessed. You can even block websites as you please to stop this becoming a problem.
- Screen & Device Tracking
Do you know how long your child is using their device for each day? It may surprise you to know that most children average around 4-7 hours a day. With this parental controls iPhone app, you can see the exact time they’re using their device for.
You’ll be able to set up customizable time limits which completely blocks access to the device with a safe blocker, meaning the device cannot be used; ideal for bedtimes, family time and for when they’re in school.
- Remote Control
Unlike other iPhone 8 parental control apps, you won’t even need access to your child’s phone when you want to make any changes.
The other half of the app will be installed on your device, meaning you can make any changes and apply any blocks completely remotely, no matter where you are in the world.
How to Set Parental Controls on iPhone 8?
If FamiSafe seems like the iPhone 8 parental controls application you’ve been looking for, here’s everything you need to know on how to set it up;
Head over to the respective app store on your smartphone, and your child’s phone. Search for ‘FamiSafe’ and download it for free. The app should install itself automatically.
On either phone, click the ‘Register’ button to create an account using your email address and by creating a password. Once the account is made, sign into the account on both devices.
On your child’s phone, be sure to select the ‘Kid’s’ phone button and select ‘Parent’ on your own device. You’ll then need to go through the permissions that allow the app to run probably. Once you’ve accepted these permissions, you’ll be ready to start tracking with full access to parental controls iPhone.
How to Set Up Parental Controls On iPhone 8 With Restrictions
In addition to using FamiSafe, there are also many built-in iPhone 8 parental controls you can implement that are built into the iOS device itself. Here’s how to use them;
Restrict Safari, Camera, FaceTime, Siri, And More
Tap the Settings icon from the main menu, tap General and then scroll down to tap the Restrictions option.
Under here, you’ll see options for each integrated app, which can turn on and off as you please.
Restrict iTunes, iBook’s, Apple Music, And App Store
Access the Restrictions menu by scrolling down the Settings menu on your iPhone.
Scroll down, and you’ll find a selection of apps where you toggle access to apps as you require.
Restrict Content By Age Ratings, Block Websites, And Hide Explicit Language
If you continue to scroll down the Restrictions menu, you’ll find a sub-heading titled ‘Allowed Content.’
It’s here you’ll be able to choose what age-rated content the iOS user will be able to access, as well as to set up age-restricted limits for each area of the iPhone and hiding online content that contains explicit language.
By navigating Settings>General>Restrictions>Websites, you’ll be able to block access to certain websites
Restrict Privacy Settings
Remaining in the Restrictions menu, scroll down to the Privacy sub-menu where you’ll be able to allow or block certain apps from utilizing the device’s privacy settings.
You can block all kinds of services, including location, access to contacts, calendar entries, reminders and many more. This is a great way to stop your child from sharing content online with apps they shouldn’t be, such as social media.
Restrict Account Changes, Volume Control, And Data Use
From the Restrictions menu, scroll down to the ‘Allow Changes’ option.
Here you’ll be able to prevent your child from changing certain options that operate the device’s system. This is the best way to stop your child from changing account settings, or settings that could mess with the phone’s operational abilities.
Restrict Game Center With Parental Controls
On the Restrictions menu, scroll down to the Game Center sub-menu where you can control certain settings on the device that relates to the Games Center, such as being able to access multiplayer games, or recording their screen while they play.
Stronger iPhone Parental Control with iOS 12
With iOS 12 just around the corner, this is the operating system that parents have been waiting for since it will provide more control and monitoring features than ever before.
Using their new Screen Time functions, you’ll be able to track just how often your child is using their device, set app and screen time limits, and see what content your children are accessing.
These parental controls iPhone features can be easily set up by navigating Settings>Screen Time, where all the settings will be. Here’s how to control certain aspects.
Set App Limits
On the Screen Time menu, scroll down to the ‘App Limits’ option.
On this next screen, you’ll see the most used apps on the device and a little hourglass icon. Tap the name of the app to set time restrictions on the app using the scrolling dials for hours and minutes per day.
To add a new app limit, navigate Settings > Screen Time > App Limits > Add.
Review Your Child’s Apps
Seeing what apps your child is using is effortless thanks to Screen Time. By navigating to the Screen Time menu, you’ll instantly see which apps your child is using and how long for, helping you to make the best decisions when it comes to which apps you should block or restrict.
You’ll also be able to see how many times your child picked up their device, and how many times they have unlocked it, making this the best parental control for iPhone devices.
As you can see, moving into the future, there are many solutions available that can help you control the way that your child is using their phone. With so many reports emerging of phone addiction, especially in children, it’s never been more important to take control and help your children have a healthy relationship with technology.
If you’re looking for full parental control for iPhone, FamiSafe provides you with all the settings and features you need to carry out this job effectively. Download FamiSafe from the App Store for free and take back control today!
- iOS Parenting
- iPhone X Parental Controls
- iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus Parental Controls
- iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus Parental Controls
- iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus Parental Controls
- iPhone 5 Parental Controls
- iPhone 4 Parental Controls
- Best iPhone Parental Control App
- Best iPhone Parental Monitoring App
- Top Parental Apps for iPhone 2018
- Setup Parental Controls on iPhone
- Parental Controls - Lock Download Your Kid's iPhone
- Turn off Parental Controls on iPhone
- Block Text Messages on iPhone
- iOS Restrictions: iPhone Parental Controls Overview for Parents
- iPhone Parental Control
- Best Parental Control Software for iPhone
- Best iPhone Tracking App for Parents
- Set up Youtube Parental Controls on iPhone
- FamiSafe - Best iPod Parental Controls
- iPod Touch Parental Controls
- Set Parental Controls on iPod
- Set Parental Controls on iPad
- iOS 12 - Screen Time and iOS Parental Controls
- The Best iOS Parental Control App
- Set a Screen Time Limit on Your Kid's iPhone or iPad
- Set Up iPad Parental Controls and Content Filtering
- Best Parental Control App for iPad
- Set Youtube Parental Controls on iPad
- Block Access to Adult Content & Websites iPad
- Turn on Parental Controls on iPad
- Monitoring Tips
- Turn Your iPhone into a Baby Monitor
- Turn Your iPhone into an iPhone Heart Reate Monitor
- Turn Your iPhone into a Blood Pressure Monitor
- Monitor Text Messages on iPhone
- Best Parental Control Apps to Monitor Your Kid's iPhone
- The Best 5 iPhone Monitoring Apps without Jailbreak for Parents
- Monitor Data Usage on iPhone
- The Best iPhone Monitoring Software for Parents
- 5 Best Sleep Tracking Apps for iPhone and Apple Watch
- Best Parental Control to Monitor Kid's iPhone
- How Much Time Your Kids Waste on iPhone
- Best Android Heart Rate Monitor Apps
- Best Baby Monitor Apps for Android
- Best Monitoring Apps for Android 2018
- 5 Smart Blood Pressure Monitors That Connect to Android
- Android Battery Monitor - What's Draining Your Android Battery?
- Best 10 Network Monitoring Apps for Android
- Monitor Text Messages on Android
- Parental Controls Tips & Tricks
- Put a Parental Block on iPhone
- Put a Parental Block on Android
- Put a Parental Block on iPad
- Block Apps on iPhone
- Block Facebook Apps
- Block Apps on iPad
- Block Whatspp on Kid's Phone
- Block People on WhatsApp
- Block or Unblock WhatsApp Contacts on iPhone
- Know If Someone Blocked You on WhatsApp
- What Happens When You Block Someone on WhatsApp
- Block a Number on Whatsapp
- Block a Contact on WhatsApp
- Parental Controls
- Kids Place Parental Control Review
- SecureTeen Parental Control Review
- Screen Time Parental Control Review
- Kids Zone Parental Control Review
- Launcher & Home screen for kids Review
- Kidslox Parental Control Review
- Qustodio Parental Control Review
- FamilyTime Parental Controls Review
- Heimdall Parental Control Review
- OurPact – Parental Control Review
- Parental Control Kroha. Doctor Komarovskiy Review
- SafeKiddo Parental Control Review
- Safe Family - Parental Control Review
- Norton Family Premier Review
- ESET Parental Control Review
- Net Nanny Review
- Lock2Learn Parental Control Review
- My Mobile Watchdog Parental Control Review
- MMGuardian Review